Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Prime Music Sweepstakes egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Luxury Beauty Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals Holiday Music in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Deals on HTL

on December 25, 2011
Vegeta is the 4th (5th if you include recolors) figure in the S.H. Figuarts Dragon Ball Z sub-line. If you have one of the other 4 figures, then you already know much of what to expect. Vegeta has 3 faces, you remove the faceplate (and the front part of his hair) and you can change his expression to a smarmy grin or a truly vicious snarl, complete with a forehead vein ready to burst.

The shading on this figure is somewhere between the SDCC exclusive Goku and the normal Super Saiyan figures, fitting in with either in a way most superb. He's accurately a bit shorter than Goku but maintains the same great poseability. If I was forced to come up with any faults on this figure, it would be that he lacks more expressions and could do with more hands, or an effect part or two. But as he is, he stands at the pinnacle of DBZ figures and makes me excited for the upcoming Trunks Figuart.
review image
on March 28, 2015
I purchased a Brand NEW Super Saiyan Vegeta
The original box had a Dragon Ball Z Logo and Bandai logo.
However, the item seemed awfully loose.
Then, I checked this website to tell the difference from the real to the bootleg

I compared this website's images to my figure as seen in the picture.
Turns out: My Vegeta figure had no serial # or Copyright details, colors are a bit off, and have loose articulation.
If you stumble upon these discrepancies, RETURN THEM IMMEDIATELY!!!
And purchase another from another seller.
review image
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 21, 2012
This arrived in the GREATEST condition. If I were to say any problems, I would have 2. 1: His head falls off just WAY too easily. 2: The joints for the whole body, being as they are 2 circles, only 3/4 of the circle is on all the way. This might've been for them to put on the joints and hands/legs/head/etc. evenly together. I'm just too excited for words right now, so my whole review is based on: AWESOMENESS! This is a MUST for collectors such as I. For about a 5" figure, this is just BEYOND my expectations..! Buy it or Vegeta will find you! ^-^ I've always wanted to say that!
on September 15, 2013
Don't get me wrong. Like I said, the toy itself is durable and has so much fun to play with. However, currently it is at the most ridiculous price I have ever seen so far in my life.

Did any of you realize how much it originally cost? If not, let me tell you. It cost between $40 to $50 dollars when it was issued. Surprise!? Unfortunately, I am not lying. You can check the old price from other online toy stores too.

The only reason it cost between $150 to $200 now is all because of Simple Economics 101 "Supply and Demand". Too much demand and not enough supply generated a shortage which pushes the product price to extreme. Moreover, there is no substitutes such as S.H Figuarts Super Vegeta, S.H Figuarts Super Saiyan 2 Vegeta or S.H Figuarts Majin Vegeta available to buy. The price will only stay or even go up more. I am not encouraging you not to buy it. If you are so loyal to DBZ S.H Figuarts and your "willingness to pay" is over $100, please go ahead and get it.

Personally, I will wait for Tamashii Nations to reissue it just like how they reissued Super Saiyan Son Goku earlier in this year.
on April 8, 2012
Although it IS a little bit pricey, this is a very nice overall representation of Vegeta. He is very pose-able, and I don't feel like I'm going to break him, or, at least, not all the time. I am an adult collector, and I must say, this probably isn't the best kids toy, especially if they're, say, under ten years old, but this Figuarts Vegeta would probably handle some playtime, especially if your child is a big DBZ fan, and doesn't especially want to destroy his figures. Other than that, this is highly recommended for Vegeta fans and toy lovers who can't get enough of these detailed, super-articulated action figures. Hope this is helpful in some way.
on January 21, 2012
If you're familiar with the Figuarts line and been waiting for the perfect Vegeta figure. Buy it now. I have both the Goku and Vegeta figures, and to me Vegeta was built better. For example, the neck joint doesn't pop off easily as it did with Goku and the hair fits perfectly in the socket. As with all other figuarts products, the articulation is great. No regrets here.
on December 29, 2011
It's just so surreal to finally have this figure in hand after almost 2 years of doubt amongst the toy collecting community. This figure is just great, well detailed and awesome paint job. Not to mention the amazing articulation as so many S.H. Figuarts have. I hope to see more great DBZ Figuarts soon after SSJ3 Goku and Trunks are released.
on January 20, 2012
I got this for my grandson for his birthday. He loves it! He says it is really fun. "Best articulated Vegeta figure ever". "It goes perfect with the SH Goku figure that I got for Christmas". Good seller. Arrived on time in excellent condition. I recommend this seller and my grandson recommends this toy to all kids who like Dragon Ball Z.
on June 7, 2015
This is most definitely an amazing figure I do not own one myself though :( but thank god for re issues because they're re issuing him sometime this year. So if you don't mind a re issue hold on to your money a little longer and wait for that it'll be so much cheaper ;)
VINE VOICEon April 22, 2013
Ah, the prince of Saiyans. A much longed-for figure, especially in Bandai's highly esteemed SH Figuarts line. As it stands, this is the best representation of Super Saiyan Vegeta in figure form. Does that mean it's perfect? No; no, not really.

First, let's get to the great parts of the figure. The articulation is the standard articulation for SH Figuarts (that is, supreme), though I'm not sure if the boots are die-cast. Because he's in his Android/Cell saga garb (?), the simplicity of the design leads to a more fluid and uniform joint design. Unlike Goku, who had to incorporate the uncovered parts and the wrinkled clothing, Vegeta's aesthetic blends well with the joints. His knee and elbow joints, for example, look like knees and elbows, etc.
He comes with one more facial expression than Goku, so that's obviously a plus.

Now, on to the detractions. From what I gather, the DBZ Figuarts line is up and running largely because of the Western fans. Indeed, Trunks and Cell were created because of Facebook polls. Starting with Vegeta, the DBZ Figuarts have become Tamashii Web Shouten/Shop exclusives in the East, and standard releases in the West. As such, that may be the reason why these figures come with less accessories and overall detail than other Figuarts counterparts. If that's the case, I can't really blame Bandai for factoring in cost vs. value, but that doesn't mean I excuse these DBZ figures completely.

Let me reiterate: the SH Figuarts line comprises the best DBZ figures you can get in this scale (1/12=6"-ish). They have the best articulation and sculpting, and, even though some are lackluster in including accessories, they have the better share of accessories nevertheless.
But Vegeta (as well as Goku) got skimped with the accessories. They don't included paired hands, meaning each hand doesn't have its counterpart in the same pose. So where we'll get Vegeta's right-handed (or left) blast pose, there's no same pose for the other hand. As it stands, there're about four or five hands *total,* which is a darn shame.
His facial expressions come with fixed eye angles, so if you want to show an extremely upset or powering-up Vegeta, he's always going to be looking to the side.

So far, I have SS Gohan, SS Goku, and SS Vegeta. From what I can tell, they're all in scale, though Vegeta may be a bit taller than some may like. In the DBZ world, he and Frieza have vacillated a few inches, so that's not a deal-breaker for me. What is bothersome is that Vegeta seems to have longer legs than I'd like. Maybe that's to enhance his articulation, but I can't help but be bothered by it. Call me anal.

I got this figure second-hand, though it's claimed to be new. I notice a paint splotch on his hair, but it's not too big a deal. The neck joint also seems to be loose on mine, so I'm careful when posing this figure turning his head. I also noticed that his boots aren't colored yellow at the tips, but that doesn't bother me as much as it might some fanboys.

All in all, it's the best SS Vegeta we've got, but not the best DBZ Figuarts. Comparatively speaking, Gohan is the best in my ownership, seeing as he comes with multiple faces and paired hands, as well as SS and SS2 hair styles, not to mention the cape. The cape is stiff, but what can you do.
I've seen Trunks also comes with a slew of accessories, thanks to FB polling, so let's hope the future figures get as much care. Frieza is the one I've been wanting, so I hope the best for that one.

I've noticed that Vegeta is now sold out, so if you really like the Saiyan prince, and you're not bothered paying double his retail ($40), I'd take a few deep breaths before saying go for it. It's not as bad as it sounds, but I'm not 100% impressed.
However, it's SS Vegeta; who doesn't want him?