Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on December 19, 2011
I got five of these lip balms free from BzzAgent, and I tried them out for over a month before making up my mind about them. Here's what my final judgement is: These lip balms are nice, they feel good on your lips, they hydrate while you wear them, and the colors are surprisingly visible. They also don't seem to do what the package says, which is make your lips actually softer over the course of your use. Like I said, I used these for a while before posting this so that I could make a fair judgement, and I definitely don't think they soften or hydrate lips any better than any other lip balm. I normally use Burt's Bees honey lip balm and I feel like that does a better job keeping my lips hydrated over time. That being said, these lip balms smell nice and they leave a nice color, and they don't feel too sticky or oily. I also like that they are in a nice and easy twist up tube rather than a squeeze tube or a pot, it makes application easy. The peach lip balm smelled nice and had a nice peachy sparkle that was subtle but not too subtle. Definitely prettier than naked lips, and very easy to put on in a pinch for time. Overall, I'd say if you're not looking for something that is going to give you long term hydration, and you just want an easy, nice-feeling, pretty lip balm, then this is a great choice.
22 comments| 170 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 10, 2015
I am a proud owner of Baby Lips by Maybelline: Quenched, Peach kiss, and Grape vine. The application is buttery smooth on the lips and just give a barely-there kind of tint to your lips. It just emphasizes healthily moisturized lips. The scents are so sweet and unique to each of their own. In my opinion, Quenched smells like fruity loops cereal, Peach kiss smells of mangoes mixed with peach and Grape vine smells like a typical artificial grape smell along with a subtle hint of bubble gum. Quenched and Peppermint are great for just a shiny and glossy look while peach is a more natural light corally pink nude with shimmer and grape gives my lips the perfect amount of color that brings life into my no-makeup face. These may not be as moisturizing and healing as Bert's Bees and Carmex, but why not just put a little more effort into applying it often and conditioning your lips subtly.
review image review image review image
on November 8, 2015
I got the peach. Smells DELICIOUS like peach iced tea, okay lasting power , would need to be reapplied every so often (about 30 min) pretty color.

Edit: ordered cherry as well! Smells like cherry starburst. I ordered both of these for the tint, but moisturizing is pretty okay.
review image review image
on January 15, 2012
I was given one of these from a good friend. She gave me the Cherry Me. I thought it would be either bright red lipstick color ornot show up at all on my lips. It was a mixture. It gave my lips a subtle cherry-kissed shine that just made my lips look a little rosier. Even after it does rub off, my lips feel amazingly soft and hydrated. I have had this for roughly a week and used it every day at least once a day, and it did work and though the differences are minor,I do see them. Before my lips were a dusty rose color with a lot of lines and creases, even when hydrated. And now, they are a peachy pink, fuller, and a little softer.
Given the time and multiple daily uses, it will more than likely work and theimprovements become more visible. Now I can't wait to try the others!
review image
on March 30, 2015
I am a bit disappointed with this one. It's goes on smooth, it feels nice while it's on, and lasts no remarkable amount of time. It smells slightly of grape, but more like a new plastic toy. It doesn't taste like grape and, praise the queens of cosmetics, it doesn't taste how it smells either!! Can't put words to how it tastes, but it's not a horrible taste, though I do refrain from tasting it in any form! I don't notice any thing remarkably different from this over the other lip moisturizers I currently use or have used before.

The color, in the tube, is really lovely. I was excited because I wanted that color on my lips!! And, this is where I was disappointed: the color is extremely sheer to none. In the photos, I have swiped the color on once, then twice and then went over it repeatedly about 6 times... That's all the color you're going to get folks. So if that's what you want this could be for you!
review image review image
on September 5, 2013
I honestly love this, out of all my lip balms.
It has a very soft finished after it's applied, and it has a nice smell. This version does have a bit of sparkle in it, but not much.
Keep in mind, it doesn't heal chapped lips. (This may be obvious, but it wasn't to me.)
It does leave my lips feeling soft and smooth, though.
on June 21, 2012
I was a Burt's addict, until this stuff came along. I am very particular about what products I use, and I will spend the money to get the results I want. It's worth it to spend a couple more dollars to be truly satisfied with a quality product. After using this for a week, it does what it claims. My lips are much softer. The flavor/scent is not overpowering at all. I hope they never discontinue this product, it will be difficult to find a match.
on April 22, 2014
I purchased a few of these after hearing all the hype. I don't really get chapped lips often, but liked the idea of a bit of color in a balm form.

Within 20 minutes of using, my lips were REALLY REALLY dry! I looked in the mirror to see the worst flakey lips I have ever had.
It took over a week to get my lips back to normal.

These are just novelty items. When I was younger, all the girls collected and traded Lipsmackers chapsticks. That is basically what baby lips is, a novelty product in bright packaging, marketed to young women. I will take lip smackers over these anyday, at least those smelled and tasted good!
on July 1, 2015
(This review is for Pink Punch but I have several other colours and the formula is the same.) This lipbalm is decent. It has a lovely colour if you really are generous with your application --just one swipe on your lips and you'll barely get any colour payoff. The colour is more purpley in certain lighting and not even and easily comes off, but the balm is good and the packaging cute!
The photo is taken of the same application in different lighting. Of course, it also depends on the colour of your natural lips because this tinted lip balm is exactly that--a tint. It isn't opaque.
review image
on January 11, 2012
This lip balm is awesome! It lasts for a good amount of time it it just the right amount of color. Since I have dark lips I got this color and it looks so good! I wouldn't say that it is as pigmented as a lipstick but it gives color that you would be able to notice. Also, this lip balm is very moisturizing and even when you take it off your lips feel really soft. I hope this helps!