Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

on November 21, 2011
I don't think the standard toy rating sub-categories quite apply exactly...

This is not the funnest 'toy'--it's a functional toy! Or toy adjunct. Or case that can actually be played with...

Educational value, hm, well this is for FUN. Yes fun and education can co-exist (rightfully so) but this is for using with other toys. It can serve as a back drop for a scenario, so I'm giving it educational points based on 'imagination opportunity'. Or maybe, education as in educating my kiddo how to keep his toys tidier.

As for durability--it is very well made with strong materials. I can't swear how much it will hold up as we've only had it a short time--I will post an update if it turns out to be a piece of junk, but it really seems quite well done. The material is the type of heavy duty plastic that will wash with a good wipedown (I'm sure this will hold a secret snack at some point...)

Overall rating: 5 stars! It's a great size for stuffing in a backpack for traveling, it has little pockets for 23 minifigs, plus room in the center to stuff the other 'necessities' (like more minifigs) and has a handle for carrying. Besides, it's the MILLENIUM FALCON.

A great way for my son to bring his bazillions of minifigures on trips (or keep in his room), without little bits getting lost in the depths of his backpack, across the floor etc. This is HIGHLY Recommended!

JTG
33 comments15 of 15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 9, 2012
This was a small gift I gave my 8 year old son as we planned and packed for a long (2 months) trip involving many modes of transport and places to stay. He wasn't very impressed with it, but, in practice, it was been one of the best items I bought for this purpose.

This case is fairly small--maybe the depth of a dictionary (or the height of a Lego minifigure!)--and it slips easily into my son's backpack. It easily holds enough Lego bricks to build enjoyable (if small-ish) constructions. If you make a cool vehicle, the assembled vehicle may even fit into the case. (Sometimes we have to remove gunning turrets, but most mini-fig sized home-made vehicles seem to fit.)

After a few weeks of travel, I can see that this little case gets pulled out at almost every stop. It is really easy for my son to zip his tiny pieces inside so they make it to the next stop on our journey. While he may not notice that he particularly ENJOYS this case, I notice that he IS USING this case all the time.

I bought a different Zip Bin item for my younger son, and I am far less impressed with the ones where the lids just sit on top. They don't travel well in a backpack like this little gem does. I'm hoping to find something more like this for my little guys Schleich animals because I had to resort to a Ziploc bag inside his Neat-Oh! ZipBin Mini Zoo Play Set and it is getting squished in his backpack and deforming. The Mellenium Falcon case is almost entirely lined with a stiffener, and it has not deformed at all in spite of lots of shoving and squishing (and boys sitting on each other's backpacks!)
on February 29, 2012
My son is a huge star wars fan...I bought this on a whim...he LOVES it. Great way to keep track of his little storm troopers and Droids (yup, I pay attention) he always likes to pack up a few things to take to grandmas and this is a great travel case. Its smaller than I thought...but still a great size. Plus as the ship...he can fly it around ;)
My son received this for his 12th birthday...it was a winner!
on December 30, 2011
This product holds legos in a cool Millenium Falcon case. My grandson now has a good place to store his legos. Mom was happy to have a "place" for the legos where the grandson is to put his things away when playtime was over. Win/Win for Pop-pop.
on June 24, 2013
I bought this for my son as I thought it would be a good storage for all his Lego Mini figures. And it is. There are even little places in the inside to tuck them in. The only thing I would say about it is that the zipper is tricky and sticks frequently. This really should have been a consideration for young hands. I can get it closed--but my son struggles. He uses it anyway, because of the design, but many times I just find the "lid" closed and not zipped shut. That is why it got a lower rating.
on June 7, 2014
It is small and portable which is always good :) Our grandson is using this to store all his minifig parts. The side pockets give him a place to store all his favorite minifig creations while the large area in the center allows him to have all the parts for many more minifigs stored in a central location. A little pricey but well worth it...it will hold up longer than the plastic shoeboxes and such he used in the past. And it looks really COOL!!
on September 2, 2014
My son always wants to take Legos with him in the car. Usually this results in something falling into some hard-to-reach crack. This is the perfect carrying case for the three smaller Lego Star Wars sets my son owns. The printed interior and exterior make it fun for him to incorporate into his imaginative play. He doesn't store his minifigures in the plentiful plastic pockets lining the inside of the case, but I think it's a nice touch.
on November 9, 2012
I bought this for my 7 year old for Christmas 2011. It is almost a year later and he still uses it all the time. It is small enough to fit easily in his backpack with his other things but big enough to carry a fair amount of Legos. He uses it to cart his Legos back and forth from our house to Grandma & Grandpa's. He also plays with it as a backdrop for his characters. I definitely recommend it.
on December 14, 2014
I bought this for a six year old little girl who loves Star Wars. I think she will love it. It's about the size of a lunchbox, the perfect size for the miniature lego set I bought her to go with it. It's a great price, and a must for a kid who loves Legos and/or Star Wars. It is very portable, and probably really good for smaller kids as it will be easy for them to carry around.
on January 10, 2013
My son, 9 1/2, is an expert LEGO builder and has a huge collection. Although this case is small, he loves it! It is small enough to bring almost anywhere (school backpack is a favorite) and he LOVES the designated spaces for minifigures. It has just enough room inside to fit enough pieces to stay busy with for a couple hours.
I would highly recommend this.