Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

on April 13, 2009
I was initially skeptical about this book because of the 90 day claim. But after reading it, I realize that it is an actual practical dating program you work alone or with a team and is designed to get you in gear to start dating the right kind of guys. It is based on research and experience and is full of good advice which you can put into practical application. I am a happily married Relationship Expert as well, so I read most dating advice books to see what is on the market and what may be helpful to my clients. I believe this is definitely in the top three books. I think the Six Secrets of Online Dating Success section is great, because I have seen too many women blow their dating success chances by pictures and profiles that don't do them justice. I also enjoyed Five Magic Keys to Networking Success, which are extremely useful in business and dating. Dr. Kirschner also talks about how to tell who is a Dud and who is a Stud, how to avoid your Deadly Dating Patterns, and Key Flirting Techniques. So if you have been wondering how to get out of your dating dry spell or disasters, I highly recommend this book. Power Path to Love
22 comments|42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 7, 2011
I got this book two years ago while I was in a really bad relationship. This book helped me to see that not only was the guy I was living with a Dude, the way it was written it helped me get the courage to leave that Dude, and it was especially nice that there was a whole chapter written just about how to get over a broken heart. This book is not like most of the other books I read in that she includes "homework" to help you move closer towards your goal of finding love. I did not find love in 90 days, but I was able to make enabled to make a lot of positive changes in my life in 90 days which put me closer to find love. Like I said, I bought this book two years ago and I am now married and have been for 8 months. If it had not been for this book, I probably wouldn't have made the changes in my life I did from the suggestions in the book which lead me to find my husband. Even though I am married now, I am hesitant to get ride of this book because of the great information in it.
on January 15, 2009
This is a volume of information for single women. Adjustments are offered so that the reader can tailor the program to fit her needs to work alone, with a friend, or with a group. Using a journal to keep track of exercises and homework is suggested. A contract is offered along with other forms that may be filled out to organize the process.

The author talks about her personal life with the trials and tribulations that she experienced. In addition, anecdotes from real people are included that illustrate techniques that work in finding love.

The Program of Three makes good sense. Seeking a Love Mentor is one gift the reader can give herself, and the five-step process nicely guides that selection. Online dating services are listed with recommendations and discussed in detail. Concrete suggestions about fixing relationships add to the value of this book. It seems to include everything. Why, there's even sixteen Flirting Techniques listed! There are specific Love Secrets for these categories of ladies: African-American, a single parent, a college graduate, financially successful, and over forty-five.

Heart breaks and break-ups are kicked about. Eight habits of Living Love considered. Included are a summary of eight steps to love, appendixes, notes, and a comprehensive index. Folks, this is a good one.
VINE VOICEon February 28, 2010
Well, here's a disclaimer. I'm a cynic, a misanthrope and pessimist. Why on earth would someone like me even attempt to date? More puzzling, why would I pick up a dating book? Got me. I got lucky with Getting Naked Again: Dating, Romance, Sex, and Love When You've Been Divorced, Widowed, Dumped, or Distracted and I recommend it, but this book practically made me gag.

As you might guess from the title, it's an action plan and workbook all rolled into one. There is fairly solid typical advice that even I have heard before: positive thinking, putting yourself out there, go where the boys are, date a pair and a spare, etc.

Where it all falls apart is in the specifics. The author has a fairy-tale-ish, saccharine writing style that I couldn't cope with. Your significant other or spouse is the "Beloved" or "The One". Your relationship role model is your "Master Love Mentor". I'm sorry, but every time I see that it makes me think of dungeons and dominatrices! As part of the positive thinking angle, she advises the reader to choose a secret, special name for herself that will make her feel wonderful, unique and loved. Examples are "Princess Thus-and-such" and "Duchess Twinkle-toes". Not really. But along those lines. Again, I'm sorry but I'm 40 years old, not 4. I'm looking for a man with a job and a brain - not a frog in a golden crown that burps up fairy dust.

Also, I found the book a bit disjointed. I kept skipping around because I'd bump into sections that seemed irrelevant and the author encourages you to jump ahead and read specific sections relevant to your situation.

The only redeeming quality of the book is the last part that discusses the qualities of happy marriages. It was the only section that didn't have me groaning and rolling my eyes.
1515 comments|130 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 26, 2009
I was entering back into the dating field and had heard someone i knew had met the man she was going to marry, in two months, by using the Love in 90 Days dating program. I picked up a copy of the book not really intending to do the program - I was curious and intended to read it simply to get a little insight on dating these days. After two short chapters (chapter 2, "The Deadly Dating Patterns", in particular) I was hooked! Not only was I able to recognize past (ineffective) dating behaviour, but Dr. Diana also walks you through numerous, straightforward ways to break out of these habits. I decided to implement the program and have had resounding success!

Dr. Diana coaches and cheerleads you all the way from the initial stages of pre-dating fears and jitters through to finding "The One". Her principles are easy to understand and she offers frank advice and clear-cut exercises and homework. If you're in the beginning of a new relationship, her chapters on "Ditching Deadly Dating Patterns Forever", "Beware of Frenemies" and "How Happy Couples Work: The Eight Habits of Living Love" are well worth the cost of the book. If you've already found "The One", congrats, and do your single friends a favour and buy this book for them! I've even started reading the book to some of my guy friends so that they can recognize some of their own behaviour and implement the principles that Dr. Diana has carefully and lovingly discovered through her own journey to love.
on April 9, 2009
This book is NOT for just single people looking for true love but also for those of use who had already found their true love but just didn't know it. Dr. Diana's dating advice was the key to finding true love during a 4-month break-up period with the man I thought I loved for 2 years and had been living with for an additional year.

Our life together was true bliss, with the exception of one stumbling block that eventually turned out to be a deal breaker for me, so I left him at the end of the summer and had no communication with him at all.

I thought I had found true love but when I lost it I believed it was never true in the first place. I was honestly confused about love.

Interestingly enough, he never contacted me until AFTER I learned that he should "adore me, be a decent man, and be willing to grow with me". He showed up on my doorstep with a long list of "promises" and I told him to go away, cut the list in half, and come back in 30 days with the completed list. He did...and to my surprise, that exercise showed me that he truly WAS a decent man who was crazy about me, and that he WAS willing to grow because he changed the promises into completed actions to prove to me how much he wanted me in his life.

One of the things on his "promises" list was to marry me within the next 2 years but when I told him to go away and come back with half the list completed he realized that one of the things that had to remain on the list was to marry me but to actually do so and not promise or just keep it on a list.

Dr. Diana's advice helped me to see that I did have the man of my dreams all along but I just needed to know what I wanted and to see that he could be it.

We married on February 11 and have never been happier.

Thanks to Dr. Diana for helping me to see that I was entitled to have someone who adored me...was a decent man...and was willing to grow with me. My husband (my true love) is all of that and I would not have not known it if it were not for this book and it's timely message for me, personally.

OH...I almost forgot...this all happened within 90 days!!!!! (finished the book on November 16 and we were married on February 11).
on January 23, 2009
This book is genius! I normally feel shy and clueless when it comes to guys but this book breaks it all down and has helped guide me when it comes to finding and attracting men! My friends say something has shifted in me - for the better! i'm attracting guys left and right (and actually talking to them now!!!) So now, i have to buy this book for all my friends!!!
on March 6, 2009
I've only been reading the book since the beginning of February so I can't say for sure that I'll find love, but this book certainly helps to keep you on your toes. In my ten years or so of dating, I always thought dating around for a bit sounded like a good idea but it never seemed to work out that way; I was a serial monogamist. This book gives you solid advice on how to work the internet dating sites and the regular world to maximize on your results. I can honestly say that my social life has never been so busy before. Dating around is also an excellent way to come out of your shell, if you're a little shy like me.

Though the title denotes a sort of deadline, Kirschner stresses that the advice can be tailored to your comfort-level, whether you'd like to speed things along or take more time.
on February 19, 2012
I had been divorced for just over a year when I read this book. I was nervous about getting back into dating. I was afraid to try on-line dating and wasn't sure I would ever be able to date again. This book gave me the courage to try dating on-line. It also helped me to recognize bad dating habits and patterns. If it hadn't been for this book, I feel strongly that I would still be alone, instead of dating a wonderful man.
on January 26, 2016
I really wanted to like this book. Really. But two chapters in, I was rolling my eyes a little too far back into my head and by the time I got half-way into the book, I just couldn't read any further. My beef with this book and her approach is that she seems to think that by applying some formula, you will find The One. I disagree with her "formula" for several reasons. First of all, we are ALL wired differently - so why would applying some formula work for everybody? The mere concept of it is ludicrous.

Here are some instances in the book that I disagree with.

Dating 3 men simultaneously may prevent you from getting infatuated with one particular guy and jumping into the sack with him too early, but it's not for everyone, especially when you're over 45! It's just not part of my personality to juggle men like that. I never dated more than 1 guy at a time even when I was in my 20s. She also encourages people to date "against their type" - the idea being that you might find a diamond in the rough and overcome falling into your deadly patterns. Well that might work for some... but it'll be a cold day in hell when I date a man who turns me off (be it physically, mentally or emotionally). I'd rather stay single than go out with a man that I'm not attracted to. I'm not *that* desperate.

I respect the fact that she's a psychologist and that her method works for some people but I would strongly suggest that you follow your instincts when it comes to dating (unless your biological clock is ticking and you can't wait, you're desperate and can't stand being alone, etc..) Far too many people compromise or settle for less than they deserve because they figure it's as good as it gets and they might as well cut their losses. Wrong. There IS someone out there for (almost) everyone who is absolutely perfect for you in every way and is even better than you could have imagined. He/She is WORTH WAITING FOR. You just need a little patience and imagination.

I've done the online dating, personals ads, etc... and every single time it's been a great disappointment even when I went into it with a positive mindframe and the intent to succeed. Finding a quality partner in those ads is like finding a needle in a haystack. Clearly it works for some people... but not everyone. Use Law of Attraction and be patient. You're far more likely to succeed that way. After all, it's based on fundamental laws of the Universe. Who can argue with that?