Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Friedrich SS14N10 14,000 btu - 115 volt - 9.7 EER Kuhl series Wi-Fi Capable room air conditioner
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Jake Owen Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on August 15, 2012
I just got the SS14N10 and it was install by a pro every thing was nicely installed and the unit is fantastic.
Cooled a large room with 8 server grade computers pushing out lots of heat. Oh lets add my NYC apt is facing south and gets direct sun to boot!
How about that! This unit got the room to 70 with no problem.
When I came home it was NICE!!!!
One day I drop it to 60 and see how it handles that!
I consider my apt the worse nightmare that any AC unit can deal with.
So I have no complaints at all
The compressor slight hum is with in limits that is OK for it's size you can't expect a unit to be that quiet.
I have more noise from my 6 Apple server then this AC unit!

This unit is WiFi ready it is an option you have to buy I have yet to see that and wished it came with it for free.
Any way hope that I don't regret this review I doubt I will I've had a top end unit before and it lasted a long long time....

Update I installed the Wifi option very easy setup and you can access it from any web browser. I installed the app on my iPhone and that works great to set it before I get home.
I may get a smaller unit for the bedroom as it has passed the test.
You can't go wrong with this unit.
review image review image
on May 27, 2016
This machine was a dog to set up. The wifi link ((sold separately) required two people to set up. One to hold down three buttons on the main panel while at the same time someone had to unplug the unit and plug it back in to the wall. With only two hands, this is impossible to do alone. Apparently this is how the unit is reset. OK, I got passed that. The wifi link is also complicated to set up and requires about 30-45 minutes to complete for each unit. What this does is it allows you to control your units from you phone. You can turn them on and off remotely. This is a huge help since setting up the timer on the units main panel requires an unfortunate and difficult array of steps. To set the timer on the unit itself, you have to hold down two button at the same time, then push another button and then enter your turn off and turn on time. Seriously, this could have been made easier. I am very tech savvy and I found this setup to be annoying. Finally when everything was working correctly (and believe me, this was not easy), you will run into problems where you will have to complete the set up process again. I have two units (total cost $2,400) plus the cost of the wifi connector. When Friedrich has one of their system outages (and they have had several in a single year), you will notice one or both of your machines will drop off the wifi network. You now have to reinstall them from scratch. The reason this is a problem is because the units are designed to communicate with the Friedrich servers. So you essentially communicate through their servers to communicate with your units. Even if you are standing in front of it. So you are at their disposal when they have a system problem.

I think the units are good (not great because the unit is very noisy). They do cool off the house, but the setup process is painfully annoying. It shouldn't have to be. You can call their customer service department (they have limited hours) and they can walk you through the setup albeit a bit grudgingly because it takes so much time. Yesterday afternoon, I noticed that one of my units fell off the network again. This makes it unable to control remotely. I decided to call customer service and basically got told to reset the unit. With the rep on the phone I tried to enter the information required. Who keeps all their serial numbers, registration ID's etc.. handy? You better put all information about this unit in a safe place, you will need it. The wifi unit also haas its own id numbers that you will need handy. When several attempts too reset it did not work, the rep said to me "Well, I don't know what to tell you". Imagine that? It was at this point I realized I was screwed and would just have to get used to using my units manually by turning them on and off at the front panel.

I am very disappointed in this unit and I waited a decent amount of time before reviewing it to be fair and give the machine a chance to work.

As much as I have always liked Friedrich models, if I had to do this all over again, I would not have purchased these units. I have to come home to a sizzling hot house because I cannot get these units to setup properly to use remotely which is the main reason I purchased them.

I think I wold have done better with much cheaper AC's that have timer setups that are designed for dopes like me.