Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on December 28, 2011
Reader's Digest should be ashamed. The only "free" thing here is the app to buy an issue or subscription. Many free 14 day trials are clear in their offering. I also assumed I would be able to utilize my paper subscription after seeing the ad in my December issue, but I cannot. I still love my paper RD, but I am disappointed in them here on my Kindle Fire.
77 comments|522 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 8, 2012
I have talked to Amazon people and Reader Digest people and still cannot get the yearly subscription to work. I do not want to pay $2.99 each month. What I have says yearly subscription for $14.99, but the only choices I am given are $2.99 for one issue. I want to give it 0 stars, but that is not an option.
on November 18, 2011
This is VERY disappointing. After the new Kindle Fire I found that my existing Readers Digest Kindle subscription is not available on the Kindle Fire. Since I also have the Kindle Keyboard (used for outside reading) I am now forced to choose a different subscription rather than read the Readers Digest editions on the device of my choosing. Of course Amazon has been promoting the ability to move between Kindle devices for years but someone has decided to find a new way to double-up their subscription fees shutting down the ability to have one subscription for all of your kindle devices. No thanks!

Amazon or the publisher need to resolve this issue to maintain customers. Amazon or the publisher need to resolve this issue to maintain customers. Stop requiring two subscriptions and I will adjust my rating to 5 stars.
1212 comments|381 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 8, 2012
I have the Time magazine app. it allows you to use the code from the label of the print magazine to also read it on the fire.

the readers digest doesn't allow that. All the app is just an ad for a subscription. If I wanted a subscription I would buy one.

I have both in print format, because I get them for my mom who likes paper magazines.

come on, readers digest. do the same as Time! They clearly are a better company.
44 comments|71 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 16, 2012
Like others, i was super excited at the THOUGHT of utilizing my paper subscription on my kindle fire as i do with my People subscription. No Dice!!! They want you to buy another subscription which sucks!!!
11 comment|69 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 8, 2012
I did not even download the ap. Readers Digest is one of the few Mag's to which we subscribe and I was happy to see this ap. The one star comes from having to pay a separate subscription price.
on November 18, 2011
Love the way the Reader's Digest is presented here. The pictures look so good! It's easy to either read straight through or go where you want in the magazine. I'll warn you, it does take a few minutes to get used to the controls, but once you do, it's quite nice. They even have an easy way to read all the humor first (which I haven't tried yet).

You swipe to turn pages, and when you get to an article, you pull the page up to read it. In other words, each article is only on one page, but it might be a very long page. There are a lot of interactive features available, including video.

There are three ways to move to a particular article, there's a vertical listing with a thumbnail and description, much like a regular table of contents. There's a horizontal listing which shows the articles and their relative length (looks a lot like a bar chart). And there's a slider on the bottom which brings up thumbnails as you flip though. These are on bars that appear when you tap on a page--just make sure you're on a non-active part of the page, or you might find that you've started a video instead. :-) I was practicing on the table of contents page, where if you tap you go to the article. Needless to say I got unexpected behavior until I realized what I was doing.

You get a 14 day free trial. If you decide to cancel, go to "Your Account" > "Your Apps and Devices" and click on "Your Subscriptions". On the "actions" drop-down button that's on the right, choose "Turn off auto-renewal". You get to finish out the trial period, but it will not renew and it will not charge you.

I highly recommend you try this wonderful magazine!
0Comment|179 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 14, 2012
I didn't read all the fine print for this download. I have a paper subscription to Reader's Digest and expected the e-magazine to be included free like Wired and Time. Sadly, it was not so I never paid to use it. It may be great and I might try it when my paper subscription runs out.
on April 1, 2012
free to install. buy monthly to read. give me a subscription based option up front, not install then get hit with it.
on December 28, 2011
I was very excited to find this app, but when I subscribed I was told that it is not compatible with the kindle fire. Very disappointed. I wanted to give it 0 stars but Amazon forces yo.u to give at least 1.