Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Hunger Games Movie Mockingjay Prop Rep Pin
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Price:$5.60+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on March 15, 2012
My wife is happy with this because it is actually metal, not painted plastic. It has a high level of detail (ex, feathers on the bird) and surprisingly heavy, about the same as a dollar coin. Usually replica props from China are junk, but this pin can survive a closeup on the big screen.
Edit: Got a question about the color, so think of a penny that has been in circulation for 5 - 10 years. That's close.
22 comments|158 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 20, 2012
NOT a plastic waste of money! Made out of durable metal that shows no signs that it will ever bend without heavy machinery involved! I was kind of worried about that considering the skinny shapes, but this thing is rock hard. Also the pin itself is very thick and sharp, and it even clicks when the backing connects all the way! Would definitely recommend this item.
11 comment|93 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 17, 2012
Just got this in the mail today!
It's metal! I gotta say, I was pretty surprised since I was expecting it to be plastic. It's a good heavy weight, and the metal brushed nicely. The detailing is wonderful, and there are no awkward pieces of jagged scraps hanging off of it. My only concern is that the pin on the back seems to be in a spot that makes it hang a little off center.
Overall, I love it.
22 comments|56 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 31, 2012
I bought the pin here, since at Hot Topic its sold out. If you notice the wings of the mockingjay, to be an authentically real pin, the wings of the bird have to reach out of the circle just a little bit. Guess what? This one does, the weight is good you don't feel it, it's made of durable metal, which means it will endure any fall or being thrown. The circle around the bird should be about half mm bigger than a US quarter. The packaging was well done and safe and inside it was secure. The third picture shown that has the pin, the plastic packaging, and has the words NECA on the top right corner are exactly what you will see and receive if you order it. I advise you to buy it, it's amazing, and please if you're crazy over the Hunger Games, you should have at least read the first book until now and don't turn this into Twilight as in go Team Peeta or Team Gale, the Hunger Games is more than a love story, its about freedom and rebellion. May the odds be ever in your favor.
on February 23, 2012
I bought this at Hot Topic for $12. I love mine. It's not flimsy and I'm not scared that if I move it may break. Do not spend over double for the same thing. How can the manufactures even think about selling it for this price? The End.
99 comments|69 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 3, 2014
I bought this pin to go on my Katnis Cowl that I bought on Etsy. I thought this pin would have a safety-pin like back, however it's the other kind. Because of the pin style I had to adjust how it went on my cowl but it still works perfectly! it's high quality metal, not flimsy plastic, so I feel it will hold up really well!
review image review image
on March 31, 2012
We ordered this for our daughter, who loved the book and shoots archery. She had a big tourney this weekend and Amazon shipped it overnight so she could have it on her quiver during shooting. It looks just like the one in the movie, and she shot her new personal best!

Oh, and as an aside, stop complaining about the cost of the pin! And stop rating the item lower based on cost. If you don't like the cost, go ahead and say something about it in your review, but give *'s based on the product quality, not because you're upset that Amazon's version cost more.
on February 24, 2012
I was looking to buy one of these pins on ebay and spend around $60. I had checked Amazon a few times and all I found was a similar pin for a lot of money. So I decided to check again and was amazed that they had this pin! It wasn't in stock so I had to pre-order it. But that was no problem for the price. I see now the price is a more than what I paid. I bought two (one for my sister and I) and only $11.99 each. The pins came today and they are AWESOME! I cannot wait to wear this to the midnight showing of The Hunger Games!
66 comments|27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
It was one of our kids' birthday present to his sister and I couldn't believe how happy it made her.

Everything is right about this pin. It's solid metal with a worn-out look, the size is right and it stands for all the good and right things in life: friendship, love, loyalty, sacrifice, courage, freedom, rebellion, defiance.

Watch the movie, read the books.
on June 28, 2012
This pin came in the mail today, much to my delight. Here's what I love about it:

-The pin seems to be true to size when compared to images of Katniss handling it in the movie.
-It's made of metal, not plastic, and it has a nice weight to it; heavy enough to feel real, not too heavy for everyday use.

Now, putting that aside for a moment, here are the things that you might take a moment to consider if you're trying to make up your mind about which Mockingkjay replica you'd like to have.

-The product I have in my hand and the products in the customer photos are *not* the same, but they seem to be of comparable quality. Mine came in a small plastic bag with a printed label on it, not in the NECA bag.
-This pin is very beautiful and very bright. If you're looking for a darker, grittier replica, the one I have in my hand is not the way to go. Of course, it seems the item you receive from this order may be distinctly different from the item I've received in mine depending on when you order it.

I am personally very pleased with the product. As a collector of pins, it seems to me to be well made and sturdy enough to go on my jacket and not in my pin box. I'll come back in a few weeks and let you know how it holds out in terms of durability. Until then, I strongly recommend this pin to anyone, of any age, looking for a little piece of Katniss.