Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Prime Music Sweepstakes egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Deals on HTL

on November 22, 2011
Wow I am SHOCKED at the bad reviews and comments on here. Especially since some don't even own it and haven't tried it. To be clear, I LOVE the Infantino Wrap! I have scoliosis, a back issue, so I prefer to use wrap carriers since they distribute the weight evenly. This wrap is very unique but reminds me of my Moby Wrap. The front and hip positions are my favorite for my 7 month old and the back position is prefect, probably my favorite overall, for my 22lb two-year-old.

As long as you are properly using the wrap, it is extremely safe. The panels are wrapped around multiple times, in multiple areas so there's no risk of them falling out. Just make sure you double knot the final tie. I have used wraps with both of my children and have never had an incident of them falling out.

The colored design part isn't made with the same stretchy material as the rest of it is. They are actually woven panels which help to prevent stretching with wear. And the panels are breathable and light-weight so you don't have to worry about you or your baby getting too hot.

The back position was the hardest for me to get situated in. It says it takes two people... and they're right! You need someone to help hold the child on your back and properly spread the panels, so there's no chance of them tumbling out.
on December 12, 2012
I have purchased the Babybjorn Baby Carrier Active, Babybjorn Baby Carrier Air- Grey/White, Ergo Baby Carrier Black with Camel Lining, Moby Wrap, Infantino Union Ergonomic Carrier, and Infantino Sync Comfort Wrap Carrier Black/Red. I have had my baby in them since she was born and she is now 11 months old. Here is my favorite to least favorite:

Babybjorn Baby Carrier Air- Grey/White: This is THE BEST carrier for newborns!! It is so soft, bendable (not stiff), breathable, and comfortable. I highly recommend this one for newborns. However, my baby girl is now 11 months old (17 lbs) and it starts to hurt your back after an hour or so. You can have the newborn face forward and towards your chest. The position facing forward at 11 months looks comfortable for the baby. Since it is mesh, the crouch part is soft and doesn't spread open her legs too far (unlike the other Babybjorn ones). BABYBJORN Baby Carrier Air - Gray/White, Mesh

Ergo Baby Carrier: This is great for the back position! She is comfortable in the front but she always thinks its a challenge to try to get out. Unlike the Infantino Sync Comfort Wrap- where she will fall asleep and cuddle up with me. It is also harder to put on compared to the Babybjorn Carrier Air. I didn't get to try this one when she was younger. There is a big space for the baby and I bet if you wrap them up in blankets it could work. I have tried to breastfeed in this one. My breasts are not saggy so it is hard to adjust the breast for the baby to get. I will try loosening the straps different ways to see if I can be more effective in this one. I love the idea that I can breastfeed in a carrier. Ergo Baby Carrier Black with Camel Lining

Infantino Sync Comfort Wrap- My favorite from birth to 10 months old. I love the buckle around the waist and all the comfort. It barely feels like you have something one. My little girl will fall asleep or just cuddle in this one. It never, ever hurts my back. The only thing that bothered me was the wrap is very long and taking it off in parking lots- it would always drag on the ground. But I would just throw it in the washer and never had a problem with shrinkage or anything. Infantino Sync Comfort Wrap Carrier Black/Red

Infantino Union Ergonomic Carrier- This carrier works...its okay. The front position totally covers the infants head (lets almost no light in). Very private- She did fall asleep in this one. The biggest downfall is the top of the carrier would leave a mark- too constricting on the baby's head. I tried numerous times to put her in the back position and it would just leave a mark. She would never cry but I thought maybe when she was bigger I could try again. In the back position- the baby CAN NOT see. It has great support- doesnt hurt my back but too many negatives. IInfantino Union Ergonomic Carrier, Gray
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 19, 2013
I had been eyeballing this wrap for quite a while before my mom bought it for us as a gift. I love it as much as I thought I would! I don't know why a previous customer said it wouldn't fit a size 2 because the belt didn't go down small enough. I am a size 0 in jeans and it is perfect at the smallest. My son is a big boy 14lbs and 24in at 2 months exactly. He fits well into it and loves being snuggled so close to me! I modified the infant hold just a little by tilting his body a little more to the left side and we are able to breast feed in it(off that side only because of the pocket)His face is still uncovered by the wrap but supported at the same time. I had a regular front/back carrier before and it was a killer on my back and shoulders, especially with such a heavy baby. This really evens out the weight and I don't even feel his weight on my shoulders anymore. The red and black design part is not stretchy at all!!! So the previous review from the person who hadn't even brought the product that said the back carry wouldn't work is totally invalid. Only the all black part is stretchy because its for extra support and of course the actual tying part. So yes the back carry works(although like with other back carriers you need the help of someone else to put them into a back carry).

The ONLY issue I have is the fact that I am short 5'3" with a short torso so the black stretchy part is ridiculously long and there is no way of putting it on without it dragging on the floor. BUT at least that part doesn't touch the baby at all and never will. My son does get a little fussy on the wrapping process but as soon as I have him settled in he gets quiet and calms down.If you watch the video on here for the infant hold, it is pretty darn easy to do it on your own, by yourself! It was to me anyway. The hug hold for older babies is pretty much the same as the infant hold so if you get the infant down you'll have the hug hold down!

Overall this is much better than a carrier and a great starter if you're just getting into wraps like I am. Its definitely a keeper and I'm so glad I have it!
review image
on May 3, 2012
Really liked this product! Great value and style. I am a plus size mom and this fit me perfectly as many have not! Took a few tries to get baby comfy, but she loves it now!
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 30, 2012
Started using this product few weeks ago with my son. At first it was hard to tie without help. However after using it a few times I'm comfortable with it.
on May 12, 2014
Great, soft, quality fabric! Good back support, no shoulder pain. My baby is 4 months and almost 15lb now and I still carry her in newborn position. I felt she is still too small for her legs to be out because they spread a bit too much. But once she is 5 months she will be ready.
The newborn position feels very safe and very comfy for baby and mom. I like that you can tuck her head in the pouch for more support. Personally I find it very easy to use, it takes me less than a minute to put it on. On the other hand, my husband couldn't figure out how to put it by himself. So, some people may find it complicated. Not me! :))
I have Maya wrap too, but it wasnt very comfortable, my soulders and back were killing me and didn't provide a good head support for my baby the way infantino wrap does. Good for short time carrying maybe, but not if you carry your baby for a few hours. Just to compare my newborn was taking her 2-3 hour naps in infantino carrier till three months and she felt like a feather.

If you are undecided between infantino and Maya wrap, get both. The two will come handy for different purposes. Maya for quick in and out trips such as grocery store, getting mail, while infantino wrap is great for longer streches of time such as walking, naps, etc.
Even though infantino is much cheaper than Maya and Mobby wrap, it's really a quality product!
VINE VOICEon January 25, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This carrier is a really neat design. It simplifies the design of a wrap carrier and transfers the weight to the hips rather than the mid-back, which is awesome. For a small baby, hands-down, this is one of the best carriers out there.

My baby, however, is about 32 pounds (the packaging says that this carrier fits up to 35 pounds) and because of the knit (stretchy) fabric, it doesn't support her well. I would never, ever put her on my back in it because she could easily flip backwards right out of it. It also sags after wearing for a while because of the stretchy fabric. This would have been one awesome product if it had been made with woven (non-stretchy) fabric throughout, instead of just at the front panel.

All that said, she loves to ride in it in the front, and it does help when she's feeling sick or otherwise clingy to give me some mobility. I prefer it over a mei tai, wrap, or buckle carrier, except all of those are better for back carries, say, if we're hiking. For that, I'd use my Kinderpack XT. I just wish they'd thought about toddlers before using the fabrics they chose.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon November 29, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I debated for a long time whether to buy a sling, front or wrap carrier and I am so pleased I that I had the opportunity to try this wrap carrier through this program. I have had my 12 month daughter facing in and out and either way is great. It has helped soothe her to sleep when we are places during her normal nap time and I have been able to work around the house no problem with her in it. Also, walks are a lot more fun with her close to me instead of in her stroller and it's a better workout for me!

The design is pretty and I fine this wrap carrier to be comfortable and a natural baby carrier. My husband even used it one Saturday when I had to go out with my daughters and he's out coaching our son with football. I have to admit the wrap will require a little practice to properly put the wrap on you and get your baby into the wrap initially, (recommend having a 2nd person help the first couple of times getting the baby in the wrap till you get the hang of it). Although it took a couple of times to get the wrapping down, the guide is very helpful and I haven't had any trouble. There are also many videos online if you need to see someone actually doing it.

After the initial learning curve, can't say how much I loved it. Also this wrap by far the most comfortable on you and the baby, due to the cloth design, it distributes the weight perfectly. Me and my youngest highly recommend the wrap!
on November 1, 2013
I feel secure using this wrap- it has an adjustable belt and the flower sections are not stretchy, so my baby feels secure. I had a moby in the past and i like this one better, especially for the price. Also, im bigger (size 18) and the belt fits me with room to spare.
on January 2, 2013
Just like Moby in many ways but takes less time to get on and off. The knit fabric I did not see as a problem as one reviewer stated it was poorly used, however that is what a moby is, all knit. Moby is better suited for smaller babies as you are supposed to wear baby inward on chest, slinged, forward facing, and not on your back. I have a Ergo, and this carrier takes the idea of the Ergo's belt buckling system and applies it to this Moby like carrier making it faster to get on, instead of wraping, wraping, wraping, inspecting for twists, and the fabric dragging all over the place while you get it wrapped.

The problem with an Ergo is they can get hot,and are better suited for bigger infants and small children, unless you buy the insert which makes the Ergo even warmer, and then it becomes bulky. This warmth is great if you live in cold places. With that said this Sync carrier is not as hot as an Ergo, and it allows you to carry your kid on your back like an Ergo. However, another reviewer stated it was not safe in getting the kid on your back w/o help. I have to say that was the same for an Ergo. It is just a task in itself to get any kid on your back in a wrap w/o help.

So my verdict is 5 stars for the Hybrid make of a Moby and Ergo. Quicker, and more carrying options than a Moby. The price is less than an Ergo,no inserts, or extra generated heat. And, the added bonus is the pocket use of the fold where the child is inserted into can help with overstimulation from skin to skin contact. I had to use a burp rag to create a barrier because some of my shirts had a lower neckline and my baby became fussy with skin to skin when I wore my Moby & Ergo. I love this carrier and am donating my Moby to someone :) Keeping the Ergo for the bigger children.