Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Melvins Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on January 13, 2012
I thought I would order this coat after reading the other reviews. I gave up searching on the web because the other stores carrying Down coats were so expensive. Shipping time was three days. Amazon is great. I looked at the coat in the box and thought this coat will make me look heavy, but I tried it on and it fit. The coat is very flattering to the figure. I am a size 12 and ordered a Large. It has enough room to wear a heavy sweater. I am so happy with my purchase.
33 comments|65 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 3, 2013
Good quality! I like it! However this coat is not for very cold weather like -15 C or -20C or you need to wear a very warm sweater under this coat.
on January 1, 2013
It's not quite as warm as I'd like, though. Right now the temperature is -8 degrees F, and this jacket just doesn't tackle that kind of cold. For my job I spend about an hour and a half outside each day with elementary school kids and I have been able to comfortably use this jacket for the days above freezing, but am still looking for a great coat/jacket for REALLY cold weather that we tend to get up here in the "great white north". Our school goes outside unless the temp or temp/windchill combination is -10 or below, so I'm out in the real cold.

This jacket really is very nice looking and based on reviews I got a size larger so I could wear lots of chunky layers so size is fine. I, too, like the knit internal cuffs and the neck. I realize it makes the jacket a bit less pretty, but in the cold, comfort counts more than cute. Love the toggle buttons and the dual pockets and have used the hood often on windy days. Really a very nice coat, just not great as your only coat for super cold weather. BTW, I have lost two or three feathers, but nothing that concerns me at all.
44 comments|29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 25, 2012
Loving this coat!!! I wear size 4-6 so I went up one size to a medium and it fits perfect. I'm 5'10 so I prefer long coats and the length on this is awesome. It's a very well designed, warm and cozy coat and would recommend it to anyone!
on December 31, 2011
Absolutely delighted with my purchase. The reduced price along with my gift card made this a super buy. The jacket looks even better in person, although I am short and on me it is a coat, even better. BGSD thought of everything, a zippered pocket and one that closes with a toggle, for those who like to put their hands in the pockets. The jacket is stylish and warm, love the knit cuffs around the sleeves and around the neckline. Even better the jacket is washable. I would not hesitate to order from Amazon and BGSD again.
on January 29, 2014
I REALLY wanted to keep this jacket. At first, from the picture, I was worried that the toggles would be too big and too busy, though when I saw it in person, they were beautiful! When I tried it on the fit felt great, albeit the shoulder area a bit snug. It was light weight, though warm, but there were two major problems . . .

1. The fur trimmed hood slouched forward so much on my face that it obstructed my vision! Maybe that would be good for super windy days, though definitely not good for being able to see where you are going! There was no way to make the hood work, at all. Unless you are an eskimo, I would not recommend it.

2. The bottom opening of the jacket was HUGE. I mean HUGE. I could probably fit ten pairs of my legs in there! The fit from the shoulders to the waist was snug, but the bottom was ridiculous! Keep in mind, I ordered a SMALL. I stepped outside on a cold winter day to test the warmth and I was SHOCKED as the wind went right up my jacket! I was shivering with every gust of wind! Thus completely defeating the purpose of this jacket and the wonderful down feathers it is filled with. I am shocked. How could a manufacturer use such quality materials and overlook a design flaw of such importance?! It is a poor waste of beautiful down feathers, which are very fine thermal insulators and padding. I feel it is a true waste of great material.

In summary: If you really want this jacket and are a great seamstress/tailor, or will take it to one, go ahead. Though you WILL need to make alterations. I do not sew, so I do not know if it is possible.

I find it absolutely LUDICROUS that this cut made it to the manufacturing stage.
on December 21, 2012
I Love this coat! Well worth the money. Stylish, comfortable, true to size and slimming. I'm always getting compliments on it. I Live in Minnesota so it is passing the cold test. The length is perfect, to my knees. When the coat came all the metal parts were covered to keep things damage free.
on February 6, 2013
Maybe this coat deserves 4.5 stars. Not a perfect coat, but excellent for the price. When I first took it out of the box I thought it might be flimsy and unattractive-- it seemed thin and the buttons seemed chunky. Once I wore it out, however, both reservations vanished. I wore it in the Pacific northwest during some of those days we have here that are a special kind of cold-- not cold enough to snow, but very wet and somewhat windy. A wet cold, which feels far colder than a dry snowy day. It feels like walking through a pond of water. It is hard to keep out the wet cold. This coat did very well with that. It also felt nice and toasty during a couple 25-degree nights. What I have not tried is wearing this coat in a lower temperature snow or dry cold-- say, places where it gets lower than 25 degrees.

The fur actually looks attractive. The length is good and the pockets are very nice to have. it feels understated even with the large buttons. I have, however, found a couple tiny feathers on my sweater after wearing it-- just twice, one teeny tiny feather each time.
on December 23, 2015
I'm a tall woman. I stand 5'11'' tall. I had been looking for a winter coat that would hit me mid thigh or lower because winters where I live are pretty brutal. I LOVE this coat. I wore it last year and this year and finally feel like I can give a thorough review. It's a great weight. Not too light, not too heavy. The faux fur around the hood really makes it more fashionable and classy. The toggles are a nice touch also. The sleeve length on me was perfect which is so hard to find being so tall! And stains wipe off really easily on this coat. It's such a comfortable coat. I don't feel like the Michelin Man when I put it on and all body parts are able to move freely! All in all, a great purchase!
on January 18, 2013
This coat is perfect for Northeastern winters. It's extremely warm. I like the multiple large pockets. There are also multiple fastening options which are helpful. I highly recommend it!