Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Look Park Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on April 26, 2014
Let's be honest... building the tracks is fun for grown-ups. Let's forget the kids for a moment. Buy this for you as much as them.

The fit and finish is definitely sub-par compared to the Thomas track. I'd say there's 6-8 pieces that are really tight fits. Sanding just a 1/16th off the end should fix the problem.

The pieces are shorter, (i.e. the straight track is 5 7/8" vs. 8" for the Thomas.) So if you compared this set based on linear feet and not pieces, I'm curious how it would stack up. I'm a loser so I've uploaded pictures for a direct comparison.

In the final analysis, it's fun to play with your kids but it's also fun to be somewhat mentally engaged yourself in the play (we call this "differentiation" in the education biz). This much track and this many options allows for age differentiation from years 2 to 40. I can't speak for 41.

You really need to pick-up the Orbium adapter set. It allows your track "genius" to flourish while simultaneous avoiding disaster, including the social/emotional wreckage of disappointment and failure that your children will carry with them for a lifetime. I might be overstating a bit, but it's well worth the $8.
review image review image
on April 12, 2012
The works with the Thomas track set, but Thomas has a road for cars on the other sie. This set is plain, in case you like car/train versatility. Well made otherwise.
on November 11, 2011
I just received these in today and they are going to be a Christmas present for my little boy who loves trains. I opened the box to check them out and they seem to be the same quality as any other wooden train track brand. For 100 pieces you really can't beat the price.

***UPDATE***

We've had these over a year now and they are still holding up well. In fact we've had some of the expensive Thomas brand tracks break but these are still going strong :-)
33 comments| 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 21, 2012
I got this expansion set for my 4 year old son. I was a little hesitant to order because I wasn't sure of the quality, or if they would fit with our existing track set (Melissa & Doug). They arrived super quick and there were TON of track pieces. Exactly what my little train track builder needed to make lots of cool configurations. Great quality, I can't even tell which tracks were from my original set and which were the add ons. great product for a great value!
33 comments| 31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 7, 2012
This is a big box of fun for your track-loving engineer! I brought this brand new box of track and some trains, all in a big lidded plastic bin, to my parent's small lake house in the hopes it would keep my son busy and QUIET when younger cousins needed to nap. Mission accomplished! In fact, it kept him busy while we showered & got ready, it kept him busy when the grown ups wanted to sit and chat, it kept him busy (and too absorbed to notice) when cousins took over his other toys and it kept him busy while we prepared meals. He would often break away from the heat outside to happily build another track on his own. It fit just fine with the Ikea track pieces we already had and the Thomas the Train bridge we got later. The pieces are sanded well and were an excellent option for us! Get a big storage bucket and let the kids have a blast! You won't regret this purchase!
on May 31, 2013
We purchased these to add to our wooden train track pieces. It was nice to find something that was all track and not the other junk we didn't want like buildings, trees, and ...

The only down side is that SOME, not all, the pieces only have track on one side. This means you can't flip curved pieces over to curve the other direction.
on October 25, 2012
I bought these to use with my son's Thomas wooden railway collection. Both sets fit together smoothly and are easy for my son to use together. Definitely a good buy.
on October 8, 2011
my kid loves trains and is now too creative for the original box of Melissa and Doug. These knock-offs fit the M&D tracks just fine and more than double what we can do with them.

Very happy with purchase, price and shipping.
on December 21, 2012
After looking around for track expansion sets in many places, I decedided to try this one since it had a reasonable price. I was a bit hesitant about the quality when ordering. When the package came, it seemed a bit smaller that I imagined (good packaging).

After opening the box, I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the pieces/ Also like that most of the tracks have top & bottom track for use. Other models only have the track groves in one side.

I only wish the manyfacturer would also make other packs (like T connectors) and other pieces.

Great quality at a great price!!
on July 18, 2012
Nice selection of track styles and sizes. Straights, curves, intersections, short, medium, and long. My grandchildren can build whatever configurations they can imagine. Track is well made and fits with the existing tracks perfectly.