on September 9, 2012
Size Name: Pack of 120Verified Purchase
I bought these to use for labeling canning lids and they fit the regular-mouth lids perfectly. I wasn't crazy about Avery's design software (lost them a star) and the templates really weren't what I needed. So, I designed my own labels in Publisher, saved as a commercial-printing gif, and copy/pasted it onto the blank template Avery has available on their website as a free download. That worked fine and I got exactly the design I wanted. I just reordered them.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon November 28, 2011
Size Name: Pack of 120Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
These are good quality glossy labels, so you should be able to get sharp color images with a good ink jet printer. The package contains 10 sheets of labels with 12 labels on each sheet (120 total labels).

My only concern with this product is the templates. Avery has web-based software to create and print your labels, but that is very clunky if you are printing several different designs.

Avery also has a Microsoft Word template that you can download, which is great if you are using Microsoft Word (or a compatible word processor) to create your labels. These round labels encourage you to create labels that are not text-based, however, so Microsoft Word may not be your first choice of editor. If you're using a graphics editor, you may have to export your graphics to JPEG files, then import those into Microsoft Word, then print them. This can be a big hassle and you may lose image quality if you're not careful.

It would be nice if Avery provided templates for popular graphics editors, but I could not find any. Avery apparently does have Adobe-compatible templates for some of their labels, but not for these round ones.

Rating: 5 stars if you use Microsoft Word, 3 stars if you use Adobe
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon November 3, 2011
Size Name: Pack of 120Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
These labels are of good quality, with the right amount of gloss, to produce labels with a professional appearance. Nothing about these labels will have a homemade look, unless of course you want it that way. Avery offers dozens of templates on their website, allowing you to chose from a multitude of designs.

In recent years, Avery has introduced a line of labels with a unique twist. The backing paper can be bent in such a way that peeling off a label is far easier than with traditional labels. That can be a big advantage, especially with mailing labels, but is also handy for labels such as these that you might not remove from the sheet all at once.

Although I am very pleased with the product and its outcome, there are certain areas that could be improved. Avery's website now requires registration in order to download patterns. I think that's unnecessary. The patterns are Microsoft Word compatible and allow users to change the text fields. Yet unlike the software that they offer for mailing labels, which allows you to repeat the information for all labels on a page, come up with individual ones, or import data from a file, these patterns require you to update each of the twelve labels separately. If you are making many of the same label, that seems like an unnecessary task. If you are producing more than one design, it still assumes that you are producing a fixed number of any particular design on each page, each time you use a pattern.

With their mailing label software, it's easy to make a "one off" label. That's not the case with these, because it would require deleting each field and background in each of the eleven other labels, and assuring that you have filled in the correct label, in order to do so. I could understand a pattern that gets filled in for an entire page, so you can print a large run of them. I could understand the flexibility of allowing each of the labels to be different. But I don't think they came up with a good compromise.

Ten sheets is not a lot, but 120 labels is a considerable number. Make sure you test your printing on standard paper to assure that your results are what you want them to be. One nice thing about the label stock is that the sheets are symmetrical so you don't have to worry about which direction is the top or bottom when you feed the paper.

All in all, I can't complain about the labels themselves, but Avery has spoiled me with better software in the past. Depending on how you plan to use them, the software may fit your needs well, or may require more work than should be necessary. Or you may see fit to use them by hand when needed.
Size Name: Pack of 120Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
In the past we've never been huge fans of Avery - for the shipping labels we tend to use, we can always find an equivalent in a different brand for a fraction of the price. Sometimes 90% less.

However, starting in 2011 Avery began releasing several new product lines of fantastic new label types - unique sizes, print-to-edge, variety of colors (such as kraft brown), etc. Now I'm a huge fan. This is definitely the direction Avery needs to go. There are a lot of small businesses, schools, nonprofits, student groups, etc., who can use these types of products.

The problem with almost all of the new Avery sizes & label types are the templates. I remember way-back-when, when using Windows 95 and Windows 2000, that every package of labels came with a template CD, and every word processor had a built-in template CD, and they seemed flawless. Whatever happened to those good old days?

Today, we primarily use Microsoft office, Google Docs, or Open Office - and every darn time (including with this product), the template misprints, is off center, has strange margins, etc.

We always end up using the Avery Design & Print online. It's a bit clunky, and requires you to create an account, but seems to work fine unless you're doing something extravagant.

As for these 2" labels, the glossy is great - we've already used them for probably a dozen different things. Great for product mockups, small product lines, kids, crafts, etc. They look professional, durable, no problems feeding through the printer, & print quality looks great (we are currently using inkjet - haven't tested on laser).

A final note - before buying, make sure you're really getting the size you need. I hear from a lot of people that they seemed smaller than they had imagined in their head. Draw a 2" circle on a scrap piece of paper & cut it out if you want to make sure. Avery also makes a Glossy Oval Label, 1.5 x 2.5-Inches (22804)

Hope this helps - good luck!
on September 26, 2012
Size Name: Pack of 120Verified Purchase
Received this product in good order and immediately printed all 10 sheets on an HP inkjet printer. Unfortunately while the packaging indicates this product is for both laser and inkjet printers, the end result (it was black inkjet only) -- smudges.
on December 9, 2013
Size Name: Pack of 120Verified Purchase
I purchased these labels for jam jar for my wedding favors and they turned out great! All my guests thought they looked very professional and I could not be happier on how they turned out.

I know that others have complained about the Avery online template tool, but I believe the tool was user friendly and allowed me to customize to my specific tatks. Take a look at the user provided images to see how they turned out. My only word of advice is to remember to print test sheets and match them up with actual label sheets. I had to adjust the horizontal and vertical alignment slightly to get everything to match up perfectly.

All in all, very happy with these label sheets and would purchase again next time I need something similar.
review image
on January 17, 2014
Size Name: Pack of 120
Save yourself ink, paper, and hours (literally) of frustration and do NOT use the "Design & Print" site or software to try to print your labels -- they will not be centered.

If you have already created your design in something like Photoshop, use the downloadable templates that Avery provides instead (use in Microsoft Word or Open Office) and insert your design directly into the template. You can find the templates on Avery's site using the product number (22807), download the file, and open in Word or Open Office (I used Open Office). This is much better than the website software because you can move the parts of the template around to get perfect alignment.

I ended up having to adjust the position of the circles on the template by moving them .01" closer to the left edge of the paper -- you'd be amazed how much of a difference this made. (You should be able to do this by right clicking on the circles on the template and choosing "Position & Size" or something similar to that.)

This will take trial runs since I'm sure every computer and printer is different, but it WORKS! For your trials, print on regular computer paper so you don't waste labels. Then, align the printed computer paper with a sheet of blank labels (computer paper behind the labels) and hold them up to light to see how they line up. Then you know if you need to move more to the right, more to the left, etc. This is how I did it and ended up with perfectly centered labels (after, seriously, 2 hours).

I had no issues with smudging and the labels seem to stick to the lids of canning jars really nicely. This size is perfect for the standard mouth jars.

Good luck!
on November 22, 2012
Size Name: Pack of 120Verified Purchase
As long as you don't have any moisture on the label, you'll be fine. Even without moisture, we were noticing that the label was smudging when we were applying it to the product. We went with Avery product 22817 and haven't looked back!
on September 6, 2013
Size Name: Pack of 120Verified Purchase
My printer didn't like the really slick paper the labels were on, and after several attempts to load the paper I gave up. Wasted three sheets of labels trying to get them aligned and it never worked. I would not buy these again.
on June 9, 2013
Size Name: Pack of 120Verified Purchase
While the sticker quality is great, what I thought would be an hour project lasted 3 hours punctuated by many colorful adjectives. I used the template on the web compatible with the product, attempted many times to correct the alignment, but 75% of the stickers were Unusable!!, Irish I could get my money back!!!

Your Recently Viewed Items and Featured Recommendations