Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Stuhrling Original Men's 107EM.334531 Classic Delphi Rose-tone Automatic Skeleton Watch Gift Set
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

VINE VOICEon September 28, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
The Stuhrling Classic Delphi Omega Rose Gold Watch is very attractively designed. The skeleton watch features cut-aways that allow you or admirers to see the workings inside the watch. The back also features a glass face to see through the timepiece. The display is very-easily readable -- in part, because the thing is enormous! It looks big in the product photos, but they don't do justice...

This thing is big. I mean, really big. It looks like something proportioned for Sean Bradley or Andre the Giant. It's so big, it Has It's Own Gravitational Field! Have you seen the Irish Springs soap commercial? Imagine the guy saying, "Look at your watch. Now, look at mine. Again, look at yours, now at mine. Your watch looks like a microscopic miniature next to my Sturhling..." The diameter of the watch is a full 1 and 3/4 inches across its equator, about 150% the size a man might be accustomed to wearing on a wrist. No need for exercise weights when you have a Sturling on one wrist. Don't even need to shift the weight, merely compensating for the unequal distribution will give you the desired workout.

But don't let the size discourage you. I thought, it actually works for the proportions of a pocket watch. I mounted mine on a belt fob, and it displays handsomely that way. Several people have commented on it's intricate design. If I manage to upload a customer photo, you'll be able to see that it makes a nice setting. It really is a cool watch.
review image
on December 4, 2011
I am a watch enthusiast. I however consider it silly to spend thousands of dollars for one because as you know, most of what one is buying is elusive prestige. Let's face it, a $40 Timex quartz or Seiko watch works better than self winding watches so why else would anyone buy a $2000 watch except to buy something else besides a timepiece. However the beauty and nostalgia of these see through skeleton watches are a delight and the workmanship can be appreciated. With this Stuhrling watch one has the best of both worlds. It has the beauty and workmanship of a geared watch, at a price which I don't quite understand where the profit is. A Swiss watch like this costs thousands of dollars (Looks for Revue Thommen watches) My watch works great, I have had it for 1 month now. I shower with it sometimes, it has been in the sand at the beach and it is still beautiful. I have a small wrist so I bought the "woman's" size. There is a small problem however, in that it looks like an expensive watch and one has to be afraid of being a little too show offy.
on November 23, 2011
I love watches and own at least ten. Everything from omega to well this one. I would not compare this watch to anything in the 300 dollar range and up. You can tell that the quality is just not quite there. The case is nice and so is the watch itself. I am not sold on the band either but for the price its probably one of the nicest watches I have ever bought.
on November 20, 2011
I love this watch design! The windows on the front and back highlight the movement excellently, and the strap is made from high quality leather. The craftsmanship is really phenomenal, and the aesthetic of it is fantastic.

The trade-off that you make to get it into this price bracket is that the watch itself is pretty thick, and the crystal isn't like you get on other high-end watches, it's something that Sturhling has manufactured. They say it's better and more durable and all that, but for those who look at watches as a prestige item, that might factor in.

If you're the kind of person that can look at a watch and assess it for the piece of beauty that it is, without worrying about having a Rolex or Omega logo, this is definitely a watch you want to have in your collection!
on March 26, 2012
I had this watch for roughly two months when I noticed a screw had come loose. I am amazed that the quality is so poor it only works for two months. When I contacted Stürling Original about this I got a rude reply and they demand I pay $20!!! for them to fix it. Their excuse is that shipping is not covered by their warranty. Since when is the shipping of a watch as much as $20 (from Virginia to New York)??
Compared to the insides of the watch falling apart it feels stupid to mention that the wrist band is also starting to fall apart on the watch. This is not a watch you can ware every day and when you ware it you never need to look at it since the watch doesn't work.

I will try and post pictures for you to see so that you know what poor quality this is.
I feel so sad that this watch is so bad and that the company treats its customers this way because the watch is beautiful.
review image review image
on December 24, 2011
I bought it as a gift - it looks like a legitimately expensive watch. The attention to detail is fantastic - it is really, really impressive. I can't speak to comments that the movement isn't the most accurate, but I know it's a Seagull from China - and though it's not like something COSC, they're decent - and great value. All in all, you are definitely getting your money's worth on this.
on November 11, 2011
Recently my Fossil Skeleton Automatic that I've been wearing almost everyday for the past four and a half years stopped working. So I sent it off to get repaired and started shopping for another automatic to wear in the interim.

I am not a "watch aficionado" but I am a "watch guy" as I have never stopped wearing watches despite having the time displayed all around me(ie cellphone, computer, car stereo, etc.). I had been looking around for something attractive, inexpensive and durable and came across Stuhrling watches while on Amazon. I've never really heard of Stuhrling and a brief internet search turned up love it/hate it reviews. So I kept looking.

I paid a little over $100 for my Fossil when I purchased it 4.5 years ago and was surprised to find that their watches come with an 11 year warranty. I only had to cover the shipping costs to get it repaired. I was looking to spend about the same for a new watch when I noticed the Stuhrling Classic Delphi Omega as a Gold Box Deal for only $60. I was still wary of the quality of the watches because of some of the reviews I've read but I thought I'd just return it if it didn't meet my expectations.

Well I've been wearing the watch for the past couple days and I'm quite impressed. Immediately upon opening the box I was struck by the aesthetic quality of it. The photos online don't do it justice. It is a big watch but my Fossil was also very large due to it too being an automatic. Despite it's size it isn't overly heavy. The leather bands help cut down on the overall weight. The fit and finish seem to be very good. I swapped out the black band that it arrived with for the brown band that were in the box because I think the brown complements the rose gold tone better. I set the time and wound the watch for several seconds to get it started and it has been keeping accurate time since. For $60 this watch is a real bargain. The one concern I have is that the watch only comes with a 2 year warranty. If Fossil can stand behind their products for 11 years I would expect Stuhrling to have at least a 10 year warranty. I will update this review once I get some more hours on the watch but for now I'm very happy with my purchase.
on January 2, 2012
the detaching lever of watchband doesn't work. so I can't replace the band with brown one

and the movement is not precise at all. It cannot even stand a day

this is not a watch.... I'd rather draw a watch with my pan on my wrist than buying this one, that one would be more precise than this one.
on November 6, 2011
This watch is sick. Got it onsale for 59.99. what a steal. If you see these on sale buy 1 2 maybe 3, great gift ideas, looks slick especially the rosetone. It is not a girly color and only a man can rock the rosetone color. The skeleton look on the face of the clock will have people staring at your watch especially because the face is big too. the band could be better quality but overall this is a must have watch because of its unique style.
on September 23, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Before considering anything else about this watch, you have to realize it is big. B-I-G. As in HOOOGE!

Yes, the dimensions of the watch are listed above. What do they really mean? How about this: the face is the size of a silver dollar and the case is as thick as a 9-volt battery.

Why does this matter? Well, it is something that comes down to personal taste of course. But I feel the sheer size of this watch makes it difficult to wear with a cuffed shirt. It also creates a significant bulge under any garment with long sleeves that is not generously cut. For me, these two things limit the watch to casual use only. Tailored clothing, in my opinion, will not look good with this watch.

If you do like big watches, Stührling has put together a nice package. The face is easy to read and is attractively designed. The movement (note that it most likely is not Swiss-made) is visible from both front and back. Best of all, this watch does not require batteries and winds itself as one wears it. As long as the watch gets a few hours of normal wear each day, it probably won't ever need to be manually wound.

Gift-givers will appreciate the lavish packaging for a watch at this pricepoint. An orange presentation box comes protected by a glossy black outer sleeve. The box itself contains the watch with a black wristband, a second brown wristband, a polishing cloth, and extensive documentation.

Bottom line: while I think the large overall size of this watch affects where and how it can be worn, the watch is nicely designed and comes in a package that is very suitable for gift-giving. 3.5 stars (rounded down to 3 because I personally prefer a slimmer watch but anybody who digs eye-catching watches can round up to 4-stars).
review image review image review image