Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Brett Dennen Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation SnS

Platform: Xbox 360|Change

on October 25, 2011
We received a preview copy of Disney's Universe for the Xbox 360. I played the game with my eight year-old son and it was a blast. It reminded me a lot of Super Mario titles with cooperative play and coin collecting. The costumes were very cute and the levels, all based on Disney films, were inventive and charming. The co-op play was a little frenetic and we had to really cooperate in order to defeat the enemies, solve the puzzles and keep grabbing coins. I asked my son to write this review. These are his words;, I only typed them.

You're supposed to defeat levels and get costumes. It is really fun. I liked the TRON suit the best. You are supposed to do the objectives. They pop up on the screen so you know what to do. You had to build cannons in some levels and move the fire around. For instance, you use the cannon to shoot the bridge pieces and make them fall down so you can go across. When you do all the objectives, the exit shows up and you have to go through it to win the level. You have to collect all the Mickey coins. You buy worlds and things with the Mickey coins. By the way, the worlds cost 2000 Mickey coins. You have to defeat all three levels in a world to get enough money to buy the next world.

Hint: Always use keys to open the chest. A star pops out which levels up your character and your weapon.

I think that kids that like to play video games will like this game. Disney Universe is like Super Mario Galaxy and Super Mario Galaxy 2. I played the Pirates of the Caribbean level, Monsters INC, Wall-E levels. I can't wait to play more.
on December 9, 2011
We have a 9 year old girl and 6 year old boy, and we enjoy gaming in our family. We have iPod touches, Nintendo DS's and an Xbox 360 with Kinect. A good family friendly video game in general can sometimes be difficult to find but this one is pretty solid.

There are six worlds which include Alice in Wonderland, Lion King, Pirates of the Caribbean, Monsters Inc, Alladin, and Wall-E. Each world has three levels with enemies to defeat, coins to collect and puzzles to figure out. The play is actually quite similar to the Lego series but much easier since the game gives you the objectives as well as hints. For difficulty comparison, my husband and I get called for help on various Lego stages but my kids had no problems figuring out how to pass each level and eventually beating Disney Universe on their own.

1 to 4 players can play which is a nice option. There is also a mini game within each level where you compete with the other players. Of course, the best feature is the ability to unlock a huge variety of costumes for your character from all of the worlds as well as other notable Disney names such as Mickey, Nemo and Tron. There is also downloadable content available for additional costumes and levels.

Overall, the game is a whole lot of fun for kids. Mine were cracking up the entire time.
on November 3, 2011
Well, to begin this review, I must allow you to know that I am a disney fanatic that is in college. So this review may be a bit biased, but I'll try to avoid this.

I began by playing the pirates of the caribbean stage which is unlocked from the get-go. If you are playing this title by yourself, you may get bored. But, when you play with 1-3 more people, it gets very interactive. Each world has three levels, and there are things to collect in each level. Most collectibles that you snag in levels will be unlocking concept art, which I was not too interested in.

There are characters to unlock in each world. Each world holds 6 characters. By beating the world once, you will get 3 of them. If you play the world again you will get the remaining three.

So far, my favorite character is hercules, which I earned by preordering this title.

Pros:
Excellent with other people
Unlocking characters will cause you to keep playing
Great background
Minigames were creative

Cons:
Levels can get tedious
Pretty Easy
After unlocking character, you have to pay for them using coins you gathered in worlds

- The most fun in this game came from unlocking characters and throwing teammates off edge.

I'm overall pleased with this game!
on November 11, 2011
I bought this game specifically so I could have a game that my daughter (7) and I could play together.

The game is somewhat easy, but the puzzles do make it difficult for a child to play by themselves, unless they spend a lot of time playing games.

If you are buying this for a child 8 or under, I would suggest having an adult play with them. If the child is good at games, and likes the disney characters than you may be able to go a bit younger.

One feature that is great is being able to unlock new characters, plus you get three for free from ordering from Amazon.com :)
on December 31, 2011
I love games they can play together and so do they. No taking turns, both players are on the screen at the same time tackling the bad guys. Great animations and game play, typical Disney flare and lots of fun.
TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon December 10, 2013
I got this game since my 10 year old loves the various Disney movies, and we've been big fans of Little Big Planet, which this seems to be a real rip-off of.

The graphics are decent, and they really do seem like LBP characters in many respects.

The gameplay itself is simple enough for little kids to play, but it does get repetitive after a while. That's offset by the variety of actions you can do while running around.

For the price it was alright, since I got it on sale, but it's not going to be one of the games that have a lot of replay value.
on January 20, 2012
This is an extremely fun multiplayer game. I love how creative the costumes are, and the levels. There are different themed worlds, and each world has three levels. You must go through each level at least twice to unlock all the costumes. In each level there are power ups, good and bad, to watch out for to help you or slow you down. Also in each level there are level-up stars to find for your costumes. The game can become very repetative with doing the levels over and over again to level up all your costumes.

There are more different themed costumes then there are levels. For example there are Tron costumes, Jungle Book costumes, and a Minnie and Mickey costume but no themed world or level for them.

I have had no problems with glitching until I downloaded the Nightmare Before Christmas world from the marketplace.

The game can play up to 4 players at once, but it can get confusing who is where. I usually played just co-op which was really helpful in defeating all the bad guys who just come flooding in heards.
on June 12, 2014
This game is great for our 5 year olds, it is a bit too hard for our 4 year old still. It is also challenging enough for the adult players. I recomend this game for budding gamers and letting them figure out the puzzles as you go, we found that they are suprisingly good at figuring out multi step puzzles.

The one downside is that there are quite a few jumping deaths, this is good in that it give a consequence for not completing the move but it can get quite frustrating. A lot of my frustration with the jumping deaths in this game is that they are not really related to the problem solving, but more a test of dexterity on moving from one area to the next. I think if it was not for the jumping deaths this would also be a fun game for four year olds, maybe a mode where you can turn off the need to jump.
on November 20, 2013
It is hard to find games for kids on the XBOX and I have been trying various games to see what my kids like.

My kids like to play games where more than one person can play. They play a lot of the lego games, but that is often limited to 2 people. I tried this game for them because it can be played by up to 4 people and they seemed to like the demo. After having it for a while, I think it was a good purchase. They immediately liked the game and played it for a while. I liked it as well and played it with them. It is pretty easy for me, but can be a little difficult for them at times - although they usually figure it out. None of us are big gamers.

One of the things I liked is how the different levels are totally different Disney movies. That keeps it a little more interesting as you go through it and the kids can relate to all of them having seen all the movies. We have not finished the game but have unlocked most of the movie levels - The kids did much of this on their own, so I am not sure how much more is left and how much replay value there will be, but we have had fun so far.

The only reason I do not give it 5 stars is because they really do not gravitate towards this game. To be fair we limit the amount of time they can play so they don't get a lot of time to try the newer games, but when they do play they will usually go back to the lego or minecraft games. When I suggest this game they often say yeah and will play and have fun. However, of their own choosing, they will go to lego or minecraft most of the time. I also think that this one is not fun enough for me to play it on my own, whereas I will play the lego games sometimes after a session with one of the kids.
on January 23, 2012
It's intended for children, or parents that want a little fun time with their kids. The game gets repetitive fast, but children don't seem to have an issue with it, and its short. It features costumes for your avatar from many Disney movies, each costume with its own level progression and bludgeoning tool. All in all its a game for simple fun for the family.