Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Mad Catz Street Fighter X Tekken - FightPad SD - Chun-Li & Cammy V.S. Julia & Bob for Xbox 360
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on April 22, 2013
While this fight pad has great size and helps a lot with fighting games like SSF4, its has a glaring issue. Yeah, as others mentioned before the diagonals go after extended us. I thought it was something I did while playing SSF4 as I could barely jump forward or crouch and block. Silly me I bought a second on when Amazon had a sale only to realise that the problem was not with me.

Right now I use the WWE Fight Pad from the same manufacturer and its 100% better. The pad is not prone to missing diagonal inputs like the SFxT pads.
on February 2, 2014
I've been looking for a decent pad for my PC fighting needs, and came across this one. It says it's for the 360 but you can install it and use it on your PC. My PC didn't install the drivers at first, which worried me, but I just manually installed the driver myself and the controller works great now. As for the controller itself, here's my review:

The design is awesome. I got it for Julia as she is one of my favorite characters from Tekken. The controller is a bit small in my hands, but not enough to cause discomfort. The buttons feel nice, but the triggers feel kind of cheap. The controller itself feels light and a little cheap as well. The main reason I got this controller was for it's D pad as the original 360's D pad is horrid and it makes fighting games a pain in the ass to play. The D pad on this controller is way better, but not the best. The D pad itself feels cheap, and almost feels like you could break it over a short time. Let's see how it holds up. Overall, it makes fighting games on the PC playable and fun but the quality of the pad makes me question how long it will last.
on November 17, 2014
Nervous at first, Madcatz doesn't exactly make the bets stuff which is why most of it is so cheap but this controller has held out and done so pretty well with quite a lot of online and offline button mashing.
on January 26, 2014
OK, I have been burned by Mad Catz before, but I thought I would see if times have changed since I haven't bought a Mad Catz product since GameCube. Alas, I think not. What really burns me, is that this is clearly marketed toward a fan base that is going to have some experience with controllers and fighting games of course, so did they think Street Fighter or Tekken does not require diagonals? GOOD LUCK WITH THAT. When you pull off a simple d/f+1 you found this pile of junks sweet spot. U/F moves are just impossible. Seriously, don't even consider a dragon uppercut. Mad Catz should seriously be ashamed to release this, and Capcon and Namco should sue them for misuse of image and branding. Mad Catz, tip, have your engineers take apart a Playstation ONE controller, and copy it, or even an nes controller would suffice. In closing, just spend the money and get a fight stick or you might write your first review ever like I just did.
on January 6, 2015
Got this gamepad because I really don't enjoy the Xbox 360 controllers for fighting games. Also never got into the whole arcade stick deal. Works well, gotta get use to the D-pad since it feels really loose compared to the D-pads of PS3 and 360 controllers.
on February 2, 2015
This a small and comfortable fighting pad, works great for PC and Xbox 360 games. Can be used with emulators and doujin fighters, but some games don't have some of the triggers detected.

Warning: Not made for big hands.
on June 14, 2014
I bought this because I loathe the Xbox 360 controller. Even though it's not wireless or bigger than the average controller, it's perfect for playing Tekken games. It took a lil adjusting but other than that I can't really complain.
on February 1, 2013
I love the d-pad on this controller. It is the answer to 360's regular controller not being fighting game friendly. contrary to previous reviews, I don't feel difference between the d-pad and the Super Street Fighter IV model. I like the fact it's smaller, find it more manageable in my hands than the SSFIV one, and definitely better than a regular 360 controller. I won't give it 5 stars because on the basis that at the end of the day, PS3 still has the better d-pad for fighters
on May 19, 2013
For fighting games it's a must if your not going with a full on joystick. The d-pad on the 360 controller has always been trash and is unresponsive to the standards of most fighting games and so this was an alternative. I also have the larger older model which this one is smaller and so I would caution anyone with larger hands as it can cause you to cramp up after a bit.
on April 5, 2013
So I picked this up to be more portable than a fighting stick. We play fighting games in the office over lunch and this is my weapon. The artwork and covering are nice but it didn't really matter to me. The finish is fine but maybe a little bit too polished like if you played for a few hours it would get slick. The buttons, responses and layout are all in line with the price point / design. Everything feels responsive and correct when playing the games. Now if only it made me better at the games. I need to work on my ground / footsie way more. I tend to come at guys from the air and the better ones know enough counters that I can't catch them by surprise.