Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: uDraw Game tablet with uDraw Studio: Instant Artist - Playstation 3
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

Platform: PlayStation 3|Change

on January 12, 2012
The Udraw Tablet (I only have the PS3 version) Is a great little tool for sketching and playing around with drawing. It also comes with some pretty fun (and challenging) mini games utilizing the features of the Udraw. Within The first hour I found I enjoyed the experience of using it and was having a lot of fun, but I have a few notes for anyone that really wants to sketch with it.

Things I really liked:
- It works well after you get the hang of it and it looks like they really had some fun with the variety of things you can do.
- The mini games were actually challenging; they use the motion sensitivity, tilting the tablet, and the stylus itself.
- The paint program has all the tools you need to actually paint a picture(!), pressure sensitivity, different brushes, a gradient color palette, custom color sets you can save and different background surfaces.
- multi-touch for pan and zoom

Quirky things:
- Its not really a tablet, not in the standard sense most people are used to. Its a touch pad, you can move it with your finger ( which is kinda nice at times depending on how you use it), and it has an attached button stylus. Its easy to use, you just put the stylus to the surface and draw. The trick is how the button works; when you first press down it clicks the button. After the button clicks the pressure sensitivity kicks in and you can use the drawing styles types (opacity, brush size) by varying how hard you press down. Its disappointing that its not a real tablet, but the core functionality is all there and very usable.
- Two buttons on the udraw aren't used while painting and could be used for common swaps: color A and B, or Paint and eraser or paint tool and eyedropper. It would be great to see an update that added a way to set things to these two unused buttons

The only thing I didn't like:
- The surface responds to being touched, even when the pen is in use. Don't rest your hand on it or the drawing surface moves around responding to the multi-touch of the pen and your palm.
on December 13, 2011
For $50 you are getting a lot of value. There are quite a few activities to keep a youngster busy. They can create, share, paint, print, make cards, etc. There are also other games that work well with this tablet, one which is a lot of fun is uDraw Pictionary. Good value for the price. Even more fun with uDraw Pictionary.
on June 13, 2012
It's too bad this was discontinued. Buy it while you can. I can't wait until my 2 year old and 11 month old are a little older so they can use it but it's very well done and the included Instant Artist software is loaded with features! It even has games you can play by using the motion sensor in the tablet and tilting it to roll a paint ball. You can do this to paint for fun if you want. You can also roll the ball through a maze. It's very creative! There is also some game where you need to squash aliens or something like that - no joke.

Oh, yeah, it's for art...well it has that covered. It has tons of pictures to color and all kinds of coloring tools. Pictures are grouped into lots of categories. You really need to look around in all the different sections (like Art Camp) to find everything.

The only thing really missing is you can't save the pictures to your PS3. You can have it upload them to a you draw web site and you can get them from there but that's just a pain. Besides that this paint software is a very complete beginners tool! I can't wait to see what my kids do with it!

With the prices the way they are now you should really buy this and Pictionary now while you can!!!
on January 12, 2015
I bought this as a gift for my daughter. She loved it because she loves to draw. I suggest you buy the games that come with it because they get bored with just the drawing after a while. It's very durable. I know this because my daughter dropped it out of her bedroom window onto concrete, it's fallen down a flight of stairs several times and it still works perfectly. Definitely one of the more longer lasting electronic purchases I've made for the kids. :) It's fairly easy to set up. I had to go online to figure mine out because there were no instructions on the inside. Which was annoying because I ended up going through 500 different comment sites before I figured out how to work it. It's really neat and my daughter loves it. I highly recommend it! :)
on September 10, 2013
If you like coloring and art and want to do it on your tv, then here's the game for you. It's a nice way to relax - like I said just a casual game.
There's an art studio to create whatever you want. Basic templates to help you and even a list of ideas to help get you started. As well as some basic art lessons to go over. There is a coloring book with a decent amount of pictures. A paint-by-numbers section and a few different games.
The major cons are that the tablet can lose it's signal pretty easily and the saving can be annoying since it seems delayed and won't let you do anything until it has finished.
Overall it's good enough. Definitely would be something enjoyable for kids (though if they're wanting to get all the trophies, some of the games can be a bit annoying). If you just want to kill some time digitally coloring, then this one's for you.
on February 4, 2013
This was one of those gifts that I took a chance on.

My son is very artistic and gifted in that sense. I didn't know if he'd appreciate a game tool like this for the PS3 but he took to it like a fish to water. He plays with this weekly and does some pretty creative things with it. Pairing it with the Super Hero Squad game that I bought separately was a good move on my part. It's a nice change of pace from the usually violently themed games that one normally finds for this system.

I'd recommend this to anyone with a child that enjoys being artistically creative to give them another medium to express the artistic ability within.
on October 7, 2015
I was afraid this wouldn't work properly but I was wrong and my little cousin loves learning to draw with it. I just wish they made more games for it but I still don't regret purchasing this and would again as a gift especially for a kid who likes learning to draw and game. Best if both worlds :)
on September 7, 2013
The udraw tablet is fun for art. It is much easier than trying to draw things on the PC with a mouse. And it gives you a wide range of art tools, such as acrylic and chalk. There is plenty of customization options, such as being able to adjust color palettes.

The pad itself is rather wonky, though, and takes time to get used to. I was surprised at how hard I have to press down before it registers. It tires the hand quickly. Also, it can be difficult to get the pen to register at all unless it is entirely vertical. Once you get used to this, however, drawing becomes easy enough. The biggest problem, however, is that the official website now seems to be shut down. Meaning you can't download your pictures. This severely limits the usefulness.

The saving grace now, however, is that there is a program you can download to use the udraw on your PC. You can download the program and then use the udraw to draw in programs like MS paint or Adobe flash. This is very useful as it is much easier than drawing with a mouse. And it is much cheaper than buying a professional art pad.
on January 16, 2013
When I first got this for $12, I thought I should try the game at least before I leave it in my shelf to collect dust. And to be honest, it's a really cool game for kids who want to draw stuff or beginning artist to pick up without the messy paint (although it's not really a recommended substitute).

But, for those interested in the modding scene, someone created drivers for the uDraw tablet so you can plug it into your PC and actually use it as PC tablet. Just YouTube "Use PS3 uDraw Tablet as PC Mouse/Tablet" and it should be the first video. Granted, it's not as well as the other actual PC tablets on the market, but it's a cheap alternative and it suits my needs.

Good purchase.
on March 25, 2015
THQ is the manufacturer and they no longer are in business. But the price is for this end-of-life product supports that. Great for kids and light party entertainment.
Can be used for PC as a cheap drawing tablet alternative!