Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now

on November 30, 2009
This book is definitely worth purchasing, whether you are beginning to use Microsoft Office or have been using it for years. The book presents a great deal of information in an easy to understand format. There is a good explanation about the use of new galleries that help quickly find features, formats, wizards, templates, and recently lost files. The mystery of templates has been revealed at long last. I have wanted more documentation on Entourage for years and this book has details. Hidden secrets such as how to make Gantt charts are revealed. PowerPoint and Word features are well documented so that even a novice can use them. All big party givers need to read "Making Magic With Mail Merge." The section covering Excel is particularly good. I am being forced to become an accountant and the ledger sheet explanation is wonderful.
on August 27, 2010
It's rare to find a tutorial so well written and organized. This is my 2nd "for Dummies" series purchase and would recommend it to anyone who wants to get a handle on Microsoft Office 2008 for Macs quickly and easily. I also advise actually creating a project for each section (each office application -word, excel, entourage and powerpoint) - it's a fun and practical way to apply the instructions, test your comprehension and put the application into practice in a tangible and memorable way. Make it as challenging as possible - a newsletter in Word that uses all the graphics and tools including creating tables/graphs and charts requiring excel and/or transferring creations between applications. You'll amaze yourself and be amazed at what you can do and how far Office has come along. But remember, practice makes perfect. And as a person who develops marketing communications and does graphics and design for a living - while it's not Adobe Suite - it's important to be skilled and capable in Microsoft Office as most clients run Office as their primary platform for communications and for business. This publication is good way to develop these skills quickly and stay competitive in today's rough economic environment.
on October 8, 2012
Office Mac is similar to the Windows version, but there are some differences. A definite "must have" if you're switching over to the Mac. In no time, you'll be as good as ever.
on May 10, 2014
Easy to read and for someone like me who needs to write my tenure/promotion papers with precision, I think it will solve some of the previous problems I had writing in Word.
on August 26, 2011
Needed Publisher and it was not in the book. Why not? I guess I did not read the fine print close enough. The rest of the book is not as user-friendly as it should be, but it's still one of the two I depend on.
on February 23, 2016
Helpful for beginners - intermediate users.
on December 10, 2010
Love it, use it as a reference when I need it, and its ALWAYS given me the answers I was looking for !!!
on February 16, 2011
IF YOU ARE A BEGINNER, DO NOT BUY THIS BOOK! FROM THE PREVIOUS 5 STAR REVIEWS I WAS EXPECTING SOMETHING SIMPLE AND LOGICAL. INSTEAD, THE AUTHORS DO NOT EXPLAIN SIMPLE THINGS LIKE, HOW TO SET MARGINS, OR HOW TO SET TABS, WITHOUT DIGRESSING INTO A MYRIAD OF OTHER FASCINATING THINGS POSSIBLE. I AM FRUSTRATED AND CONFUSED AND VERY IRRITATED I WASTED MY MONEY! ! REALLY, MUST I SPEND HOURS TRYING TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO SET TABS???? NOT A HELPFUL BOOK AT ALL!
on January 8, 2015
A basic reference book. Good for general information, but lacking information on how to handle some complex issues.