Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on May 5, 2012
I bought this wine cooler, along with a large pitcher in the same Solena design, to use as utensil holders (I cook at lot, and so have lots of wooden spoons and silicone spatulas), and they're both simply gorgeous on my counter! They replaced two old terracotta utensil holders that had gotten stains that couldn't be removed. The Le Souk Ceramique containers are glazed and therefore are easy to clean.

The artwork is extremely well done, especially since it is all done free-hand, with no stencils, guides or anything else, and the glazing is (far) better than I've seen on some dish sets that are supposed to be (and are priced as!) high quality. And it's especially nice to know that the pieces aren't being made in some sweatshop where people are given only starvation wages, and everything is done by machine!

I'm very, VERY happy with both the pitcher and the wine cooler, have no qualms at all about recommending them.

I found this insert included in the packaging material, and think its information is important enough to include here in my review:

Le Souk Ceramique

Dear Customer,
Thank you for purchasing our ceramics. At our small studio in Tunisia, we paint each and every piece entirely free-hand. We use no decals or tracing or stencils or any machinery other than our kiln. While we aim to make a high-quality, authentically artisanal product, please understand that no piece we ever make is perfect. Only machine-made product can be "perfect" in workmanship. That said, we do perform three stages of Quality Control: Prior to loading a painted item into the kiln; after firing while unloading each piece from the kiln, and then a third time when we pack each piece to ship to you.

Additionally from overall quality, please know that no two pieces will ever be alike artistically. Each application of paint and glaze is done by hand so the density of color may vary and certainly the artwork will vary from piece to piece. But we find this to be the charm of truly hand-painted ceramics. Legally, if 99% of the piece is machine-painted, and 1% is done by hand, it can be called "hand-painted". With our ceramics, you can be assured that 100% of our artwork is done by hand.

Finally, by supporting Le Souk Ceramique, you are also supporting a small studio in North Africa. At our studio, our working conditions are excellent, we pay into Tunisian social security and medical care programs, our pay scale provides a decent, livable wage for every employee and you help keep alive a spirit of hand-crafted product in an increasingly machine-made work. Thank you for your support.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
on January 6, 2012
I got the Sabrine design and will be using it as a utensil holder. The design is very pretty in person and it's a great size. I like that it's taller than it is wide so it holds the utensils upright better(some others I've seen were very wide, utensils just kind of fall over). It was VERY securely packed, wraped in carboard + paper, a box, bubble wrap around that box, then in another box. For the price(about ten bucks for the Sabrine design), it's awesome. Looks a lot more expensive than it is, very high quality and a nice, detailed design.
on October 17, 2014
Like most of the other reviewers, I ordered this to use as a utensil holder. I also ordered the blue fish design, and ended up using that one as a utensil holder and this one, the honey design, as a flower vase. I love them both. I think it is really nice to have something unique and hand-made instead of the standard box store pieces, and the uniqueness lends itself well to creating a comfortable, homey vibe in my kitchen, which is really important to me. I plan to buy plates and bowls from Le Souk in the future. Great quality and beautiful design.
on December 27, 2013
the blue color is very muted and much darker and the red detail is more like a brown. the whole design is actually kind of lopsided and awkward. its not worth returning though. im sure i'll find someway to use it, just not the purpose it was intended for.
on June 25, 2016
I love Le Souk Ceramique products. The Utensil/Wine holder is very attractive as well as functional. I am slowly collecting the pieces in the Azoura pattern and I have been very pleased with all of the Le Souk Ceramique items I have purchased.
on March 26, 2016
I think this piece was beautifully made, but I had my heart set on the image in the picture. Each item is hand painted so they all look different. It's an exceptionally nice hand piece from Tunisia, I just didn't love the original piece sent to me. Also, it didn't work for my kitchen utensils, too narrow.
VINE VOICEon February 2, 2011
This utensil holder is sized just perfectly for my new kitchen utensils. The blue,white and green colors are really nice and it looks good on my green counter top. It looks like a very expensive piece of pottery to me. For the price and the size and what it can hold, it was well worth the purchase.

Update-June 2013

I liked this Utensil Holder so much, I ordered one in another design - Sauvage Design. It arrived in perfect condition and looks wonderful in my kitchen.
on September 9, 2014
I happened to come across the Le Souk Ceramic products on the internet, and I'm really glad that amazon sells them. Their products are beautiful, affordable, and great quality. This crock is a perfect size, not light and not heavy! And it looks great in my kitchen! Very nice product! Highly recommend! :)
on July 15, 2011
I use this as a utensil holder and it's the perfect size. Also, I've received several compliments on it's uniqueness.
on April 13, 2011
Using as a utensil holder. It adds a warm splash of color to my countertop. Is beautifully designed and painted.

See 1 answered question