Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Color: Brown|Change

on June 18, 2012
This is the matching floor saver to ALPS Mountaineering Chaos 3 Tent 3-Person 3-Season. It wasn't as thick as I anticipated but it fits the tent perfectly and seems like a solid investment. It contains four holes for the tent poles and four clips that can be attached directly to the Chaos 3's rain fly, I find it help keeps the whole tent together nicely and keeps the floor saver from moving. It is also possible to use the floor saver with just the rain fly to make a small protected shelter without the tent set up inside of it, I question how useful this feature is but its still nice to have the option.
on September 11, 2015
I bought this to go with the Marmot Aspen 3 person tent that Dicks Sporting Goods sells. I saw a review on Dick's site that said this footprint would work with that tent. It does - fits perfect.

Just carried it on a 4 day Trek where we forded the Conasauga River 55 times and camped 3 nights.

It was wet and gooey every night. This floor saver footprint worked perfect. Rocks and sticks were held at bay, tent floor dry. I am very happy with the purchase.
on March 8, 2014
In a perfect world, all tents would come with footprints.
Pros: fits the Chaos 3 by ALPS perfectly. has the incredibly cool feature of connecting directly into the tent fly (without the tent). can be used for ultralight camping with just the fly and/or in rainy weather you can set up the fly BEFORE you set up the tent, thus avoiding getting soaked and getting the tent soaked. This is actually very easy - we practiced this at home and it was surprisingly fast and not cumbersome at all.
Cons: I cannot figure out why this doesn't come with the tent. It was actually difficult to find. (thank you amazon) The grommets on the footprint, where they meet the poles, are slightly loose when the tent is set up, they can easily fall out, but when the fly is on this is a non issue.
on May 8, 2013
Fits the Chaos 3 perfectly. I like that it has clips for the tent fly and the same grommets for the poles, which ensures that the floor saver sits in exactly the same place as your tent. It is the same material as the floor of the tent, which is not an issue unless you plan on throwing up your tent on some really rough terrain, but it is not a heavy duty tarp / canvas.

Pros
-Fits Chaos3 Tent Perfectly
-Grommets and Fly clips make ensure exacting setup for tent

Cons
-Same material as tent floor (not really a con, just something to be aware of)
on November 14, 2014
Works well to protect the bottom of the tent, but would have liked it to have been waterproof. If it rains super hard then the moisture will seep through. Works well though and matches up with the tent perfectly.
on May 13, 2014
I have to say this is a glorified tarp. It does fit perfectly but as some have said the tent should come with this automatically. I didn't test this in wet conditions to can't speak to whether it helps in that regard. Overall I'm pleased with the purchase because it's very compact, fits in the existing bag for the tent and I don't need a separate tarp.
on June 24, 2014
This floor saver is a must if you are getting the Alps Chaos 3 tent. It is a perfect fit, that lines and protects your tent floor. The tent pole tips fit right through both the connection holes in the tent and this floor to make it a perfect fit. I just fold the floor saver up with the tent, it makes no noticeable increase in weight or size. Then you can use the included floor bag for holding smaller items in your hiking pack. Highly recommend!
on September 6, 2013
It is light, it is made exactly for a Chaos 3 tent. It snaps to the bottom of the tent perfectly and you can throw it into your tent bag without any problems. There is no downside to having this accompany your Chaos 3 tent. If you spend money on a solid tent then you should spend a little more for much added protection.
on November 15, 2013
Like others have said this is made out of the same material as the tent floor. It is light weight so it can be added without to much of a noticeable difference to pack weight. It comes with its own bag but I roll it up with the rain fly and poles in the supplied bag the tent comes in. You can use the rain fly and poles to set up the tent in the rain and keep the tent dry. First time I have bought a footprint for a tent so right now its a 5. If I test out other ones, I'll update the review.
on April 7, 2013
I've been wanting this for some time now. I set up my Chaos 3 in the living room and used the new ground cloth and rain fly.
You can actually set the tent up and take it down in full cover. I can't wait to actually use it for real camping.