Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Bob Dylan Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation

on February 3, 2013
I found out that all pearls that most people can afford to buy these days both salt or fresh water are cultured. What that means is they insert a tiny bead inside the shell and the critter builds upon layer on layer on it to produce a pearl.
My wife said she loved this set and that was all that mattered to me.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
These fresh water pearls have a lovely sheen and lustre. They have a weight to them so they feel substantial. The pearls are strung on silk, a positive aspect compared to pearls strung on elastic. Spacer beads are between each slightly pink fresh water pearl. The included earrings are a nice addition.

It would have been nice if the silk string was knotted between the pearls or spacer beads. This is important because if the string breaks they all slide off. Many of the better pearl makers put a knot between the beads so that if the string breaks you only lose one pearl. I've heard that you have to get pearls re-strung if you keep them for a long time, or want to hand them down to a younger generation.

A few pearls showed small signs of milling but not noticeable for the most part.

These are appropriate for elegant events. Pearls seem to be the "go to" jewelry for fancy occasions. You can't go wrong with these pearls for an elegant accessory.

My wife received a couple compliments when she wore these to a wedding. Which is always nice. She wore them long with a larks head style knot loop at the bottom.
VINE VOICEon May 15, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
My set of fresh water pearls came with a pink tint. They were nice to look at, though the egg-shaped beads, at least in my opinion, aren't as attractive as more uniformly round beads that admittedly cost a lot more. They obviously did try to match size/shape, but some beads were mis-shapen, even factoring in the egg shape.

Some beads weren't as smooth (like small pock marks in them, but still with the pearly glaze)as I expected. They did feel a little heavy at first, but after a while, I barely noticed them.

Overall, they were an OK piece of jewelry. I would buy them for myself, but not necessarily as a gift since not everyone would understand that freshwater pearls aren't going to be your stereotypical round shape and they may be disappointed in color/shape of the string they'd receive.
VINE VOICEon May 9, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I have to say, I love this pearl necklace/earring set. As you can probably tell from the promo shots, this set has large freshwater creamy pearls, separated by smaller more peachy pink pearls. As these are freshwater, the pearls are mostly round and mostly the same size. There are some imperfections, but I still really love this strand of pearls. The necklace specifically is great for adding a bit of class to a basic top, as well as a great accessory for your glam'd up night out. While the product photo shows this in the two strand style, you can also wear this as one longs strand. There's a definite feeling of weight to this necklace-- something that I prefer in my jewelry. When wearing these out, I received a lot of compliments on them.

The earrings are a nice size and not too heavy. Of the two pieces, I'll be wearing these less, but for a night out? This duo (necklace/earrings) is a good option!
VINE VOICEon June 21, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I get so many compliments when I wear this necklace. It's got a clasp so you can adjust the length, which makes it easy to wear with a variety of necklines. The earrings are small and pretty. It's well made and goes with so much, which means it doesn't sit in my jewelry box...I wear it all the time.
on December 26, 2012
I bought these pearls as a gift for my adult daughter. The pearls are very pretty, heavy, and have a nice lustre. She was thrilled and she's picky! Very good value for the price!
VINE VOICEon April 26, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Of all the gemstones, pearls -classy and timeless - have forever been my favorites to present to the loves and infatuations of my life. Intuitively, as a barely domesticated cro magnon, there is something about being in the company of a person adorned in an elegant strand that I hope will reflect upon me. This set is neither extravagant in presentation nor excruciating in expense but it will be appreciated by anyone who receives it.

The 40'' string is versatile as it can be arranged and worn in variety of styles. The larger cream colored pearls with somewhat of a rosy undertone off -round assortment, vary in size from approximately 6mm to 10mm. Alternatively strung with much smaller irregularly shaped pearls that appear to have a deep taupe hue, to the naked eye most of the beads in this collection have easily discernible nacre surface markings or abrasions however I don't believe they significantly detract from the appeal of this accessory. The oval shaped sterling silver clasp which has a locking safety clip is a little underwhelming as it appears to be surprisingly dull, closer to brushed steel than silver in my opinion.

While overall luster may not be considered brilliant, there is a sheen that should be satisfactory for all but the most discriminating potential purchasers. The earrings feature a matching cream hued bead of about 9mm accompanied by two of the smaller taupe toned beads mounted on sterling silver hooks. The larger pearls of the earrings do not appear to have as deep a rose undertone as the necklace beads but that should not be a concern as the contrast is not clearly discernible unless the pieces are side by side.
on March 18, 2013
The pearls of the necklace are too big and they do not look elegant. On the other hand, the earrings are very pretty.