Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on September 2, 2012
I purchased this product from Bed Bath & Beyond, and it has performed well, lasted almost a full year, and the shower-door suction cup has remained fixed without falling off, not even once in that entire year. It's a great product, and I highly recommend it.

However...

This product has a shelf life. What I mean by that, is that eventually the metallic "plating" that they put over the top of the aluminum handle will begin to flake off, chip off, and fall off of the metal underneath. The metal underneath is a pretty porous, rough metallic aluminum.

It's not pretty at all, and it's very tough to clean. Instead of the shower humidity and mold/mildew being evacuated by the squeegee, it now sticks to the rough, non-smooth aluminum handle and scraper instead.

It will work great, the locking mechanism is solid, the suction cup is strong and durable, but the thin "plating" over the top of the squeegee will eventually degrade, chip off and fall off. There's not much you can do about that, unfortunately.
22 comments| 71 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 21, 2012
this squeegee is great for cleaning glass. it leaves it streak free which is something i was not sure it would do. i previously purchased two other squeegees from amazon that were not great, but this one left no marks behind after using it. the rubber end is great to adjust to whichever way you clean your glass. the handle also folds down to be parallel to the actual squeegee which is a plus when storing it on the provided suction cup. i tend to knock over the squeegee in the shower sometimes so i will see how it holds up. so far i love it and is a great buy if you're looking for a new shower glass cleaner. i wish the rubber part were replaceable. it may be, but i don't think so.

**update**
it has been four months since i have purchased this squeegee and it has become a little loose at the handle. i never close it to its alternate position, but it is a bit more wobbly now than i would like. still not a bad purchase though. cleans well.
on March 30, 2013
I did not like this product because it jiggles at the joint where it folds. I did not think it did a stellar job of squeegeeing. I sent it back.
on October 31, 2013
I spent quite a bit of money over the last few years on shower Squeegees. They are either too small or too big, don't clean well or stop working altogether. This one is perfect, cleans without streaks and the hook it comes with is the only hook with a suction thingy that does not slide or fall off every five minutes. When I first got it I couldn't stop talking about how awesome the new shower squeegee is - still love it months later.
on September 10, 2014
Good quality item - feels well-built and solid, and include a suction cup hook. Would recommend!
on March 15, 2013
I wanted a higher quality, better looking product than the OXO generic and this is better looking for sure. But, it's not so much better looking to justify the price differential and, finctionally, it performs no better if that.
on February 10, 2014
Bought for our shower and it works well. The blade is substantial and the stainless very nice and sturdy. Because it is extra sturdy it is quite heavy. Not sure if I really need it to fold up, but it does.
on June 1, 2013
This is very attractive for what it is. It does the job well, too. My only issue with it is that it is impossible to hang in the tile shower. Who wants to hang it on the glass door? So in the end we have to prop it up in the shower, which just looks bad.
on October 4, 2014
This product looks nice, and the folding design is space efficient, but it broke after several months of easy use. The product name says that it is die cast zinc. The descriptions says parts are anodized aluminum. I assume this is true. But, what is not mentioned is that some parts of it are also silver-colored plastic. It is one of the plastic parts that broke. I would say that not only is the description misleading, but the build quality is inadequate for something this expensive relative to similar products.
on November 24, 2013
I came across this squeegee at a rental house, and have used it in the shower during my visits there. It is well-made, has some heft to it, and the squeegee is decently firm but soft, which makes it possible to clean glass in one sweep. I liked it so much I bought two for showers in my own home. The suction cup sticks quite well to a clean glass surface, but like all suction cups you have to periodically press the suction cup so that it doesn't fall off eventually; I do this once a month--no problem. Also, I like that the handle folds in either direction at the press of a button, making the squeegee a little less unwieldy for hanging in the shower.