on August 23, 2012
Like any pre-built PC these days, this computer arrived neatly packed with a keyboard, mouse and the tower. After an initial inspection, this PC is not identical to the one show in the images given for it. The images show the computer has a separate video display adapter, which it does not. I was pleasantly surprised to find a WiFi adapter was included.

The Windows Experience Index (1.0 to 7.9) is 3.9 out of the box. The score is derived from the lowest score in several critical computer functions:

7.3 : Processor
7.3 : Memory (RAM)
3.9 : Graphics
5.2 : Gaming Graphics
5.9 : Disk Data transfer rate

After installing a EVGA GeForce GT 430 1024 MB DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 2DVI/Mini-HDMI Graphics Card, 01G-P3-1431-KR, the new index score is 5.9 and the following updates to the above list:

6.7 : Graphics
6.7 : Gaming Graphics

When considering this PC for upgrade, it has to be considered that many high end video cards require external power source. The power supply included is only 300 watts.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
This is a great basic computer. It has a nice processor, enough memory for regular use, and a large 7200 RPM Hard Drive for fast reading/writing. It is great. I set it up for an internal Web Server (using IIS) and it works great. You can easily access the files and have multiple connections with no problem. The computer has a built in WiFi card which was nice (not using it, but nice to know it is there). It is small and does not take up much room. It just sits there quietly and works perfectly delivering Web content to inner network computers asking for it.

In the end this is a great computer, it has a great price tag and works great for the price. I personally need a little more power for my regular computer usage, but for a simple Web server the Quad Core processor, 6GB of Memory and 7200 RPM Hard Drive make this great (also great for basic computer users as well)!!
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on March 17, 2012
I bought this computer after my HP finally died. I had a lot of trouble in the last few years with HP but was leary of trying Dell. I decided to give it a try since the price was a good one and it should have more than adequate for my basic computer needs. Within one week I noticed a problem with Windows 7 (preloaded) locking up (freezing?) and all desktop icons disappearing. I did a hard shutdown, my only choice since everything locks up. It starts up fine...all icons back. I turned my back for 10 minutes and the icons were gone again and I had to do another hard shutdown. Over the last week I have tried to fix this by going to the Windows 7 website...they refer me the manufacturer's website. Dells website indicates their top needed solution is for my very problem so I was glad they have apparently noticed there is a problem and they fixed it. Wrong. I followed all the steps suggested and, it anything, it seems to lockup even more...just my perception, I'm sure. I am not a computer literate person. It turns out even when this computer is working, Windows 7 presents a lot of problems for me since half of my loved programs (Outlook 2000) plus a host of less important programs don't work with Windows 7. My mistake. I could live with all the incompatible program problems, but I can't live with a computer that won't stay on. I am going to try a little longer to see if there are any fixes for this problem, but feel I'm going to have to return it to Amazon, a hazzle I really didn't want.

Be wary of this one.
99 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...