Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: 10k White Gold and Oval Gemstone Pendant Necklace, 18"
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

Price:$97.96 - $206.31+ Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on February 13, 2009
The pendant is BEAUTIFUL, but the chain is MUCH too fine and when this arrived the chain was HOPELESSLY tangled in a ball and caught in two places between the stone and the setting. Tried for a long time to untangle it, but to no avail. Afraid of breaking it; opted for a replacement, only to find it out of stock and a refund as my only option. This was to be a gift, so cutting this chain and buying another would have been far over our gift budget. In short, stones are clear, bright and full of sparkle. Setting is heavy and nice in detail; chain is too fine, but would be pretty, if not in a tangled mess. I wish Amazon would find a better way to package pendants with chains.
on December 8, 2011
I LOVE sapphires (all gems in general). I have purchased loose natural stones in the past as well as synthetic stones of various quality. Based on my experience, this pendant is an excellent value, provided you're buying this pendant because you want a large high quality synthetic sapphire. If you are looking for a simple pendant that emphasizes the stone over elaborate design, you'll be very pleased. The 10k white gold setting has four double prongs to hold the stone in place and it appears to be well made. The stone itself is lovely. I would estimate the main stone to be around 8.5 carats. The color, at least on mine, is an inky dark blue. The color is evenly disbursed and the stone is transparent. The hue is a bit darker than I prefer, but that's a matter of taste--I prefer the lighter cornflower blue. That said, I think this stone has the look the average consumer thinks of when they think blue sapphire. It's the kind of look you'll see in fine jewelry. The stone displays excellent brilliance. It has a nice bright appearance, but it doesn't look too glassy--which is great because some synthtics look a little too bright. I am sure the cut is performed by machine, but it looks very good, not professionally hand cut, but better than I would expect from a synthetic in a $100.00 pendant. The cut beats most stones you'll find in a department store like Macy's.

I am sure this is a flame diffusion stone, which is the cheapest process for producing synthetic sapphires, but whoever Amazon is sourcing from has the process down pat. This is the best looking flame diffusion stone that I have seen. There are higher grade synthetics out there--Chathum comes to mind--but an equivalent size Chathum flux grown stone will cost in excess of $2500 wholesale at a minimum. Side by side you would notice the difference in quality, but it's far from a $2,400.00 difference. Dollar for dollar you cannot beat this pendant.

Now, I see a lot of people killing this pendant because of the chain. This is a $100 pendant made with 10k gold. At the moment, gold is selling for around $1,700.00 an ounce. What exactly are these people expecting? Amazon obviously had to make some choices and compromises with this product. If you like the pendant and you're getting it for yourself or your wife, I would buy it with the expectation that you will need to upgrade the chain--within one you already own are a stronger one. I personally opted to purchase a 14k 2mm diamond cut rope chain to go with it and it looks great. You can get the same look for around $40 if you go with silver instead. If you're gifting this to someone and you want to keep the price at $100.00, you can use the chain Amazon provides. It's there so you have the option to give this pendant as a $100 gift. That's basically it. It's definitely not a chain that you can expect to use everyday without having a problem. As far as tangles go, I had no issues with mine. It comes in a nice gift box. Just pull the sticker off the bottom of the box and it's ready for Christmas.

If you're want a simple pendant with a nice looking sapphire on a budget, you can't do better than this. Check out other pendants from Amazon and other vendors in the Amazon Market place--check out ebay as well--and see what they are selling similar style pendants for. Their prices are more than double or triple what Amazon is charging. Maybe there are some difference that justify a higher price--14k setting instead of 10k??--but I doubt those small difference justify doubling or tripling the prices they are asking.

In conclusion, this is another great product from the Amazon Collection and I give it five stars!
on December 7, 2009
The pendant is very beautiful, the color is a little lighter than expected, but it's still a pretty blue. Just like the other purchaser, the chain came to me in a big knot, and I have yet to get it out. The necklace comes in a pouch, so of course the chain will be tangled. I hope I do not have to cut it! The pendant is of good quality (nice weight), and it makes a beautiful gift. The packaging does the jewelry no justice.
on February 13, 2015
This pendant was purchased for my sister's wedding. I'm not a gemologist nor do I know anything about the jewels. The price was exceptional which made me question the quality. I knew that I wasn't purchasing a heirloom quality piece and I am happy with what I received. I did notice that the jewel has air bubbles. I read online that this might indicate that the jewel is synthetic; however, as I said I'm not looking to buy "family jewels", I think that it will work out just fine. All of the women at work think that it is beautiful. One other flaw, the back side of the jewel has a rough edge where the cut slopes in and can be seen through the face of the jewel. This could be the reason why the price point was lower. It isn't noticeable unless you look close, and my skepticism regarding the piece made me look close. I believe it is nice for the price.
review image
on September 4, 2010
My necklace just arrived as scheduled 5 minutes ago and I am so happy with it! It is even bigger and more beautiful than the picture. I had ordered a ring from another seller and was disappointed that the sapphire in the ring was much smaller and darker than pictured. But this necklace is every bit as pretty as its picture and then some. I was worried that the chain might be tangled when I opened it but it wasn't. Everything was in perfect condition and I can't wait to wear it out.
on December 8, 2011
Absolutely beautiful. I had seen some concern about the chain being tangled but it arrived in a very nice box and inside the box was a sweet case suitable for fine jewelery. The chain was free of any tangles, it is delicate but it makes it more fitting for a fine lady. You can't go wrong with gift.
on May 6, 2012
Initially, I was a little hesitant to buy the pendant because of the reviews on the chain as well as the condition and size of the stone. Let me tell you folks...it is exactly what I wanted and MORE than I expected! The stone is a great color! It is a dark, yet clear blue and about the size of a bigger that average pinky nail. It is ALMOST too dark, but I love it! It is a little dark for a Sapphire but it is not purple or black. As far as the chain goes, it is a little thin but remember people, the entire get up is $100. I may or may not replace the chain. I like the thin design because, from a distance, it is almost as though the pendant 'floats' around the neck. As long as it doesn't break, I will not replace it. As far as the chain being tied in a huge mess of a knot...mine wasn't. It took all of 10 seconds to undo a few loops, but no knots. I think this is mainly caused by the shipping, but again, not a big deal at all. The package arrived in mint condition. Inside was the necklace in a velvety box typical of any jewelry box. This box was placed inside a nice blue cardboard box...typical of any jewelry purchased. These two boxes were wrapped in bubble wrap and securely placed inside the shipping box so as not to slide around. USPS delivered mine in 3 days without any upgraded shipping. I am 100% happy with my first purchase of jewelry via the internet.

I ordered this for my wife for her first Mother's Day. Our 7 month old daughter's birthstone is Sapphire. I CANNOT WAIT to give it to her!

AWESOME JOB BY EVERY PARTY INVOLVED!

Feel free to comment with questions and I will gladly respond!
on December 19, 2011
Beautiful, faceted, exactly like the picture and unlike other reviews, this was not tangled in the slightest. Son bought for his GF who squealed and cried and turned into a puddle of goo she loved it so much. Not a single complaint.
on October 31, 2014
I don't understand the description, as the title says that it's created emerald or created saphire, but then the detailed information further down the page says that it's synthetic, and not lab created. Lab created = a real gem that was created in a lab of the same material as natural stones, vs synthetic = fake materials meant to look like the real gem, but of an entirely different substance (eg. glass, etc.)
So is this lab created emerald or synthetic?
on December 25, 2012
Beautiful....with some flaws. But for the price point, really, I didn't expect this to be flawless. And overall the flaws are drowned out by stunning beauty. When I received the pendant I was taken aback by the sheer size of the sapphire. Created or not, this stone is large. I did inspect it carefully and I found myself noticing a few chip flaws on some of the points of the stone in the right light. That said, you tend not to notice them normally as you are simply drawn to the deep blue color and the size of the stone. The chain is very thin as other have said, and I do worry about the simple small loops that connect to the clasps. The benefit to the small chain however, is that the pendant seems to float magically on the neckline. In the end the best judge of the purchase is the one receiving it. The first piece of jewelry that I bought my wife was a sapphire ring over 10 years ago. Somewhere along the way I bought her a set of earrings. Now this pendent today completes the set. She loved it. Amazon does it again!

See 1 answered question