Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Mudcrutch Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery The Baby Store Shop now Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Outdoor Recreation SnS

on May 4, 2012
My eco-egg machine arrives today and I was really thrilled to open the package and try it. I have been disturbed by washing the small items, such as socks, T-shirts frequently, and I do no want to use the laundry for small and delicate items. So this eco-egg seems to fit the purpose well.

The outside appearance is lovely. It is about 6 kg in total, a little heavier than expected. The size is good, small enough to be placed under the sink in the bathroom. The machine works well, and the clothes are quite clean after washing, even at the stringent standards of my mother. The sound while washing is a little noisy, especially when in the washing cycle. But I love it, very cute and convenient machine!

One big pity is the lack of dehydration function. I need to dehydrate the clothes by hand. This is one big drawback that can be improved.

Another concern is the disinfection. I thought this machine has the disinfection function, since there is such as sign on the control panel. However, the instruction booklet says it is a model WITHOUT the disinfection. Hope to figure this out.

Overall the little eco-egg works well, though after the washing there are some pieces of fiber left in the machine, which can only be removed by pouring them out with water.
on May 7, 2012
I purchased an eco egg and it didn't work, ordered new one since the first one was under warranty, still didn't work. I requested a refund, they emailed me back saying i had to ship both eggs and have to pay for the shipping myself. As a customer, im loosing money for purchasing their product, worst experience ever and their customer service is not any better. Hardly answers the phone and confuses orders.
on October 13, 2012
I bought the eco-egg mini washing machine about two weeks ago and have it used 3 times. It clean as expected but there a few things that could be better, so I gave it 3 stars and I will explain why.

I took 1 start from it due to the following: After washing the clothes, the machine throw the water out, but after removing the clothes from inside of it, I always have some residual water inside. Since it does not have a button that I can press to activate its mechanism to throw that residual water away, I need to remove the water by hand (If you close you eco-egg with water inside, the next time you open it it will be with a bad smell inside). I cannot assure that the residual water inside the machine is due to not effective draining system or due to the water that came out the clothes when I remove them from inside. Yes, when the machine finishes the cleaning cycle, your clothes you will be full of water since the machine does not have a spin dryer mechanism (as a normal washing machine). That spin dryer function is something that I really miss.

The other star that I took is to its installation mechanism. When I bought it, I though that I would simply plug the water in hose in my water tap, but you actually have to remove a piece that is inside the water tap (at least, the majority of water tap has that piece installed). So, every time that I would use, I need to remove that piece from my water tap and insert a specific piece (that comes with the machine) in the tap.

In sum, if you are looking for a mini washing machine to clean your clothes and you mainly don't mind having to squeeze your clothes after the cleaning, this machine will work for you.
on June 8, 2012
It is a very useful machine for me who do not have laundry in the building. The machine is good for small amount of clothes such as under wears, gym clothes, scrubs, towels, etc.
The design is very cute, and I love pink color. I got very soft cute pink color on the bottom part and soft white color on the top. The size of machine is little bit bigger than my expectation, but it is ok with me. This machine is very easy to install and uninstall for the water lines.
The machine is working good so far, and I think the result of washing is better than my hand washing.
on August 28, 2012
Hi, I stay in an apartment of around 400 houses with two laundromat, yikes! With a toddler @ home and a new baby on the way, I was a mum running out of options. After endless googling, I chanced upon the egg portable washing machine on amazon. Needless to say the product had just been introduced and I had hardly any reviews to fall back on, positive or otherwise. Desperation drove me to cross my fingers and just go ahead and order one. I did. It arrived on time.

The biggest disadvantage I faced was that the single video posted on YouTube consisted of a kid little more than a toddler explaining how the machine runs. I wish the parents had taken the time instead. Still, something was better than nothing.It had given me a fairly good idea of how the machine washed the clothes during the cycle. The plumbing however for the inlet hose, posed the greatest challenge. The bathrooms in my house have sinks with modern flat faucets that aerate the water and the silly plastic spanner that comes with the machine is just a joke. The faucets just wouldn't come out with the spanner. This left only my kitchen faucet as an option, as it's the only with the narrow old-fashioned arced pipe. But the lack of space posed a problem.

The machine therefore sat as a dead investment in its carton for almost a week. I had written it off as the worst 120 dollars I had ever spent when my husband suggested to install it on the kitchen platform even though it would eat up precious space.

With no options left we did just that.

Having said that, after five months of using it,I am really happy to say that my Eco egg machine is one of the best buys I have ever made. I would have given it five stars if it would have worked in my bathroom sink/tub faucets. The machine is quiet, powerful and above all a very hygienic way to clean my kids clothes. I can even wash mine and my hubby's clothes in an emergency. Leave out the jeans,, bath towels and bed sheets and u can pretty much wash everything else. The feeling of removing your kids clean and hygienic clothes from their very own personal machine is like none other. Just wash the lint filter regularly and you will never have any cause to regret buying this machine.

All in all, a great buy!!
on December 1, 2012
I have only 2 complaints: the capacity is rather small (although making it bigger would have compromised its portability) and it doesn't have a spin cycle (maybe the next version will have one). Otherwise it's perfect for washing delicates and it's a great complement to our regular-sized washer/dryer because it can wash small loads and be used for emergency washings, situations where a full-sized washer might be overkill and impractical. And we like the electronic touch-pad controls; they remind us of our regular washer/dryer. From a distance, this may look cheap, but we found it to be pretty well-made with a deluxe, solid, fairly substantial feel. Recommended as a secondary washer or even for singles or students.
on January 27, 2013
I use it for my kid's laundry.
highly recommend it, if you cannot go to laundry room everyday, but you have a 3-year-old that spills everything in the shirt everyday. the machine does a wonderful job.
on November 19, 2012
Used it a couple times, in general a very simple and convenient little machine. Very easy to use. One can do Auto/Wash only/Rinse only.

The only problem is after the use, there is some water left in the machine so I need to wipe it out myself. Also, there is no dis-infect function for this machine.
on November 9, 2012
Perfect. I wash my AA uniforms in it and it sits in my kitchen cart with the counter top dish washer on top of it!