Oster CKSTGRFM40 Removable Plates Folding Griddle, Black
Style Name: Removable traysProduct Packaging: Standard PackagingChange
Price:$53.75 + Free shipping with Amazon Prime

Style Name: Removable traysProduct Packaging: Standard Packaging
I've owned one of these for about 7 years now; it's been a fairly decent griddle.

Pros:
1. Better-than-average, even heating.
2. Folds for storage - takes about the same space as a large waffle iron on end.
3. Two thermostats - so you can cook pancakes (high heat) on one side and eggs (low heat) on the other; or if you're making a couple of grilled cheese sandwiches you can heat just half.
4. Easy to clean - pop off the plates and they go in the dishwasher.

Cons:
1. It keeps falling apart - there are several screws that hold the two halves together; they stay snug for maybe 2 uses and then need to be re-tightened.
2. Plastic rim around the griddle plates has become brittle and is breaking.
3. If you loose or forget to use the grease cup that locks it open then it tends to fold unexpectedly when using.
4. Small hole for grease, complicated grease run-off system - tends to clog up.
5. The wide-open seam in the middle limits your cooking choices; it'll clog up and make a real mess if your pancake batter or egg runs into it.

Overall worth the price - especially when I see the exorbitant prices on plain-jane griddles these days. The folding mechanism causes some quirks, but if you can live with them the even heat, easy clean-up and minimal storage will win you over.
on August 7, 2013
Style Name: Removable traysProduct Packaging: Standard PackagingVerified Purchase
This is our second folding griddle. We had the identical one for 4 or 5 years: We used it to death! Actually, the plastic inside the knob housing crumbled and I can no longer adjust the temp. We love using this griddle at home, but we also take it with us to the cabin every summer! It comes in so handy! I love that the plates remove and can be washed in the dishwasher! It cooks very evenly as well. I can make 8 grilled cheese sandwiches at once and they are evenly browned. The plates are totally level, so pancake batter doesn't run! It stores with the plates installed so they don't get scratched, and it takes up less room in the cupboard than comparable "non-folding" griddles!

If 1/2 stars were available, I would knock this down to 4 1/2 stars for this reason: When you cook bacon or sausage, the grease somehow gets into the housing of the griddle, and then slowly leaks out while the unit is stored in the cupboard. Because I love the way this griddle cooks and folds to store, I put up with this quirk. I think because the grease is thick, that it "clings" to the underside of the plates at the drain holes, (instead of dripping straight down) and somehow gets inside that way. Granted, it's not a lot, but enough that I set the griddle on a couple of paper towels in the cupboard to catch the drips. I have since learned to strategically place tin foil under the plates where the grease collection troughs and drain holes are, which seems to prevent the problem.

A very sturdy and reliable appliance!
on November 24, 2012
Style Name: Removable traysProduct Packaging: Standard Packaging
I have very little space in my kitchen and get very spoiled during spring, summer and fall using my large outdoor George Foreman grill to make grilled veggies. You need a large surface if you want to have the veggies in a single layer and are making them for multiple people. I browsed some griddles on Amazon and was happy to see that there were models available that folded up. Lucky for me, I was able to get this exact model locally on sale.

When you take it out of the box, it's folded so I could see that it would fit nicely on my counter against the wall and leave me ample space for plates and whatnot when not in use. When the grill is opened it's bigger than I thought it would be but fits on the counter. I have an electric stove and burner covers right next to the counter so I can use that surface for plates and stuff.

As a test, I mixed up a small serving of fresh carrot chips, green beans, onion, a little bit of oil and some Mrs. Dash seasoning in a bag, shook it up and put one side of the grill. I only used one side for this test. I used a round cast iron bacon press on top of the veggies and they were sizzling pretty quickly. In about 12 minutes (I like them well done), I had a small plates of delicious veggies.

I cooked hot dogs for dinner on the grill today and used one side of the grill to heat the buns on low temperature. Again, I used the bacon press on the hot dogs and they came out crisp and dark on the outside but very juicy on the inside. Tomorrow is chop steak and grilled veggies.

Clean up was a breeze. After the veggies and the hot dogs, I turned off the grill and while still hot, took a wet paper towel and wiped down the surface. It cleaned up in snap. The plates are removable so unlike the Foreman grill, you pop off the plates, wash them and presto, you're done. I am loving this grill so far and if it continues to work as it does today, I'll be using it on a daily basis through the winter months.
on November 23, 2012
Style Name: Removable traysProduct Packaging: Standard Packaging
My wife wanted this for Christmas last year. It has come in so handy for cooking turkey burgers, hamburgers, and big breakfasts! This is an excellent griddle and is in perfect condition 1 year later after heavy use.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
Use this for our camping weekends. Small, practical, and very good for cooking breakfast meals, lunch sandwiches and burgers for supper. Easily cleaned, folds nicely to store in the camper. Highly recommend for anyone needing a griddle that stores in a small space.
on December 6, 2011
Style Name: Dishwasher safeProduct Packaging: Standard Packaging
We got this griddle being very excited that it was dishwasher safe and foldable. Those are the only good things about this griddle. The plug does not fully stay in the griddle and I have to push it up against a wall to hold it in place otherwise the plug falls out and the griddle doesn't work. Even when it is shoved up against a wall, the plug won't fully engage which causes a host of headaches. Another wonderful feature is that due to the folding mechanism, both sides do not heat evenly so one side will burn my pancakes, while the other side will not cook them. Overall this was a terrible buy and I would not recommend this product to anyone. It seems appealing because of storage, washing, etc. but lets face it, you want a griddle that works and this does not. If you've ordered it, keep your receipt and send it back. I foolishly threw mine away banking on the good name of Oster. I was sorely disappointed.
on November 23, 2013
Oster Griddle
Takes up very little storage space due to the folding mechanism. We like not needing so much room to store it. It cooks very evenly and makes delicious pancakes.
on October 30, 2013
I love that it folds in half making it easier to store. The griddle plates, which overlap so no grease can leak thru, are easily removed for cleaning in a sink.
on February 17, 2015
Been thinking about writing my first review for a while, but its time for a new griddle. If you use this griddle every other month and only cook pancakes, this is the griddle for you. Perfect the way the griddle plates come off and fit into a dishwasher. That is the only pro, oh and it worked hasn't quit working after two years.

Cons:
The drip pan is tiny. If whatever you cook doesn't get clogged up in the tiny drain holes, it will fill the drip pan in a flash. The drip pan is also the thing that keeps this griddle "rigid" (from folding back up) when you are cooking. If you have to move it while it's hot, I promise disaster will strike.
Each side has a different temp: If you set the dials to the same temp, they won't be the same. You must "learn" where to set each temp controller.
The griddle cooks unevenly. Since the super thin griddle plate sits on top an electric element, it doesn't heat up evenly. The edges are actually the hottest part
on November 12, 2014
Style Name: Dishwasher safeProduct Packaging: Standard PackagingVerified Purchase
Only one half of the griddle heated. Unfortunately I didn't get to return in time.

Your Recently Viewed Items and Featured Recommendations