Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now Sale

Material Type: GlassSize: Pack of 1Change

on December 24, 2014
This plate exploded into chunks and sprayed small shards of glass several feet while it sat on an elevated cookie rack cooling. This was only its second use making pumpkin pies. We had to discard all of our food on the counter top. This is an unsafe product. We’ll shop for German products next time.
review image
11 comment35 of 36 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 28, 2013
This new design by Pyrex is unusual and good. The rim looks pretty and makes it clear the pie is homemade but doesn't interfere with a good crust formation. Unfortunately this is a nine and half inch plate which plays havoc with certain recipes. The volume is actually slightly more than a standard Pyrex 10 inch pie dish and about the same as a standard Pyrex 9 inch deep dish.
0Comment24 of 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 14, 2014
My wife had this pie plate for about a year. She made a few awesome apple pies. They were truly amazing. So much so, that I requested for an apple pie on our anniversary. She lovingly made an apple pie and pulled it out of the oven. We let it cool until it was manageable. Finally i started cutting into the crisp crust filled with delicious apple and cinnamon filling and all of the sudden, BOOM!

The entire pie pan exploded. I was extremely upset. It was a ruined pie. Upon research, we found out the Pyrex no longer makes their pans out of borosilicate, which keeps the glass strong under heat. There are numerous cases of Pyrex pans exploding if you look them up. I am extremely disappointed with Pyrex and will no longer buy from them. They have sacrificed the quality of their product in order to make more money.

I suggest that you don't buy this either. There is no reason for apples pies to suffer like mine did.
11 comment28 of 31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 1, 2014
Update 7/13/14: I'm buying a second of these pie dishes today because it's been such a great addition to the kitchen! And for some reason buying 2 dishes separately ($12) is cheaper than buying 2 together ($18). I am so happy with this purchase!

After reading "Mastering the Art of French Cooking" by the late, great Julia Child, I had a hankering for some quiche. I have an extremely small kitchen, though, so I like to purchase items that can multitask. After researching the options on Amazon, I figured this pie plate would serve well as a pie, quiche and gratin plate. Thus far I have not been disappointed.

The plate arrived wrapped in several layers of bubble wrap, and after a quick cleaning it was ready for use. The plate was larger than I had imagined it, but the inside diameter is 9.5 inches (the outer rim adds a couple inches). I baked a simple gratin the next morning (eggs, milk, bacon, cheese, chives) which turned out really well. There was no need to butter the dish, the food slipped out easily, and clean up was a breeze.

It's great that this plate is made of glass - my husband can use a metal knife to sneak a slice of chocolate pie, and I don't have to worry about a non-stick surface getting scratched. Definitely happy I made this purchase.
on December 25, 2013
I am so happy with this pie plate, it looks pretty, has the extended surface for the crust to flow over, does the job perfectly. And it's so cheap! Love it. Highly recommend.
on December 4, 2013
This said in the description it came with a snap on lid and in fact it did not. Other than that it's fine, but the lid was one of the main reasons we ordered.
0Comment13 of 17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 18, 2014
Good quality pie plate. I measured it to hold 5 cups of liquid without a crust. I have not used it yet, but that was essential in picking a recipe
on February 14, 2014
Everyone needs a neutral colored - clear- pie plate. This was a Christmas gift for my daughter-in-law who did not have enough pie plates at Thanksgiving for all the pies we baked - now she does.
on May 20, 2014
This pie plate seems a bit oversized. I kept it, but would like it better if it were not so large.
on September 18, 2014
fantastic pie plate, larger then I anticipated, double your recipe fillings to fill this pie plate............. I love buttermilk pies, for me the standard recipes are way too sweet but i do love the richness, for this plate I double the recipe, still cutting the sugar and I just slice thinner wedges. it makes fantastic mountain high apple pies, and quiche. the crust come out fantastic, crisp, perfectly browned...............
77 comments1 of 1 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse