Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on March 21, 2012
I needed a compact CD/Blu-ray storage cabinet that made the most of a limited amount of space, and I wanted it to look at least somewhat upscale. This cabinet is exactly what I needed.

Surprisingly, there are very few wood CD cabinets available on the market anymore. Many of them are wire and just look silly. This looks like furniture, but it has the added benefit of being very space efficient.

Two important notes about this product:
(1) [EDIT:] It is espresso-colored. Amazon originally showed the wrong color in the product picture on this page, specifically the color of Atlantic 74735728 Oskar 261 Media Tower P2
(2) While this cabinet requires a significant amount of assembly, the parts and hardware are all labeled with stickers, to make it very easy to identify what parts the pictogram instructions are referring to. I've never seen this in build-it-yourself furniture, so I was very impressed. You'll need a screwdriver and hammer though...

Overall, extremely pleased - I stored well over 100 CDs and about 40 movies/games in this cabinet, and fit it behind my TV - amazing.
review image
99 comments| 193 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 14, 2012
This is a great stand for my Bluray collection.It was easy to build,ofcourse with my wife's help lol.
it's not too big or small.It is perfect and cute.You can adjust the shelves according to your needs.Color is nice.stands well.Has good balance.
This is it for games,dvd's,Blurays or even for decoration with little things on the shelf.
Thanks!
10/10
review image review image
0Comment| 115 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 9, 2014
If you are looking for inexpensive DVD, Blu-ray and/or CD storage, this is it!

I bought two of these for my growing Blu-ray and existing DVD collection and have them on either side of a similarly colored desk in my home office.

Pros:
- Excellent pricing
- Easy setup/assembly
- 6 Adjustable shelves
- 2 Fixed shelves
- Compact (fits in a variety of places, either together or separate)

Cons:
- Shelves were designed for maximum use by CD cases, not Blu-ray or DVD (even less so for DVDs)
- Excess particle board splintering inside locking cam-bolts(?)
- Instability while putting together can lead to breakage (if you're not careful)

With that, I can say that I am VERY pleased with these units. Despite some reviews stating that they fell apart or were shoddily crafted pieces of junk, I found them quite the opposite. Especially as they are laminated particle board.

As such, here is how I made sure they were as solid as could be:
- Clean out the cam bolt holes of all excess particle board splinters and mis-drilled pieces! (then blow it out with your breath or a can of compressed air to make sure no little pieces are in the holes)
- This allows the cams to fit into their holes properly, assuring a good lock on the cam, when tightened)
- Use glue!
- Specifically in the dowel holes!
- Elmer's glue or wood glue works perfectly.
- Squirt a little bit into each hole that the dowels connect into. (You'll quickly learn how much is needed after the first two) Be sure to keep a moistened washcloth handy to wipe up any extra glue!
- After putting the unit together, be sure to go back one last time and make sure the cam bolts are tight!
- When putting on the backing, the best place to do so is on a set of stairs (at the top, of course) so that the "foot" portion that keeps these units stable is not holding the rest of the unit in the air, creating a break hazard!
review image review image
on April 10, 2014
For many years now, most of my purchasing dollars have gone through Amazon. Trusted, loyal and faithful has Amazon earned those dollars. Still, I must be cost conscious. As my DVD and Blu-Ray collection has grown over the years, CD's too, we all know the value of these discs. To haphazardly keep these costly cased discs can become problematic to say the least. We cherish them and try to display them, but the few choices from limited companies can be just as costly. Most of us have found out the hard way, that some of said choices are brittle, short-term solutions. Certain ones have big price tags to boot!

Every now and then, a name brand comes along with a quality product that stands the test of time. With a relatively low price and sturdy craftsmanship. Hence the Sauder line. I have years of experience with DIY furniture from IKEA and the like. So to search this type out was a no-brainer. Here on Amazon, was a plethora of Media Storage Units of the DIY style. Some that were wall size and others that fit nooks. With the collection I posses, I required 2 small spacial spots with tower strength. Keeping in mind that SOME things just needed to be seen before purchasing. I read every review from each style Media Storage Unit. Compiled my notes and needed a decision, but wanted eyes on something tangible first.

Many consistencies within most reviews spoke of disproportionate size in actuality vs pictorial on the site. This was a serious point of contention for me. Size is my most crucial interest! I chose to go on the hunt. With notes hand and pics from Amazon, I searched. Many outlet stores offered little. The big box chains had their own brands they partnered with. I suggest you avoid Target like the Plague! The Units they offer were nothing more than a bridge-work-like thing. Horrible.

I walked into Walmart. Wow! I found this very make and model number! I had eyes on it, compared actual size, dimensions and weight. No fears of "crushed boxes in shipping" or "damaged product" via postal carrier. Better yet, there were 5 of these Storage Units available for me to pick from. I took the two I wanted. Figuring the cost in mind prior to the find, I was astonished when I saw the price label. $25 each! With tax, $28! Considering that the posted price here on Amazon is presently $50, my 2 Sauder Media Units cost me just over the price of only ONE here.

Don't get me wrong. I love Amazon and intend to continue to do plenty of business with them in the future. But I must consider keeping as much of my dollars in my wallet as possible. These babies were so simple to assemble. My 12 year old son helped me. He loves these kind of things. Together, it took us just under 1 hour to complete both Units. Fair to several reviewers, some of the shelves were a tight fit. Not enough to be hammered, but they did require a heavy handed blow to get in place.

To date, I have filled both Units from bottom to top, they stood well on BOTH hardwood floors AND carpets. Packaged with the parts items, is an "L" shaped bracket for bolting into the back of the Unit and a wall for a solid support in case one wants a more secure support for the Unit. While I experienced NO tipping or wobbling from either of my filled Units on the hardwood floor OR carpet, some have suggested they did. That "L" bracket is the perfect resolve for that problem. As well, I have not experienced any chipping or splitting of the pressed particle board the Unit is comprised of. I believe that problem is occurring from either manufacturing or improper customer construction. These Media Units, like most all other furniture products, IKEA or lesser quality, is a simple cut of pressed particle board. It needs to be handled with a light but firm touch. If this is done, most chipping and cracking can be avoided.

The cams and covers were easy enough to work with. Maybe a bit cumbersome, but no big deal. The pins and rubber sleeves worked in favor, but again, as the shelves were already a tight fit, the pins might not have been necessary. I filled each Media Unit with 160 Blu-Rays & DVD's. Each Unit holds 40 CD's. More than likely I will need a third Unit for my remaining and growing collection of movies. I have a few older CD Towers, so using these new Sauder's for CD's is redundant. Being so pleased with these Units, I went back to Walmart and purchased another 3! With my overwhelming collection of Blu-Ray's & DVD's, these next 3 will surely be filled in no time at all! Two of these Media Storage Units already sit on my bedroom carpet and proven to be sturdy and well supported with the heaviest DVD's on the lowest shelves. No need to be bolted into the wall. The large base is well enough designed to give proper balance to keep the Units from tipping or wobbling. Be sure to fill the Units with the heaviest, from the bottom-to-top, and you shouldn't have any problems. Treat them right, they will treat your items the same in return!

My point is plainly this friends. I can tell you this from a proven, true source. The Sauder Multimedia Storage Tower is sturdy, durable, stands solidly on BOTH carpet AND hardwood floors. A single Unit holds over 160 Blu-Rays and at least 150 DVD's. As far as CD's, I have not utilized my Units for that purpose so I cannot say. But I am entirely confident that my extremely expensive collection of movies can be beautifully displayed now, for a very long time! Through that confidence, I can tell you this, you will not be sorry with this product! Whether you purchase this here on Amazon or in Walmart for HALF the price, you can trust your collection of choice in this well crafted Media Unit! Sufficed to say, that each of my new Units holds thousands of dollars worth of Blu-Ray's and DVD's!
Hope I have enlightened, Jus B. Cuz
66 comments| 55 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 12, 2012
i just looked at the image quick... i thought everything on the shelves were dvd size, but they are mostly CDs in the picture. you'll only get 6 rows of DVDs.

the parts that hold everything together do not lock well... or at all, really. i've put together lots of furniture with cam locks, but these just don't work. the weight of itself standing up seems to hold it together, but if you pull up on it from the middle, it will break into 3 different sections. if it tips at all, it will fall apart.

i'm keeping it... but it could have been much better.
33 comments| 67 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 27, 2012
I've bought a lot of book shelves and was pleasantly surprised when I saw how nice this DVD/CD shelf looks and by it's quality. It will hold 6 rows of 20 DVDs or 12 rows of CDs. It is wobbly which should be expected with anything that is tall and narrow but it comes with anchors to anchor it to the wall. The back is made out of three thick sheets of particle board instead of thin cardboard like all the other things I've put together. The shelf is made out of particle board instead of real wood but the colored layer is very thick so you'd have to gouge it pretty deep to see the board color. Another thing I love is that each side is made out of 3 pieces instead of one long one so it's not broke during shipping and makes the shelf quite a bit more sturdy. I give it only 4 stars because as other users mentioned the cams aren't great. It was easy to put together. I did the screwing and hammering, my 2 year old put in the dowels, my 7 year old snapped the pieces together. I'd like to buy some more for my daughters schleich animal collection.
on May 12, 2014
It was VERY simple to put together! I have quite a few Ikea pieces in my home and this is much sturdier with more parts for stability. It looks just as nice as my Ikea furniture too- matches perfectly!
on November 18, 2012
It takes a little patience to put together, and it isn't a solid wood construction but we needed to get our DVDs off the apartment floor, looks great and it is well priced. I feel like we will need to be careful when we move but by that point it may not fit our needs anymore anyways.

As long as you have reasonable expectations I think you will be happy with this purchase.
on February 21, 2015
The media cabinet is put together and looks nice - but the photo shows 8 shelves - all capable of holding a Blu-ray or DVD - that is not true. Only 5 of the shelves fit if you want to put Blu-rays on the shelves - DVD's would be even less. This is very disappointing since I searched everywhere before making this purchase. The photo is not only misleading it is just plain false advertising!

The question is - do I take it back apart and return it (I should) but what a pain.
on January 22, 2016
The item was very poorly described. In the images online it shows a tall media cabinet shelf holding 9 slots to possibly hold dvds, games or other items.but in fact it's really small considering the disruption.. In order for me to get my dvds and stuff to fit i had to eliminate 3 shelfs not to mention everything was poorly labeled!!! It was like only 1 out of 3 pieces had a identifying sticker. So i ended up installing part out of order giving a very very nasty look...
I don't recommend nor will i buy again