Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Progress Lighting P3939-09 Inspire Collection 2-Light Semi-Flushmount, Brushed Nickel
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on September 28, 2015
Product image is misleading. The bottom of the shade has an opaque plastic cover which is held fairly loosely with three tabs. These tabs are clearly visible on the actual product, but invisible on the product image. I included a picture of the tabs. I shortened the rod on my fixture so that it can sit closer to the ceiling. I think the light looks better closer to the ceiling. Shortening the rod is easy if you are handy and have a cut off tool. The quality of the light is on par with any other made in china light you will find at your big box hardware store. You can also buy adaptors so you can use normal bulbs. No idea why the light manufacturer chose to use obscure bulbs. Not a bad light, but a little bit cheap looking. If the seller had used an actual honest image of the product I would have given it 4 stars.
review image review image review image review image review image review image
on May 1, 2013
It's a great looking light. Small, but just right for our small guest bathroom. I did buy adapters to use standard fitting bulbs but didn't use them as our hardware store had a sale on bulbs that fit this light so I used them. Note the size of the shade. It looks thick in the shot but it actually only measures 4.5". Great for me, but my partner was expecting a thicker shade based on the pic.

Update: the base that holds the plastic cover to hide the bulbs keeps falling. There are only two little brackets rather than three. I called Amazon and they sent me a replacement, but the defect was on that shade as well.
on December 13, 2013
Beautiful lamp and good price. Be sure to purchase two GU24 to E26/E27 Adapters as this light does not take standard bulbs.
on February 19, 2016
I bought this light fixture on accident. Didn't realize I purchased it until it showed up on my doorstep. I think I was browsing Amazon on my phone and clicked the buy it now feature. Anyways I ended up loving this and buying another one for the other side of the bedroom. It's classy and understated. Just what I was looking for. My husband put it up so I can't comment on ease of installation. He's never put up a light fixture before though and it didn't take him very long, so I would say it's fairly simple. Would recommend!
review image
on November 16, 2012
I was excited to find this light because it looked exactly like I had imagined putting into our 3 bedrooms. The linen cover is nice (a light tan, not white) and it's easy to install. The down side is that the light cover preventing you from looking at the light bulbs is plastic. I had really hoped it would be frosted glass (it doesn't say either way in the product description). I ordered only 1 because I wanted to see it before buying the other 2 but because of the plastic I'm now debating buying them. I've tried looking for replacement covers that are glass but so far no luck. If you don't mind the plastic cover this light is nice for a transitional/traditional style decor.
on September 15, 2013
This fixture is as described. I agree with the other reviewers that the fabric on the shade should be described as khaki instead of white. When the light is on it looks like a dark khaki, even a little yellowish color. I read the reviews and was expecting this so I don't mind it but you may want to keep that in mind if you prefer the shade to appear white with the light on. The filter for the base is made of strong plastic. I was concerned about this; however, when I tried to put it in place I dropped the filter on the floor so now I'm thinking plastic may have been a better option for me. :-) There is a shiny white side and a frosted white side so you could choose whichever you prefer to have showing. The bulbs were easily found at a national chain home improvement store and provide more than enough light in my large dining room. This is a very good product for a very small price.
on October 16, 2012
This is just what we needed for a flush mount fixture in our entryway. Our its just the right length for the space and the exact right color. The bottom is a plain white cover held in by tabs, but the outside is a beautiful linen. The fixture requires special bulbs, found at the hardware store.
on October 5, 2014
These take a few minutes to "warm up" but when they do they're great. We used these in 3 bedrooms (all around 12x12) & @ first I thought that they didn't give off enough light & was going to return them. I gave it a few minutes for the bulbs to warm up though & we decided to keep them.
on April 30, 2016
I've been using this for a year now with no issues. The shade is opaque enough to cast a soft light in our bedroom.

We did need to buy an adapter so it can be used with regular light bulbs. We went with the one another reviewer had mentioned. 2-Pack GU24 to E26 / E27 Adapters, JACKYLED Converts your Pin Base Fixture (GU24) to Standard Screw-in Bulb Socket (E26/E27),Maximum Wattage 1000W,200℃ Heat Resistant,No Fire Hazard
on August 21, 2015
Put this in a shower that has 10+ ceiling. it is perfect for it. A believe you always always get what you pay for and this is an inexpensive light that up close looks inexpensive..... UP HIGH.... it looks fantastic :-). It throws out enough light if you kick up the bulbs to 100w equivalent - outdoor white light for a shower or to read fine print. If needed another one would reorder