Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Prime Music Sweepstakes egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals Indie for the Holidays in Prime Music Outdoor Deals on HTL

Size: 52 by 84-InchColor: BlackPackage Type: Standard PackagingChange

on September 12, 2013
first thing I want to get to are the cons! one person said "you can get other ones for cheaper with sets. that's a lie. it's 10 bucks more! and I saw worse reviews. these are seriously great curtain. I made the mistake thinking I am only getting two. it was for one curtain. so, I bought another one. the sun shines in my room for 9 hours straight. it gets really hot in here and the light is beyond bright. this really does make an insane difference. it does block out the noise from the freeway. but, not as much. still the light is completely gone. I saw a review saying these are not blackout curtains! SERIOUSLY? DID YOU NOT HANG THEM!?!? made me mad. these are totally doing the trick! glad I bought them...
review image
on April 22, 2012
I purchased these curtains for a room that faces south and has sun exposure throughout the day. During the summer months, it can get very warm and uncomfortable. The package arrived promptly with free 2-day shipping with Prime. (I highly recommend Prime membership if you order from Amazon frequently as it saves on shipping.) The color is absolutely perfect and neutral for my mishmash of colors in the room.

The difference between the old curtains and these are amazing. The Eclipse curtains block out most of the light and heat which comes through. I am very satisfied with the quality of these curtains. The only downside I found was these exact same curtains are $6 cheaper at my local Walmart. (So for a pair, I overspent $12.)

If you are looking for a moderate blackout curtain, then I would recommend these Eclipse Thermaweave curtains. For my needs they work perfectly.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 18, 2015
I have this strange obsession of making my bedroom extremely dark as possible because the sunlight blocks the way I sleep! :(
I was on the hunt and stumbled across 2 curtains on amazon that captured my interest. One of them was this one. I narrowed down the choices and decided in the end, to go for the cheaper alternative. I must admit, I was very skeptical in the beginning, based on the mixed reviews on here, but somebody posted a picture online on here in which they ordered the black color and she reassured the way it would reflect my decision. At first, I ordered 2, but they weren't enough. Recently I ordered 2 more so it would fit in nicely as proportioned. It's been a few days since everything is completely installed and I don't see any sunlight seeping through my room except the top corners, as seen in the picture shown. :)
It looks like a bat cave and I'm loving it! :)
Color: Black
review image
on February 5, 2012
These curtains are the forth pair I've purchased this week. Upon receiving these I've returned all the others. They are thick, darken the whole room, and look really nice. I'm looking now to see what other colors they come in for other rooms in our house. I sprayed water on them, put them in the dryer with a wet towel and all the packaging wrinkles came out.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 6, 2012
So I'm a genius and didn't read the fine print that says, "one panel." I only bought one panel because I didn't know curtains came one at a time. I mean, who just wants one panel? Anyway, my stupidity aside, these are the best curtains ever. No sunlight gets through my room, the material is to die for, and I just might get more to use for my darkroom.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 20, 2013
I like in a studio apartment, so space is a hot commodity for me. I'm also an avid musician and recording enthusiast, so half of my apartment has become my home studio. It's great for my productivity, but when I'm recording other people I have to sit very still and make no noise, because there's no doors between the main room and my desk area, just a doorway. I decided enough was enough, and searched for a good noise-cancelling curtain to hang in between. This was what I ended up picking, and I am 100% satisfied with my purchase.

The noise change is definitely noticeable. I can now move around while recording a take, even eat without worrying about messing up the sound. I wouldn't be confident enough to use my monitors with this, there would still be some bleed, but I can assure you just from using it while listening to loud music that the sound is definitely dampened in the other room. For regular use with a window, I'm sure outside noise becomes negligible.

An unexpected use of this was the temperature protection, or whatever you want to call it. My radiator is in the main room, and all of my equipment kind of acts as the heater of my little studio. But sometimes smoke can find it's way into the room...So the windows get cracked a bit. I don't mind the cold, so I never really cared, but when I started using this I noticed that my main room did not change in temperature one bit. Stepping from one side of the curtain to the other was a night and day temperature difference, literally. I was very impressed with that, and didn't even intend for that to be the case.

Overall, your use of this may be entirely different than mine, but I can still highly, HIGHLY recommend this. It is most definitely black, and I can assure you there's no light bleeding that I can notice, and the noise reduction and temperature maintenance is great. You can't go wrong.

UPDATE: 2 years later, I've expanded my set to include two of these curtains. I no longer live in a studio apartment, and my music studio now gets a standalone room! So I've had to change my approach to isolate sound when recording, but I now hang two of these blackout curtains in my bedroom so that I can wake up when I want to, not when that pesky sun wants me to! Great for people keeping odd schedules, people with cats that love the dark, people with music studio apartments, everyone!
on April 7, 2015
I'm disappointed. I am a photographer and video producer that needs a dark room for editing throughout the day. So having an optimum workspace is necessary since I don't want to work at night. So when I heard about blackout curtains I thought it could be the solution.

I purchased two of the black 84x52 for my bedroom. They do make it considerably darker in the room, however if I look directly at the curtain I can definitely see a little light coming through. They are also a bit shorter than advertised (50 by 81-Inch). I also was expecting a white side for facing outside because I saw a lot of reviews mentioning it but just to confirm this is BLACK on BLACK with no white lining. It's also mentioned in the instructions. I will be returning them because of the lack of the white outward facing. These will just soak in the sunlight and the black just looks horrible.

I then got the lighter color (because black just obsorbs heat) and my disappointment is now mixed with confusion. I thought this was a blackout curtain? This barely even blocks the direct sunlight and casts a nasty hue to the room that is unacceptable.

I think I need to go with a different company. This just isn't quality.
review image review image
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 22, 2014
I loved my eclipse therma back curtains until I washed them. I read the washing instruction on the tag and followed them. I washed 2 panels at a time on gentle cycle with cold water. I was shocked when I opened the washer up and found my curtains stuck in a ball with the white backing peeling off and sticking to the front of the curtains. I was unable to separate the curtains or even spread them out. I decided to go ahead and hand wash my additional 2 panels. They seemed to be ok until I hung them on the line. When I went to check on them an hour later the white backing had fused together. When I tired to separate them the backing peeled off. My kids have allergies so I have to have curtains that are washable. These curtains looked beautiful in my home and I am sad that they were poorly made and not functional.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 16, 2012
Great when you want a darken room. Blocks out 90-95% of the light and heat.
The "tabs" were unusual. I've used the grommet and tab types before, but light would come through the large holes of the grommets and the spaces between the tabs. For these curtain/drapes the rod slips through tabs on the back of top of the drape. I don't think I bought enough to give the "folded or pleated" look. I bought according to the width of coverage and does a fine job for that; another pair would have made it more full. They are fairly easy to slide back and forth to open in the daytime.
on May 6, 2015
These are total blackout curtains. After installing them I had to turn on the dinning room light in order to take a proper picture for it and it was in the afternoon! I'm very please with my purchase. They were also a bit longer than needed but it worked out. The order of pictures are before the curtain, after the curtain without the lights on and the last 3 with the lights on. I hope they give a nice visual. I have to add I bought the espresso, mushroom and black colors. The light you see on the mushroom color one is coming from the small kitchen window across it which has no curtains on it. I ended up having to wash one black panel because someone threw it in the trash but it washed nicely and dried the same. Please BE AWARE YOU ARE ONLY BUYING ONE PANEL!