Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

on February 9, 2012
My daughter learned all her letters and sounds at 19 months watching Letter Factory once a day for 3 weeks so I was interested in getting her a number video. I rented Numbers Ahoy to see what I thought since it had mixed reviews. I wasn't impressed as it's mostly about plot and little about counting or numbers but Numberland is much more focused on numbers and counting. We've had it less than a week and she's already starting to count things and she's only 20 months old! It's basic only focusing on numbers (1-10), counting, and a little skip counting but simple and focused is what works at a young age. Might not be as helpful for a 3 or 4 year old who can already count. As a bonus there's a vowel song from one of the other Leapfrog videos at the end as an advertisement and my daughter loves the song!
55 comments| 82 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
My boys love Leapfrog products and the few letter DVDs we have seen from Leapfrog, so I figured this DVD would be a hit as well. "Numberland" is a DVD that features the fun characters from Leapfrog products, but also numbers 1-10. It is a perfect first counting DVD for kids to learn from and it fits nicely with the other Leapfrog products. Throughout the DVD the numbers 1-10 are repeated and re-arranged over and over, but not in a boring way. The DVD makes kids think too because it puts the numbers in different orders, has them answer which number is missing and so forth. The animation is bright, colorful and kid-friendly. While this DVD is only 35 minutes, my boys don't mind watching it over and over again! The DVD states its for 2-6 year olds, and my boys are 3 and 5 and love it.
on January 18, 2014
My two love watching Leap Frog, Letter Factory - they are two. I got this from the library to see if I should buy it next but it was too easy for them and they got bored watching it. If your child can count to ten, this is not worth buying.
on February 4, 2012
This is a numbers video for ages 2-5 years with the Leapfrog dogs--Scout and Violet! My 2 year old daughter and 4 year old son absolutely love this video. They have watched it a bunch of times now, totally glued. They sing along with it now too. It does a great review of counting to 10, counting by 2's, and counting different objects.
on August 25, 2015
I scoured the options on Amazon for quality counting videos. I taught elementary school for 9+ years so I have high expectations. I saw quite a few positive review for Numberland on here, so I bit the bullet and ordered it for my 2 year old. I can say I love this video. The songs are catchy, my son loves to watch it. I find the songs to be catchy too. sometimes kids shows can have annoying songs, but these aren't bad at all. I happen to be very restrictive compared to most parents when it comes to TV time.

Perhaps because I am an educator I liked the bonus feature that explains the mathematical concepts presented from an educational perspective. Number theory and all that jazz!

If you are comparing this to Numbers Ahoy, I would go with this one, Numberland. I watched Numbers Ahoy and there isn't as much educational value to it.
on March 11, 2014
Wonderful fit, for what I require in a product and I think this product is worth the price and when it comes to saving, Amazon is GREAT! ON A SCALE 1-10 the product rate as a 10, highly recommend, overall this is a great product.
on March 5, 2015
My kids love watching this, but the voices are incredibly annoying. Like, really, really, REALLY annoying. Think high-pitched falsetto throughout the entire film. This would be *so* much better if Leapfrog simply changed the voices.
on February 22, 2012
This is a great DVD to teach your child numbers. It is repetitive in that they go over th numbers a lot of times and it sticks with you. The characters are all cute, but the only thing I don't get is Max, the monkey. Why did they think it was necessary to have this monkey (who hardly looks like a monkey in my opinion) with an English accent I am not sure. Are they trying to tech 2-year olds that people have different accents and come from different countries, if so, I think it is a little too early and maybe somewhat confusing to the child. Nevertheless. this is a minor remark that I have but I love the DVD format and songs and my daughter likes it too.
on January 30, 2016
This is a beautiful video! Very well made.
It emphasizes the counting from 1 to 10, and to a lesser extent counting by two from 1 to 10. My 3 stars are because it only counts up to 10. I think it is too simple for a 5 year old and even for my 2 year old that already counts to 20.
on November 10, 2015
My daughter has learned a lot from leap pad videos and she loves the songs! She already knew her numbers before we rented this from family video on a whim, but she loved it so much and asked for it constantly so I had to make the purchase!