Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: ESSENCE Magazine (Kindle Tablet Edition)
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Melvins Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

on August 7, 2012
Easy to subscribe to, easy to read and no paper. Love it I already enjoy reading Essence and now that I have it on my Kindle I now have more flexibility to carry reading material when I'm on the go. Thanks Essence for making it affordable and easy.
An Amazon.com official commented on the review below
on December 26, 2011
I wish they had a way to just order the magazine on just my kindle. For this app you need to put your paper subscription info in to read on your kindle.
11 comment|133 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
An Amazon.com official commented on this review (What's this?)
Dear Amazon customer, digital subscriptions for ESSENCE Magazine are now available on Kindle Fire, and can be purchased from within the app.
on October 1, 2012
Good app for subscribers, only drawback is that you have to sign in again and again to use. Very clear pic on Kindle.
0Comment|82 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 20, 2012
I just wanted to give my feedback on this Essence App as some of the reviews made me apprehensive.

Yes, you do have to have a paper subscription to the Essence Magazine. But, it costs no extra by having it AND the edition to the Kindle Fire. I am just going to have my paper copy sent to my mother while I enjoy the magazine on my Fire. I'm new to the Fire; so I thought it would be difficult to add the app. But, it was easy breezy....you just enter your address and email upon Essence receiving your subscription.

I ordered my subscription on Amazon & was told it would be 2 weeks before I could utilize on my Fire. Wrong! Within 2 business days...I logged onto Essence.com & they had my subscription in their system. 1-2-3 easy....and I am not very tech savvy; so it was just what I had hoped. The mag look great by the way. I LOVE my Kindle Fire so far.
on June 26, 2012
If you are a current print subscriber this is totally free to you. Quick download with extra features you can't get with printed magazine. If you are not a current print subscriber, you can still buy magazines on your device with the app... You can't go wrong either way! Plus it looks great on the Kindle Fire. Happy reading.
on April 18, 2013
This is my third subscription app for my kindle. Well, the first two allowed me to subcribe to the magazine for specific use for my kindle. This app requires a subscription to the magazine. Which is fine considering I do have a subscription. However, the capability of the app is poor. I cannot bookmark pages. Whenever you go into the app, log in is required. Each time you get in, the magazine starts from the beginning instead of the last page viewed.

Additional work needed on this app.
on December 29, 2012
I've been an Essence subscriber on and off since its inception so when I bought a Kindle Fire, Essence was one of the first magazines I tried to download. I got an offer to do so in my email. So I followed the instructions in the email, one of which was to create a userid and password. Then I tried to download it onto my Kindle. It was a train wreck! First it kept overtyping my userid, name, etc with other words. My niece (another Kindle user) helped me get around that. When I finally downloaded it, I could only get the cover page and table of contents. My niece told me that perhaps my subscription had expired. Given that I was out of town at the time, I couldn't check. But if my subscription had expired, why in the heck was I send an offer to download an issue of Essence for free??? Plus I was trying to download the latest issue (with Alicia Keys on the cover) that I had already received in the mail! This was not a good way to start using the Kindle. Subsequent efforts to download magazines went much better!
on January 2, 2012
This app was free to access with my essence subscription. I love it because my girls always take off with my essence whether I'm done reading it or not. This way, I can keep it for myself & share it at the same time. Launching this app did take up more of my time than I would have liked though. It requires that you enter your subscription # or address along with billing zip & email. Then you must create a password. You then must go to the library within the app and download the current issue. My digital mags are much less complicated to get into. However, I gave this app five stars because once all of the work is done the mag itself is flawless. It looks amazing on my kindle fire & actually covers the screen from top to bottom with no "void" on the top or bottom of each page like my other digital mags. If you have a subscription already & want to save some space in your handbag getting this FREE app is a no brainer.
on June 20, 2013
I already deleted this from my kindle, again I wish the app makers would stop using deceptive advertisement you are under the impression you are getting Essence magazines when all it is a subscription app.
on April 29, 2013
This is a great way to view your magazines. It's so echo friendly, as well. The colors are so clear and bright. It doesn't have a bookmark but it has a feature to go to contents and select the section you want to read. It also has a page viewer which shows a picture of the pages that you can tap on to take you to it. It also allows you to enlarge a spot on the picture for a magnified view. No more clutter or carrying around heavy books because you can store them all on your tablet. Digital magazine's are so convenient.