Industrial-Sized Deals Shop all Back to School Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Beach House $5 Off Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Shop Popular Services gotS5 gotS5 gotS5  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Metal Gear Solid 5 Gear Up for Football STEM Toys & Games

Avengers Assemble
Format: Audio CDChange
Price:$10.50+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on May 3, 2012
As other reviewers said, this album is fairly mediocre considering the amount of talent that Marvel was able to put together here. I am glad to see familiar names, but disappointed with many of their offerings. The real meat of this soundtrack comes from bands I had never even heard of. Let me explain.

Track 1: Soundgarden's return to music and it certainly bares their mark. It starts off very strong and then turns to repetitive and annoying by the end. It carries on almost a full 2 minutes longer than it has to. Hopefully the last part of the track will be pared off when this gets radio plays. Overall: 2/5

Track 2: I'm Alive by Shinedown starts off with a quick rhythm, strong vocals, decent lyrics and doesn't back down throughout. It sounds like a track that could have been on either of their 2 most recent albums. It closely matches that style and is one of the better tracks on the album. Overall: 5/5

Track 3: Dirt and Roses by Rise Against is solid, but people that aren't already fans of Rise against won't enjoy this one either. He starts needlessly screaming around 1:45, but this ends quickly and the singing resumes. I am a fan of theirs and although it is not as catchy as some of their other songs, I was happy with it. Overall: 4/5

Track 4: Even If I Could by Papa Roach. At first, I didn't even realize this was Papa Roach. The track has solid lyrics, but misses its chance on the chorus. I think it had radio potential, but that diminishes with the missed chorus and even more so near the end with some randomish shouts thrown in. Overall: 3/5.

Track 5: Unbroken by Black Veil Brides. This is also one of the more solid tracks. I have not heard any of their other music, but I enjoyed this track. It fits the theme of the movie better than most of the other songs. 4/5

Track 6: Breathe by Scott Weiland. One of the slower tracks on this album. The music has a strong rhythm to it and it invites a sing along, if I could just understand what he was supposed to be saying. I didn't expect much more from STP's singer. At least Scott knows when a song is supposed to be over. Overall: 3/5

Track 7: Comeback by Redlight King. Upbeat, well written lyrics, strong vocals. This is the strongest track on the album, but it is also the only track that wasn't written directly for this album. It still fits pretty well though. If you like this one, check out their album "Something For The Pain." Overall: 5/5

Track 8: Into the Blue by Bush. A solid track from 90s rockers. I enjoyed this one more than I thought I would. A pretty well done song and one of the highlights. Overall: 4/5

Track 9: New Way to Bleed by Evanescence. A good track that is actually improved by remixing. It gives the song a more solid beat than the original. I can't say I approve of the dubstep-like sounds thrown in, but I still liked this one a lot. Overall: 5/5

Track 10: Count Me Out by Pusherjones. I had never heard of these guys before this, but this was my second favorite track. It fits the theme of the soundtrack, it has a fun breakdown, strong vocals, shout-alongs in the chorus, and fun guitar. I doubt it will get radio play, but it is a very well done track. Overall: 5/5

Track 11: Wherever I Go by Buckcherry. After loving almost every track on their album "15," their latest offerings have been less stellar and this track is no different. Decent vocals with angst-y lyrics, and uninspired musical accompaniment. I was hoping for something faster paced on the soundtrack for a summer blockbuster. Easily the worst track on the album. Overall: 1/5

Track 12: From Out of Nowhere by Five Finger Death Punch. I wasn't expecting much from this track since I am not a big fan of this band, but I was pleasantly surprised. This is an upbeat and polished track that is easily enjoyable. Overall: 5/5

Track 13: Shake the Ground by Cherri Bomb. This is another track by a band I hadn't heard of and it is also my third favorite. It's very guitar driven with strong female vocals. At only 2:42, it's short and sweet. It belongs as the lead track if you ask me. Nothing not to like about this one. Overall: 5/5
77 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on January 5, 2013
Most of these songs are very solid, very strong and work very well together. I was pleasantly surprised with a new band Cherri Bomb and I had to get their album and every song on that album is strong! The Papa Roach song on here is likely from the sessions of their new album "The Connection" and I can't see why it isn't on that album because I LOVE this song. I was surprised by how good Black Veil Brides sounded. Shinedown was great. The new Soundgarden single is pretty good, a bit repetitive though (it could've been shorter but I do like it). I quite like the Evanescence remix, gave the song a different feel while staying fairly true to the original structure. Oh, and if you haven't heard Redlight King yet then this is a great place to start! I know I haven't mentioned everyone, but a lot of it was really good, I recommend you check it out!
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
Granted some of my dislike for this soundtrack could be just a difference in taste.

Ages ago, I too was deceived into thinking this was the actual movie soundtrack. I listened to it once and was never even remotely tempted to listen to it again. I think there was one track I enjoyed. It might be a good CD to workout too, it's got that rock, the singer perpetually sounds like he's screaming at you thing going for it. Some people actually like that. If you're one of them, by all means, buy this soundtrack. It's got a good mix of talented artists.
on May 5, 2013
What does this have to do with the Avengers movie? Once upon a time, when there were soundtracks like this, they actually had something to do with the freaking movie. They played during the movie, they were on the radio in the movie, they had something to do with a CHARACTER in the movie, for chrissake. I might as well rip my own soundtrack to the movie - it'll probably have more to do with the movie, be more enjoyable and far less exploitative. To add insult to injury, they add a few 'this album only' remixes and somehow expect to make it special. Give me a break.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on June 17, 2012
Shocked by all the negative reviews here. I actually think this soundtrack is great. I guess I like this type of music. Soundgarden, Papa Roach, Bush, etc. I like the flow here. I guess the times are changing as Bob Dylan would say.
on May 24, 2012
I picked up the hard CD copy of this last week and have had it on in my car almost non-stop. I listen to most of these bands on my local rock station, so it was great to hear them on the album. Now, it isn't everyone's cup of tea, but for fans of alt. rock, it's a nice listen.

There's only one song I skip on the entire album, and that's #6 - Breathe by Scott Weiland. Just not a fan of it.

My favorites, if I have to pick 3, would be #1 - Live to Rise by Soundgarden (LOVED it when I heard it on the credits of the movie and it's actually my ringtone now), #5 - Unbroken by Black Veil Brides (who I had never heard of before this), and #9 - New Way to Bleed (Photek Remix) by Evanescence (always been a fan of them, and the remix is nice).

Most people have mentioned the songs don't have anything to do with the movie, but I have to disagree. As I've listened to the whole thing countless times, I've picked up on the lyrics. Some stand out to me more than others, of course. Best example I can find is actually Unbroken. After checking and double checking the lyrics, I'm positive it's a song about the struggle between Thor and Loki, from Thor's point of view. The first section really drives that home:

/Now you're adrift in the sea of lies
A foolish villain in an endless chapter
The demons running behind your eyes
A simple shadow
We can fight together/

So, give it a listen and decide for yourself. Don't judge it by the other reviews, as most of them seem to think it was a terrible album. There's little previews up there for a reason.
on May 18, 2014
Very disapointed. Was not expecting an album of heavy metal music. Loved the movie, but son of a gun, don't remember this genera of music being played throughout the film.
on May 13, 2015
I'm a big fan of movies and I love a good flim score. But I do love movie soundtracks from various artists as well. Normally with a film score my mind pictures the excact movie that score comes from. If I were to watch the Avengers TV show and play the movie's score, They wouldn't fit together in my mind. However with soundtracks like this I can play this along with any other Avengers related thing and it would fit perfectly. And I was disappointed when Age of Ultron didn't have a soundtrack, But then I realized that this soundtrack fits with that movie as well. And will probably be my go to album for any Avengers related media.
on May 29, 2014
I love this album.
However, I did not buy it because I love the Avengers (which I do)... I bought it because I heard a couple of the songs, liked them, saw that Evanescence and Black Veil Brides were also on the album, and decided it was worth the gamble. It certainly was. I am a writer of fantasy/ sci fi who is always looking for good music to inspire my stories and characters, and I found it here.
A number of the more negative reviews have mentioned that most of the songs are not on the Avengers movie and do not seem to connect to the story like other "inspired by" albums do (I think of the brilliant "Songs from District 12 and Beyond for the first Hunger Games movie). While that is true in one sense, I feel like the songs have very strong THEMATIC connections to the Avengers story. They are all about saving the world, sticking by one's friends, struggling with not "fitting in," and, ultimately, deciding to stand for what is right even if one is not understood. Beautiful songs.
on January 8, 2014
A great soundtrack for the music lover fantasy lover. My granddaughter ask for this specifically and she loves it. Great