Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Adele Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Color: Marvel Heroes|Change
Price:$16.50 - $29.95

on February 25, 2011
There are a number of potty seats listed on Amazon with identical construction but different designs. You'll find that the ones with designs more geared toward girls (Dora, etc...) have slightly higher ratings than the ones geared toward boys (Thomas the Tank Engine, etc...). There is a definite reason for this: the design is no good for boys. The pee-pee guard in front isn't high enough to provide any containment at all. It probably wouldn't be appropriate to provide pictures, but you get the idea.
But the ratings for all of them are pretty low, probably because the seat isn't very stable, especially, as another reviewer mentioned, if you have even a slightly elongated toilet seat. This seat slides back and forth a lot.
on January 25, 2013
bought this as a replacement for my son's first potty seat, this one is much better. not as padded, which means it won't rip open and harbor a bunch of bacteria. my son's old one used to collect urine underneat of it in the plastic part, this one doesn't at all, it's perfect
on September 8, 2012
As has been exhaustively described by reviews here, the splash cup is very poorly designed on these Ginsey potty seats.

But my bigger complaint is how easily the seat moves around on the toilet. Yesterday, my three year old sat down for his nightly potty. He leaned forward, as we have taught him to do precisely to avoid peeing over the poorly designed splash guard. The seat actually flipped forward on top of the toilet-- think of a manhole cover flipping in a looney tunes cartoon, and dumped my son on the floor. He face planted head first into the ground. The whole thing happened in about 1.5 second.

Luckily, we had a bathroom rug, albeit a thin one, so he got away with only a swollen upper lip (and probably the worst crying bout he has had in about a year). So yea, I wholeheartedly do NOT recommend the Ginsey potty seat, unless potty training is progressing too easily for you.
on March 16, 2011
We had a seat SORT OF like this when my son was training - and lost it. Not sure if it was the same manufacturer or not. It had no handles then, and the pee guard stood up high and was removable. We never used the pee guard, it made it harder to get on the seat and it just wasn't needed - we just taught my son to point it down.

Now I am training twin girls and thinking Elmo might get one of them on the potty more (one shows way more interest than the other - it's the reluctant one I want to bribe) We have little potties with inserts that come off but most parents know the power of Elmo - I'm willing to try anything at this point, within reason. (ie the all-out free standing elmo potty is too much, LOL, and I want to take advantage of the fact that both are willing to use the big potty with an insert)

The reviews about the pee guard on this were so puzzling I had to see it in person before buying it - and it looks TERRIBLE. It's a very low pee guard. Basically too low to serve any purpose for a boy, but it's there, and it's high enough that boy or girl I can see them peeing on it and making more of a mess than if it wasn't there. (One of my girls likes to look down and kind of shift her stuff forward as she pees - not normally a problem, but with this in the way, it would be) And it does not come off. I actually stood there in the store contemplating if we could cut it out somehow, maybe with a dremmel, but you shouldn't have to make modifications to a potty ring. It's one of the worst designs I can imagine. It's like I can kind of see what they were thinking but they should have thought harder. So I decided to skip this. Even if we were to have marginal success with it, I am pregnant with another boy now, and I refuse to buy something I know he won't be able to use.

I am really kicking myself for not replacing my son's potty ring when we lost it, but he was doing well enough without it and I never saw it becoming a hard to find item. No handles made it easier to travel with. We kept it in our diaper bag. Now I am in the market for a used potty ring!
on April 23, 2014
I was a little hesitant to purchase this because of all of the negative reviews, but, I love it!!! My son is 2.5yrs old and we have one that has the built in splash guard and it gets in the way, it doesn't leave a big enough "hole" for him to "do his thing," so I got this one and did away with the removable splash guard and it is fabulous!! I will probably be purchasing another, not to mention, he loves the marvel heroes!! BTW, I don't even see the purpose of the splash guard unless you just have them sit there and not hold "it" down, my son pushes down when he goes making the splash guard pointless, it actually just gets in the way, so not having one is much better for us, like I said, it makes for more room for him.
on January 25, 2013
This is pretty much what is described but the picture is not exactly what came. The picture has the same characters but there are only one of each on what we received. Also a slight catch is that there is enough room for "content" to get between the plastic ring and the upper pad, probably more of an issue for boys.

However overall its what we were looking for and my son has no complaints (except that he sometimes has a problem sitting on the hulk).
on October 12, 2013
I have a boy, so the little guard cup was useful until my son learned to pull it out. After sitting on the toilets for chunks of time (waiting :) he got bored so he would pull this out — not very helpful! I wish it was permanently attached to the seat. Other than that it's fantastic, soft, stable, easy to sit on and clean.
on January 30, 2011
The lid that is intended to keep the urine inside does nothing, it actually makes it worse. This makes it very difficult to use, my son feels so uncomfortable that he tries to get further back and retains his urine not to splash, how good is this???....
on September 14, 2010
We bought this because my son loves Elmo. Unfortunately, he now refuses to sit on it because it slips around on our elongated toilet seat. It is completely unstable. He won't admit it, but he's afraid of it. So, now he won't go on the big potty and is back to his Baby Bjorn potty chair. I'm going to buy something else.
on December 2, 2011
I bought this in the hopes that my boy would want to go potty on it and it's working pretty well. Yeah the little cup to deflect the pee isn't the greatest but he'll push "jimmy" down when I ask him to. We haven't had any trouble with it shifting while he's sitting on it so I would recommend overall.

See 1 answered question