Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Amethyst Jewelry Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

Package Quantity: 1Size: AChange

on March 12, 2012
If you liked the old USA made Swing-Away can openers, this is the one you want! After buying junk chinese knock off can openers for the past few years that have to be replaced after using them a few times, I searched everywhere for an old Swing Away brand can opener like the ones that used to last a lifetime but they too are now made in China and after a few uses, will become worthless. After searching, I found the EZ-Duz-It brand can opener that is made right here in the USA using all quality components, right down to the tool hardened cutting wheel and gears. There have been no hick-ups on any can, large or small, that I have tried this on. It grips the can and smoothly cuts it perfectly all the way around without ever getting off track or chewing up the can edge. It's so good, that I ordered three just in case because finding quality like this is more of an exception rather than a rule now days. A word of caution, like any fine cutting tool, I would not recommend placing it in the dishwasher.
review image
1010 comments263 of 272 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 22, 2012
I was looking for a replacement for my 30 year old Sw!ng@way handheld. It seems the old name has moved their manufacturing to another country and the quality suffered greatly.

These are made in the same plant as the originals. These ARE the originals.

I got the extra padded handle model and it's very nice. Works great, just like the ones we remember from our childhood.

I'd buy another one. When this one wears out in another 30 years.

Fall 2014...

Still working perfectly. I expect it to last many many years. Looking at recent comments, this one has the geared drive wheel and cutter.
11 comment104 of 108 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 28, 2015
Fraud!! Item that was shipped to me has no gear driving the blade as shown in the 2nd picture. Nor does it have a nut to replace the cutting blade. The picture is false advertising. Opener cuts halfway around can and stops.
review image
55 comments43 of 45 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 19, 2013
We had recently purchased two EZ-Duz-It can openers, one directly from Amazon (EZ-DUZ-IT Deluxe Can Opener with Black Grips) and the other from Moon Walk (fulfilled by Amazon). The one from Amazon is exactly what we had expected: high-quality construction, gears that turn the blade when the handle is turned, etc. Whereas, the one from Moon Walk is flimsy, almost half the weight, doesn't have gears, does not open a full 180 degrees, and, because the parts are loosely assembled, does not open cans very well. So, BUYER BEWARE and buy directly from Amazon.
1010 comments185 of 213 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 1, 2012
Made in USA! Because the long popular Swing-Away brand is now made in China, I switched to the Ez-Duz-It brand made in the St. Louis, MO area. Beautiful product highly recommended.
0Comment44 of 49 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 20, 2015
A serious counterfeit product here. I didn't really realize until after the 60 day return limit because my wife does most of the 'can opening' around the house. About 60 days after I bought it, I went to open something and it was not easy at all, I had to wrap a rag around the handle just to turn with out pain and even after that my wrist was sore for a day. That is when I started to research. The model I got looks nothing like what is pictured. It does not have the bottle opener part or the matching gear set that turns the top circle blade. It also has really chip rivets holding it together. It says 'EZ-DUZ-IT' and made in USA on the handle just like the image, yet everything else looks just like the image of a made in China 'Swing-a-Way' model that is for sell on Ebay and I attached a pic from the ebay auction (red arrow points to "made in china")
review image
0Comment25 of 27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 25, 2013
I bought a Made in USA EZ-DUZ-IT can opener from Amazon in the past and it is great. I ordered another one for our camping box. I hated the one I received and returned it. Even though it was stamped EZ-DUZ-IT and Made in USA it was made much cheaper than the one I previously received. It was not as shown in the picture on the website. The one in the picture has a toothed wheel behind the cutting wheel and the cutting wheel is secured with some sort of nut. The one I received has no toothed wheel and the cutter looks like it's riveted on. The whole opener is smaller and much lighter. Maybe it was not the "deluxe" model, I don't know but I know I didn't like it and sent it back.
44 comments69 of 82 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 15, 2012
Well, if you are reading this, then you are looking for an opener in this price range. This IS THE ONE. Very well built, opens everything large and small, a total quality product. Stay away from the swing-a-way stuff, Chinese junk now.

How this can be less than 5 stars is beyond me. I mean some complain of comfort of a can opener, or a smell of the grips??? This takes less than 5 seconds to open a can of veggies and a grip smell, it smelled "new", not bad at all, but this is really really really nit-picky for $7

USA made, they are not kidding!!!
0Comment75 of 91 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 23, 2014
Absolute Junk! I normally don't get this furious with poorly made products that are $9 but seriously - this is a freaking can opener! I have had the product for 3 weeks and mainly use it (well tried to use it) to open cat food cans. It worked as you would expect a can opener to work for about 3 cans and then stopped being able to punch through the cans but still sort of worked to cut the lid off. Now after 3 weeks (10 cans) it has stopped working entirely. It just spins around the can without so much as an indentation in the lid. It has also begun to rust.

Now how difficult is it to make a simple tool that has been around for over a hundred years? I mean seriously! The makers of this product should be ashamed at their incompetency. Please do not buy this and continue to support a company that makes such shoddy products. It's just an insult to us consumers.
on September 18, 2013
This can opener seems like a standard opener, but it seems so "tight" that it is difficult to spin the handle. I have tried loosening my grip, but then the can does not get cut. Even my wife agrees that it hurts to spin the handle.
I had an old can opener that was no frill, like this, but that one was KitchenAide and had a larger plastic handle. If this one had the larger handle, I would rate it higher.
Update -
The can opener broke. It no longer "grips" the can and instead spins in place. I have changed the rating to 1 star because of this. This opener lasted all of 3 months, maybe opening 50 cans?
33 comments27 of 31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse