Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Doodle Jump Christmas Special
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on December 20, 2011
Probably nothing new to the Doodle Jump game series other than having holiday theming. I have the original Doodle Jump on my phone & decided to go for this Christmas Special version for my Kindle Fire. No problems running it; graphics look nice and gameplay seems smooth. I don't regret buying it but if you've already got Doodle Jump on your device, it might not be worth it to you.
on December 30, 2012
I got this as a FAOTD a couple weeks ago I think, so I didn't waste my money on this. Butttt.... I'm not quite sure it would actually be worth it to pay money for it. I mean, yes it is super cute and Christmas themes which is really great but the original Doodle Jump does have a Christmas theme. But hey if you want the complete Christmas theme and stuff :) then I would say it's worth it! :) Oh and also Doodle Jump on the Kindle Fire is not the best but hey it's a classic! (for me at least ;D ) Haha well overall I say only get it if you want to go all out for Christmas then go for it!!! It is a good game:)
on March 2, 2013
If you've played Doodle Jump, put on your hat and scarf for this snow-covered version of a great game! There's really nothing new about this one, it's basically just Doodle Jump Christmas style. Still, if you're into Doodle Jump and you've got some Christmas spirit, this is an enjoyable way to pass the time. Personally I love Christmas time and really enjoy this festive version of one of my favorite games.
Game play:
This is a cute game and I don't own the original for my Kindle Fire so I am happy. As you jump you tilt the tablet and it guides the jumper from left to right across the screen make sure to land on a secure landing spot and you will keep going up. Land on a weak piece of ice and you will fall. You can try to land on ice pads that have a spring on them or a trampoline so you can jump higher. As you go up the landing pads below you disappear so don't miss a pad and expect to fall down and find one.

Some ice platforms have a monster on them so avoid them too! They also move back and forth across the screen. You get less and less ice pads as you move up so practice your moving from side to side. You can shoot snow balls out of your nose and kill the monsters. Tap on the right of the screen and shoot right and up and tap on the left to shoot left and up. It is hard to aim and play at the same time! I love the rocket ride!

Main screen:
* Play
* Scores - keeps your high scores
* Options - directional shooting on/off, about, sounds, snow, Facebook on/off, calibrate auto/manual and menu.
* Whatever you do, don't touch the monster!

What I like:
The game is amazingly simple but fun. The graphics are cute and the special effects sounds are well done. This is a fun game and I enjoy playing it. It is a cute time waster and it is easy to learn and play.

What I don't like:
This is really a fun game but there are a few issues. After every game you get a button to submit your score to Facebook. In addition the network access is open and collects your device ID. My only suggestion is to turn your WIFI off or set your parental controls to keep your children off of your Facebook account. You may have to set your device into airplane mode.

Summary:
This is a very fun game and a great FAOTD. The graphics are cute and the game is fun and simple. It is a definite keeper and you should download it while it is free. This is a 5 star app.

Size: The uncompressed size is 6.15 MB.
Permissions:
* Network communications - full internet access
* Phone calls - read Kindle state and identity
* System tools - prevent Kindle from sleeping
* Network communication - view network state
* Hardware controls - control vibrator
on February 21, 2013
it is one of the really awesome game I found on amazon... smooth I found it on app of the day... so got the ad free version for free... I am not sure if the default game itself is add free or not.... but I like the game... the colors are very soothing... and the sensitivity of the game is really amazing...
on January 26, 2013
Excellent app that everyone should own. Fun whether you're bored or not. What I don't care for is the fact that you cannot delete players from the roster. Otherwise, I haven't had any issues as of yet.
It's our beloved Doodle Jump in a new HD version for the Kindle Fire. The HD graphics are superb on the Fire's screen. Don't miss the Grinch on the menu page. Touch him, and... well, you'll see what happens (it's electrifying).

The Options page gives you several choices, such as to use OpenFeint, to post scores on Facebook, sound on/off, snow on/off, and to turn directional shooting on or off. There's also a Calibrate option - auto or manual.

Playing this version of Doodle Jump is pretty much like other versions. The goal here is to take the Doodler to the North Pole. I haven't reached there yet (I don't know if you can ever reach it - the game is endless, I think), but it's challenging fun trying to improve your best score. The accelerometer in the Kindle Fire works well in guiding the Doodler when you tilt the Fire. In this Christmas version, the Doodler is shooting snowballs at the baddies. As with other versions of Doodle Jump, you're looking for power-ups like springs, trampolines, and jetpacks, and trying to either avoid the monsters or kill them.

This is a definite "must have" app for Doodle Jump fans with Kindle Fires.
on December 28, 2012
This was my first app for my new Kindle Fire HD that I got for Christmas. I had been playing the game on the iPod Touch small screen for a few weeks and had really enjoyed the game so thought it would be awesome on the larger screen.

I was really disappointed to find out that it didn't have the presents to collect so you could buy new abilities with the points from the presents. I was used to collecting the points up and get a resurrect power and a rocket as well as costumes.

Also it didn't have the ice storm that turns you to ice or the hail stones being pelted at you to knock you off the platforms.

Without these the game is pretty much the same as the original version.
on December 25, 2012
Works good on Galaxy SII phone and Galaxy Note 10.1. The drawback to this kind of game is there are no levels to achieve. You either succeed and the level becomes progressivelly harder, or you die and start over. Either way, when you die, you start over. All you can do is try to achieve exceeding your last high score. If you want to knock off 5 minutes of time (or keep your child occupied for the same period of time), this is the game. Just a feeling, I can't bring myself to give it that 5th star.
on December 24, 2012
The game itself was actually very nice. The graphics were very good and I couldn't see a problem. But Id also like to point out that it is exactly the same as the original Christmas. If you already have original don't spend an extra dollar on this. I got it for free app of the day.