Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Graco My Ride 65 LX Convertible Car Seat, Sonata (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro STEM

on May 10, 2012
This carseat is perfect for our little girl! She was just under 2 months old when we got it, and she is SO much more comfortable in this then in her infant seat (also a Graco). We went on a 3 hour car trip in it and she was so comfy the whole way and it has amazing buckles and an easy to adjust strap system...I LOVE IT!
on July 24, 2014
My daughter is very comfortable in this seat. It was easy to install in my Jeep Grand Cherokee. It is large and I am not sure how it would fit in a smaller size car. The fabric is plush and smooth which makes for a very comfortable feeling seat. The shoulder straps do not have covers on them and I do wish that they did as I feel that the straps can sometimes irritate her neck when we tighten the straps. The harness is very easy to buckle and unbuckle. The head rest and the small seat cushion are removable, which is nice since she needs them now but will eventually grow out of them. The design is girly without being overbearing. Overall, I would recommend this carseat to another family and I would buy another if needed.
on April 15, 2015
My kids start falling asleep as soon as they sit in it. They used it from birth to 4 years old... the one & only car seat you will ever need. Spacious and comfortable. Also neck support too. The best car seat.
on January 13, 2014
This seat kept my baby happy on several long trips. The material is soft and comfortable. Doesn't seem to make her sweat more than normal. She loves the cups. I usually stick toys in them for her to fish out. We have a Chevy Silverado and this seat fits in the back seat just fine. If you have a smaller vehicle, I would check the dimensions before buying. As for installation, I had my dad do it and then checked a few sources online to make sure everything was as it should be. There is a trick to belts and getting them to anchor the seat properly. If you have trouble, call around and find a fire dept that offers car sear help. It's a great seat for the money. Baby is happy with our selection.
on August 1, 2013
There are many points to consider with this car-seat. All good as far as we are concerned. (((UPDATE BELOW)))

Pros
1. It's large and comfortable for my 18 month old even rear facing. 2. it's easy to install and uninstall. 3. I love the way it hooks (it's easy to get my daughter in and out) 4. I love the extra padding that comes with it for the butt. 5. The color is great. 6. I had no trouble adjusting anything. 7. The price seemed equal to the quality. 8. The two cup holders on either side have proven a great asset. 9.It's big enough for when my child is ready to face forward.

Cons
It wobbles when rear facing using just the hook method that comes with it. When I go around curves the seat tilts. This drove me crazy at first. I loved the seat and didn't want to look for another. I fixed this by using the front facing hook system at the back of the head part(the hook that would normal hook in the back window when forward facing) to hook under the front of the vehicle seat. It was not meant to hook that way necessarily but it fixed the sliding around of the car-seat it's self, and made it much more secure. At least I don't feel like I'm about to dump my child in the floor.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update: September 2014.
Now that we've had the seat for a while, it's still a great seat but, it does have draw backs. One is that it's huge.The other major issue we've had, now that my daughter can talk, she says it hurts her back. I checked and sure enough the padding is so thin on the back it's like there's nothing there at all. We used the butt padding against the back to make it more comfortable. The fabric it's self is little more than just that; fabric. I certainly wouldn't say it's padded. I wonder now if all those times in the past when she was fussy about ridding was because the seat was making her uncomfortable. I just wish I would have known then, I could have put extra padding under the fabric. Over the years and through the kids we have gone through about 6 or 7 car seats. I hate switching seats so we bought one for everyone's car. So far this has to be the most thinly padded one we've had that I know of and the most aggravating to get her in and out of at 2.

We have flown with this seat twice, changing planes up to four times each way. It's huge but, it travels well so far and has not met with damage at all.

Also, now that my daughter is 2 and facing forward, it's to high and awkward for her to climb in and out of. If she's asleep, it's complicated to try to get her out without waking her. The seat sits to high for a forward facing seat. Though she loves it so she can see better. It's hard to keep clean. And since I keep her in the middle of the backseat cause it's the safest place, the seat does not like to sit there. It still slides around and though it's hooked everywhere it's supposed to hook and then some, it still sits at a tilt. It could just be my car. I have a Subaru Outback.

Some people have mentioned it's hard to get the kid in and out of because of the hooking system. My mom has the same problem, however, I have learned that if you press one side( this is the top hook not the main belt latching system) and then the other it comes open with no problems at all. I think it's supposed to work this way to keep the child from unhooking it themselves. It's definitely adult proof whether it is child proof in our case remains to be seen ash she does not yet try to get out herself. Over all we still like the seat, it's just to high and bulky.
on December 31, 2014
It works very well except for the top sides come up so high I can't reach my baby from the front if I needed to and can't see her in the rearview mirror because they're in the way. Otherwise my favorite thing is how easily the straps adjust when she's grown or is in bulkier or less bulky clothing. LOVE how easy that adjustment is!
on June 19, 2013
I got this car seat as a back up for my husband's car. The main seat we use is a Diono (very expensive but great safety ratings) which is in our Hyundai Tuscon. This Graco seat is installed rear facing in the center back seat of our Honda Accord. It is big, but that is not the issue we have with the seat. My daughter is 18 months and probably close to 25 pounds, and when she sits in it I cannot get the straps tight enough. I am very strict when it comes to the safety of my daughter, ESPECIALLY in the car. I have seen way too many horror videos about what happens if your child's seat is not properly installed. The rule is if you can pinch the shoulder straps then they are too loose, and both my husband and I are unable to get the straps tight enough. Thankfully there is a fire station down the road that inspects car seats, so we will be taking this to the next inspection and hope that they will be able to help us. Other than that we do not have any complaints (yet), but as I said this is only a back up seat and my daughter is only in it maybe once a week for a quick drive over to the grocery store.
on February 11, 2013
I just got this car seat for my 12 month old because she outgrew her Graco Snugride car seat. It fits in both our cars (a honda accord and a toyota 4runner) just as easily as the old one. It was easy enough to install, pretty straight forward following the manual. I did use a noodle underneath because of the tilt. She seems to be very comfortable and looks like she has lots of room to grow in. I haven't used the cup holders because she doesn't drink anything in the car yet, but that is a great plus.

So, my only negative so far is, as another reviewer stated, the button to loosen the straps is difficult to press because the seat back is in the way. Graco could have put it even a half inch higher and that would have been helpful.

Now if only I could figure out how to get her to stay asleep when I take her out to move her...
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 15, 2012
We recently purchased this car seat for our 20 month old daughter who hadn't quite grown out of her toddler seat but needed something a bit more comfy for a long car ride over the holidays. I will admit one of my main reasons for getting this seat was my familiarity and favor for Graco products but also for it's forward facing capabilities. Unfortunately I drive a 2001 Toyota Tundra extended cab which at the time was the biggest but does not have 4 full doors or the full back seat so we can't rear face. That being said it fit perfectly, I had it inspected at the local police department and they only had to tighten it a little. Our daughter loves seeing where we are going now, she sticks cups, snacks and small stuffed animals in her newly acquired cup holders and she seems to like and enjoy this new seat very well.
on July 8, 2015
This is a great product, once installed I feel very comfortable about the safety and I love that it get's us through most stages so we only have a need for this one car seat. The ONLY reason this doesn't have 5 stars is because taking this car seat out can be a challenge. The adjustable straps that go on either side of the seat and clip onto the metal rods [the ones that actually secure the seat into the care] don't adjust easily unless you leave some slack. If you don't secure it as tightly as it will go, it just doesn't feel secure so I NEVER leave slack on the straps and for that reason, it takes me a while to uninstall the car seat. Since it's so bulky, it's also a pain to switch from car to car so we have been contemplating getting a different one to give to the grandparents so when she's visiting, we don't have to uninstall this beast. I didn't take off another star because I expected the bulkiness though since it's used for multiple stages. So if it weren't for those difficult straps, this would be 5 stars!