Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: LeapFrog App Center $20 Digital Download Card
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Adele Fire TV Stick Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro STEM

Product Packaging: Standard Package|Change

on November 30, 2011
This is a great way to buy in bulk and save for rainy days or other special holidays/birthdays to add new things to your leapster explorer or leappad! WAIT FOR SALES they always have sales! You shouldn't have to pay retail for this product. I can't believe I just got 2 more for twelve dollars and twenty five cents just now!Wow! Great deal!
I have been waiting over a week to receive some I ordered though, which is getting annoying. So the great price and deal comes with patience I guess.
It would be nice if after you paid they just emailed you your codes instead of actually having to ship them. That is dumb and a waste of paper products for just a number. But still, if you get a deal, it is definately worth saving almost half price to add more apps to your devices! ;)
I wish the apps would come down in price a bit...if leapfrog is going to sell $20 cards..but then charges $7.50 as their cheapest item..you really need at least 2 cards to be able to get all you want. Why not lower the price of the apps or make the cards $25?? Whats with the fifty cents?!
22 comments|78 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon November 12, 2011
I've picked these up at $16 and $17.25. Needless to say, it's a great deal since the retail value is $20.

This is pretty much the only way I purchase items for our daughter's Leapfrog.

Just add these to your cart and wait till they go under $20 and then purchase a few.
1010 comments|67 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 8, 2013
While I appreciate saving $5+ on a card (add to your cart & watch the price) I don't appreciate all the packaging. Seems a little crazy when the code could just be emailed!
review image
on December 2, 2011
I have purchased 4 of these cards and paid $11, 13.99, and 2 for $12.89 each. Great deal! You really need these cards if you have the LeapPad! Loading them is super easy. You just connect the USB cord to your LeapPad and computer and there's a place to 'redeem code'. You enter the code that comes inside the box on a credit card sized card and you'll then have an account balance you can use to purchase various apps/games/ebooks that download right to the LeapPad.
33 comments|38 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 7, 2013
I'll start by saying we have owned 3 LeapPads for over two years and my children of various ages (5-12) still play them. It's been a great investment. Since we have three units, I prefer to buy the games through the Ap Center online since for one purchase they can all have the game downloaded to their unit. When you pick up a game with a cartridge version (like at a retail store) first you must keep track of this small green piece and second only one person can play it at a time. Purchased from the Ap Center, it's equivalent to me purchasing three cartridges.
Often I get these here on Amazon for $14.99. You can watch the price fluctuate by placing in your cart. You'll be notified as the price goes up or down.
Frequently the Ap Center will have sales and discounts running as well that can be combined with these download card; sometimes it's as good as buy two get one free.
All these tips together make for a very reasonable electronic game option for those with multiple children playing;) Hope this helps!!!
on December 19, 2011
Just a heads up that although the description states these cards can be shipped to other select countries it is really only good if you live in the US. So now my niece in Canada has a 20.00 app card thats of no use.
77 comments|38 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon October 3, 2011
This is great to give as a gift and I like that I don't have to put my credit card on-line, I can just have this card loaded.
on August 19, 2012
Leappad comes with some apps, and will let you download one as a gift, but you will need another set of valuable applications. For example a bought 3, a video, logic game, and an app and my kid just love it!!.
on November 3, 2011
You will definitely want to have a few of this cards under your sleeve. There are tons of games in LeapFrog.com to download and the kids enjoy them. The best thing is that you don't need the cartridges which can get lost "we are still looking for Dora's". Also, now you can download games to your Leap Pad. And 2MB of storage is good!
on December 20, 2013
I keep this in my cart at all times and then watch the price fluctuate until it's between 12 and 14 dollars (I believe I even saw it listed once for 10). I then buy a couple and use them in conjunction with the Leapfrog App sales that they run every so often. That way, I'm able to save 30-40% off of apps on the site, plus an additional 30-40% off by using the download card credit. The apps on Leapfrog are way overpriced (compared to iPad apps) and I refuse to buy them unless they are highly reduced. Both of my kids love playing and learning with their Leappads, so I don't mind spending money on the games, but this method makes me feel better about my purchases.