Automotive Holiday Deals Books Holiday Gift Guide Shop Women's Cyber Monday Deals Week Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Black Friday egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty Deals Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer mithc mithc mithc  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage R6 Siege Shop Now HTL

on December 20, 2014
After my boyfriend agreed to buy me a vanity for Christmas I did a thorough search on Amazon. I picked out a few sets, looked at the pictures people posted and read the reviews! I was 100% sold on this one. Great reviews, great price and a good amount of storage space!
Based on some reviews I was worried the mirror/vanity would arrive damaged but it was in perfect condition!
The texture could be a bit more smooth in some places and there are a few TINY nicks/discolored areas but they are not noticeable unless looking for them and they can be easily fixed!
*Assembly* was a breeze. The table and drawers come intact all you have to do it twist on the legs . The mirror has to be mounted on the back with screws which can be done using a screwdriver. The chair legs have to be screwed on as well. All pieces came in the box.
*Age* This vanity is suitable for tweens/teens/adults. Its too large for younger girls and needs to be treated gently.
*Storage* The drawers don't pull all the way out which is a bit annoying. The top 3 are shallow good for small/thin items and palettes. If you're a makeup junkie you'll definitely need some additional storage. My makeup collection is rather small so it's enough storage for me (However, Ulta MAC and Sephora are right down the street so ill probably be getting some acrylic storage drawers soon...Jesus protect my wallet lol). There's a good amount of space on top of the vanity for organizers /drawers.
*Recommendations* Buy some tempered glass for the top of the vanity. This will protect the paint/wood from makeup/spills/use. You don't want the white to become dirty!
The knobs can be changed. I didn't like the dark brass color ones that came with the vanity so i found some white and chrome ones which match much better and look a lot more clean!
Get some vinyl nonslip drawer/cabinet liners (Dollar Tree/Walmart). These will keep the inside of your drawers clean from makeup and keep your items from rolling around all over the place when you open/close the drawers.
I added some led light strips to the sides of the middle mirror which add a good amount of light and make the vanity look much more beautiful! (Ikea $20 for 1 pack and i only needed 1 pack).
Also, while the stool is cute and good size, i wanted something a little more pretty, comfortable, and with more support for my back. I purchased the white swivel chair from Amazon as well. The vanity stool wood is the same white as the vanity but the seat material is an ivory /beige/cream color.
Hope this review helps! Enjoy! :)
review image review image review image review image review image
2323 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 18, 2014
I had some tough criteria for finding a vanity -- I wanted something with drawers, I did not want a mirror that folded down (and took up precious tabletop space), looked more contemporary than traditional, had dark wood, and was under $300.

I first had some issues with the tracking information -- it said the package was on the way to the shipping facility for a week. However as soon as I contacted the seller, they fixed the issue and I got it a few days after that. The package itself was pretty huge, because the bulk of the vanity is already assembled. You only need to attach the legs to the stool, the legs to the vanity, and the mirror. The seller also did an excellent job packaging, I think that even if it was dropped at some point, it would've been fine with how many layers of cardboard there was.

There is plenty of space on the top, I could fit two organizers for make-up, plus a bunch of cups with brushes, etc. I also went out and bought a piece of plexiglass to put on the top to make cleaning up spilled make-up easier.

The only sort-of con is that the drawers don't slide super well, but I guess that's to be expected as they are not on a metal track.

Overall, I'm very happy with this purchase!
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 25, 2012
This vanity is just want I wanted. My husband put it together quickly and easily. The mirrors are really clear, not fuzzy like some cheap mirrors that come with some furniture. The stool came with plastic over the upholstery and I left it on there. The stool is sturdy and bigger than I expected it to be. It does slide around on a wooden floor, but a rug stops that. The closest thing that could come to a complaint from me would be how shallow the drawers are. I was expecting more storage, BUT I am really, really happy with this purchase. I'll upload a picture soon!
review image review image review image
on June 7, 2015
I love this vanity~ I can picture myself using this forever. I'm 5' 2" in my 20s and this fits me perfectly, size and personality wise. I think the desk could be big enough to be a study table even. But it's not overwhelmingly huge either. The original knobs kind of have this annoying tick tick sound when the desk shakes because they have pull able rings. You can open and close the mirrors which is nice but I probably won't be doing much. And I can see myself in three different mirrors, yay.
The box came in this massive sized packaging, big as uh, coffin? And was really, really heavy but I managed to get it through my house alone. It's pretty easy to assemble, I did most parts of it until I got to the mirror and I needed my dad to drill the holes. The legs were just twisting them on until they were tightened. The stool just had a few screws that needed to go in. And they provided an "L" shaped tool to crank it on. This vanity is beautiful, looks unique, and if you're on the fence on getting this, just buy it. I did add a lot of extra stuff to this vanity, but most of it was to protect it in the long run, and I could see myself using it forever that I wanted to add personal touches.

Extra stuff I added: I did look at what other reviewers did and added extra perks. Though the vanity itself is perfect. I added "shelf liners" to the drawers to protect them of course.

The vanity normally doesn't light up, and I had to buy LED light strips (lights thing) that was purchased on Amazon, with its AC 14V adapter (power cord thingy that included the thingy that bridges the connection from the cord thingy to light thingy) it had an adhesive backing that let me put them on either sides of the mirror.

Though the drawer knobs look perfectly fine originally, I was unsure and also ordered rose drawer knobs, also from Amazon. I have to warn you though, the screws that came with them were too long that I needed 3 ring thingys around the screw to make it a smaller screw.
Rose drawer knobs in white:

I prefer my makeup in an organizer, which I also bought from Amazon. I might just use the drawers for jewelry and hair ties (and cookies)

Makeup organizer:

The desk also has a desk pad protector (Amazon) to protect it from any spills, makeup. I don't recommend drinking water on this vanity or you'll ruin the wood

desk pad 19 x 24:
review image review image review image review image review image
on February 22, 2012
BEAUTIFUL! SHE LOVED IT! I had ordered a different vanity prior to this one, for not much less money, and was so disappointed I didn't even finish taking out of the box. When I received this vanity, I was somewhat ready to be disappointed.....but WOW...was I pleasently suprised!
It is exactly what My wife had been looking for. This is a quality piece, sturdy with beautiful wood grain. The stool has a beautiful fabic and is also very well made. This vanity is so beautiful, She will not be using it until I have a glass to protect the wood.
If you're looking for a vanity, I would suggest this one.
1717 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 5, 2015
Where to start….Well first thing is first my review is completely from a guy’s perspective so ladies bear with me ok…Thanks!!!

Before deciding to buy a vanity set for my girlfriend I did my fair amount of research and asking my girlfriend random questions here and there to get an idea of what she’s looking for vs what she would want and finally what fits the space we are working with. With that in mind spent like 2 months searching amazon and different places and blogs and the opinion of other women to see what they thought as well.

Finally the long hard decision came to be purchasing this item for her and frankly I didn’t go wrong the glow and smile on her face as she came home from work to see a vanity set sold me well and above what I expected haha.

After reading many review on here I was at first a little worried about the packaging and shipping and was hoping that nothing was wrong but all my worries were for nothing the packaging was amazing and would rate the shipment I received a A.

Assembly took me about 10 minutes once everything was laid out and would be faster with 2 people (FYI the package itself is huge and suggest 2 people carry it) Again it’s only a suggestion for all those big strong types men and women you’ll be fine :P

The storage on this thing is great (again from a guy’s perspective) Now the drawers itself don’t pull out all the way out which I don’t really understand why but it’s definitely not a deal breaker. But for the woman who LOVES makeup like my girlfriends then I suggest doing what I did and buy some drawers or storage bins from Sephora (only one I really know of around my area) The top of the vanity itself is big and gives you lots of space for them.

NOTE: What I do recommend because the top could seem to nick and mark easily is to buy a piece of glass and have it made for the vanity. I will be doing that and I also saw in pictures someone else did the same thing. After all you want to keep the stuff you buy like brand new!! Also I put in liners in the drawers to help keep those clean from loose makeup or whatever.

Quality – For the price I swear you can’t beat it and the simple fact amazon says I saved $382.89 (64%) I’m sorry but you can’t beat that at all. The vanity itself feels and looks great!!! It did have some minor nicks on it that were painted over but you’ll never know unless you’re up close and inspecting it so again not a deal breaker for me.

Well with all this being said I would recommend this item to anyone looking to buy a vanity the price is great the reviews are great and the product is also great. I hope that this review helped as I definitely loved buying this for her and the prospect of getting my cabinet under my sink again is….AWESOME doubtful but I enjoy the idea hahaha
on January 24, 2015
Love it good quality I can see why people's vanity broke cause the packaging needs to be more padded. But thank God mines was handled with care cause it came perfect without damage. I love it drawers are smooth and chair is comfortable. All I need is a glass for the top which I will get at Home Depot. I took some pointers from someone here and added lights from ikea. Also it's easy to build that's my favorite part. Lol ignore my boyfriend in the pic please. Lol
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 8, 2012
After looking at over 50 vanity sets for my wife, I narrowed it down to two. In reading the reviews for almost all of them . . . there were 1 & 2 star reviews for all, pertaining to damage during shipment.

Thinking that these were "made in China" I expected thin corregated cardboard for the shipping box. Well, what a pleasant surprise when it arrived via UPS. I had my camera ready to take photos of the torn box and broken parts as many had mentioned.

Not only did the outer shipping box show no signs of damage . . . the well packed product had not even a scratch. The finish was above my expectations, smooth and mellow. It only took about 25-30 minutes to assemble completely.

Four legs screwed into the provided holes, 4 legs for chair assembled with bolts for safety, and then the mirror took 8 screws to mount firmly to the desk/table.

It was then I noticed the "Made in Vietnam" stickers (not China, as I had expected). A great product with real wood, not pressboard. A georgeous dark cherry finish which matched our 8 year old bedroom set as though it was part of the set.

We would highly recommend this product!

Marshall & Penny
on March 10, 2015
I must admit, I too was a bit hesitant in my purchase due to the reviews they had received broken materials. I think the biggest gamble with this large of a set is the delivery process. When my shipment arrived, it was double boxed (great plus!) I was enthusiastic to see how well it had been stored with many packing’s of Styrofoam. The hardest part of the process was taking it out, once I knew it was completely unharmed, I realized how beautiful this vanity really is. If you get it perfect, it really is a Gem! Easy set-up, beautiful color and texture, mirror is glamourous and expansive. Best purchase ever, go for it seriously!!!!
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 16, 2012
It came in one piece, nothing was broken. It was easy to put together. I am 5"8 and I can see myself perfectly in the mirrors. Drawers are small but everything I needed to put in there fits. It looks very beautiful. Definitely a must!
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse