Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Fitness Magazine
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro STEM

on December 29, 2012
Supposedly there is a 30 day free trial for this magazine, however, all I can view in the app is the covers with an option to purchase each issue at $2.99. Not very impressive free trial. I emailed Amazon and was referred to the application maker. So far, after 24 hours, I haven't heard a response. In Amazon's defense, I did get a response from them within a few hours.
on October 12, 2012
I receive a daily news letter from fitness magazine. It has links to all of the articles from the magazine. One day it had a link to allow me to read the magazine on my kindle for free. I clicked on the link, downloaded the app for free and when I tried to use it, it told me I had to buy the magazine. So I have a useless app now on my kindle that I was mislead to believe I could use. Why do I get their daily news letter for free with links for free to all of the articles, but not be allowed to use this app unless I subscribe to the magazine and have a customer number to submit????

I would not have even given it one star, but then, it would have been thought that I had only forgotten to rate it.
11 comment|107 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 30, 2011
I have a subscription to this magazine but my library is always blank in the app. Pretty useless because I cant view anything.
on November 16, 2012
Would like to give a zero. ordered but was never able to actually view the magazine. Was a waste of my time.
on December 8, 2011
I have been a subscriber to Fitness Magazine for years. I downloaded the app, put in my name & address so it could identify me as a subscriber. Then to log in you have to have a Fitness.com account which I did. Enter your email & password & the current edition is there for you to download. Format is set up well, beautiful pictures & easy to read articles. The only cons are that you can't download older editions and the price is much higher than the paper editions. I can get a 2 to 3 year paper subscription for $20.00. So I will be keeping the paper version & downloading them onto my kindle fire until the kindle price comes way down.
33 comments|148 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 17, 2012
I have tried unsuccessfully to get the magazines to appear in this app even after trying. trouble shooting guidelines. No help from customer service. Very frustrating experince. Skip this.
0Comment|123 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 15, 2012
I was excited to get this app tor my fire. When I downloaded it it would not let me sign in or download any magazines. I tried many times to sign in and register and got nothing. If its this hard and frustrating just to register how bad is it going to be to get the actual magazine! I deleted it because I'm definitely not paying for something this worthless.
on October 15, 2013
I have a subscription to this magazine. I read it from front to back. I like when they feature various exercise moves and how to perform them. I feel this magazine is geared more towards runners, like information featured each month about running shoes, socks, clothes, and backpacks. Fitness is so much more than running. I wish they featured more articles about hiking, walking, aerobics, strength training and even yoga. How about how to get fit when you are limited on what you can do? I have fibromyalgia and would love fitness suggestions on what would be recommended for me to do to stay fit.
on August 29, 2012
Just updated to Fitness Magazine app version 2.6.0.31.53207 on my kindle fire, and it is horrible compared to the previous version.
1. All old issues disappeared and have to be downloaded again in the new format.
2. The new format has each issue of the magazine at 300 MB each! Takes forever to download, and then each one has to "install" which takes another few minutes.
3. Used to be able to flip through pages with ease, it was great! Now it is painfully slow to flip through pages, and there are ads, ads, ads! You have to tap the edge of each ad to make them go away, you can't just flip by them. Then you get to read one page, and it's more ads!
4. As slow as this is, it seems like it's probably using a lot more CPU, which will drain the battery faster, not to mention the memory it's using. If I downloaded 12 issues onto my device to read offline, that would be 3.6 GB, which would use up most of the Kindle Fire's available storage space for downloads.

I couldn't investigate further, because it was so frustrating. PLEASE roll back this update and let your paying subscribers once again have the ability to read your magazines electronically. I know you're all excited about the money you could get from selling these ads, but you're going to end up with a horrible rating on your app, and who is going to advertise with you if your app has a 1-star rating and everyone says they hate it?

I gave up on this app and uninstalled it.
on August 22, 2012
Downloaded this morning and could not get past the subscription verification. Couldn't log in. every time I tried to click the top left to log in nothing happened. SUCKS!