Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

on August 31, 2013
Well I liked him better than I did Devon or Rafe, but that is not saying a lot. LOL!!! I do like how he did not say he did not love her but that he did not want to love her. I know when the heroine is hurting that that does not mean anything but at least he did not deny her completely. Also, there was a reviewer who said something about not being able to tell the sex of the baby at 3 months of pregnancy and how the heroine and hero would not be able to find out, that is true but she was not 3 months pregnant. They had their one night stand and then WEEKS later she found out she was pregnant. She then told him she needed space for a while and a couple of weeks later, he started to baby her for a FEW months. There were then WEEKS in between where she told him to stop and the sonogram. My estimation is that she was right at 5 months if not a week before. They also did not give the reader a lot of interaction between the main characters. We were told weeks passed and months passed but not shown what was happening. Then we get told scraps of what Cam did during those periods of time so I did not feel the love. I did like the opening scenes and getting caught up with everyone was good as well. The last chapter and epilogue were REALLY mushy!!! Also, the phrase of "go big or go home" is EXTREMELY AGGRAVATING!!!! I have read them all back to back and hearing that phrase over and over again except in Ryan's book was annoying!!!! It was okay to read. This is not a book I would have bought if I had not started to read the series and decided I needed to finish it!
on May 1, 2012
This book, I can say - as someone who read more than one Maya Banks books - is a welcome change in her regular books where the heroine is a docile china doll in a golden cage.
This heroine is strong without sounding and looking rude or brash, my kind of strong heroine. She knew when to fight and when to concede - wisely I might add. She may be at the end of her rope while her world is suddenly upside down but she maintain her dignity graciously and boy did she give the hero quite a run in this emotional (as I always expect from Ms. Banks) yet believable romance. Her flaw is relatable even her inner struggles.
The hero is another story. A man with his own demons and baggage is irritatingly human. To me at least, he is that someone I want to knock into his good sense and to the author's credit, his character development is dramatically romantic. In the end, he is a hero that can melt any woman's heart especially when he gave his all to woo the heroine back into his life.
Pippa and Cam's story might have a predictable plot but the twists and the circumstance of their romance is beautifully told. I understand this is a part of a series but their story can stand alone. The secondary characters are predictabley sweet as candy but they are as flesh out as the main characters.
Overall expect a strong yet loving heroine, alpha male hero in a tux that needed heroine's loving, burning sheets, enough inner and outward conflict, and a beautiful story.
on January 1, 2013
Really, "her tender touch"? What tender touch? The female lead in this book is the most self-centered creature. It's all about how she feels, what she wants and there is no compassion or understanding for anyone else. Even when her best friend has a baby, it's all about her. I have read most of the book but I just have had to stop the lead is so obnoxious. I can understand writing a strong female lead but she was repugnant. Also, I understand it's a romance/fantasy, but who calls their friends in for a meeting to discuss a maybe pregnancy? Really, most people wait until they are sure. On the bright side, I didn't pay full price for the book.
on March 30, 2013
So basically the story went as follows: Boy meets girl. Boy wants girl. Boy tells girl he wants to screw her - one night only - and of course girl agrees (apparently he's incredibly sexy and rich). Boy takes girl to his mansion for a night of amazingly hot sex. All night. And it was all good until she gets knocked up. That's where the story turns and my heart hurt from there on out.

I must say my heart truly ached for like 95% of this story. As soon as their night of pasison ended, it was a continual downward spiral, inching back up numerous times, only to force you farther down the spiral.

The emotional rollercoaster ride left me sad, but I couldn't cry. Right when you thought it couldn't get worse, it did. And then it got worse yet. I didn't want to be all depressed waiting to finish the story another day, so I read the damn thing start to finish. I was glad, because there's a very happy ending that left me completely satisfied. Despite all of the emotions spilling from the story, I loved it!! :)
on May 2, 2012
Wasn't sure if I was going to read this one, haven't really been impressed with this series. So glad I went ahead and read it. I thought it was the best out of the four. Though every time I seen Pippa's name I thought of Kate Middelton's sister.

I really liked Pippa, it was nice to read about a woman who had the backbone to stand up for herself. Yes she got her emotions stepped on a couple of times, but she tried to do what was best for her, even if it ment walking away.

Cam was pretty much a carbon copy jerk of his three other friends. (one of the problems I had with this series, all the men were exactly the same, just different names. They all seemed to be high on themselves jerks) But when it came to Cam's story and what he had been through, you could kinda understand why he didn't like getting close to anyone.

In all it was a good story. Seeing the couple come together and Cam learning to deal with his issues was kinda sweet.
on September 8, 2014
I love Maya Banks books, but this one was heartbreaking and that's why I love it more! I cry and cry and cry so much for Pippa that my eyes where puffy when hers where! Seriously if you haven't read anything from Maya your wasting your time, she's great at what she does!
Cam was an idiot, bastard and mostly an ass. He suffers the consequences and begs for forgiveness (I love when they beg). Pippa it's such a strong woman with a heart so big but so bruised that you have to read the story to find out if the forgive him! 😝
on August 17, 2014
I would give it my usual 5 stars for Maya Banks but....I've already read it
I am a Maya Banks fans, I buy everything she writes so I pre-ordered the book automatically and set down to enjoy a great read. 3 pages in I realized I read it years ago. Different title, different cover.
I have nothing but great things to say about the author and if you have not read the book then go for it. If you read everythng she writes like I do stop now.
I really would like a warning from authors when this happens. Maybe they don't even know. I just know I bought it before for 2.00 less so yes, I am a bit disappointed
77 comments|16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 2, 2014
It's a barley there story. The romance doesn't feel real at all. In fact, I get the feeling that the two characters don't really like each other very much. Add in overly dramatic emotions from the guy, Cam, and the run-away theatrics of Pippa and it feels like I'm reading a story written by and for high schoolers. Sorry. I have enjoyed several of Maya Banks books but this one is so not worth it.
on August 26, 2014
I love Maya's books this was a sweet but turbulent story of Cam and Pippa. Cam's rich and success but with drawn from the loss of his wife and child. Pippa has been attracted to Cam for a long time but he's been holding back.

They agree to a one night stand that turns into a lifetime of connection. Cam can't commit to Pippa and she needs to figure out a life on her own.

The book is a whirlwind of feelings and attraction make it a fun ride. Maya's books are always hot and so you can count on that!!
on May 15, 2012
I really liked Cam and Pippa's story, but it fell short of Devon and Ashley's "Tempted by Her Innocent Kiss". I've read all 4 books in this series and this is the 2nd best one. Pippa is a strong character, not stupid or innocent. (I dislike STUPID.) Cam is driven by a terrible loss. He is up front with Pippa and she understands and agrees to his demands. She is not looking for HEA either. She's too busy. I won't put a spoiler in here, but he finally comes to terms with the past so he can go forward. The book does have a HEA! I guess the reason I liked Devon and Ashley's story better is because in Ms. Banks scene where Devon tells Ashley he did not love her, I could see in my mind the light leave Ashley's eyes. That really takes some writing. I recommend all the books in this series. You won't be sorry! Also, you may want to check out Ms. Banks' "Highlander" series. All three of those books are great! I see in other reviews where some reviewers disclosed that they had receive the book free for review and I see nothing wrong with that. After saying that, I admit to buying all my books. Enjoy your read!