Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on April 20, 2012
I bought several of the Lego Avengers sets right when they were available. This set is by far my favorite. The Iron Man Mark 6 (the one with the triangle chest piece) minifigure's helmet is very cool and sturdy, considering it opens and shuts (it does stay shut). The blue pieces that imitate him in flight and the stabilizers/ hand-blaster things are really cool and add to the minifigure. The Loki minifigure is really awesome. It is just like the other Lokie figures but you don't have to buy the fifty or seventy dollar sets for him. Hawkeye is cool but he cannot hold his bow with both hands. Iron Man and Hawkeye come with two faces (one face on each side). The truck itself took a lot longer to construct than i expected mainly because it is sturdy. It feels fairly heavy for a Lego truck but that makes it very durable. The doors open and close, and the roof can be removed to easily take minifigures in and out.
This set overall has three really cool minifigures and one sweet and sturdy truck. I have really enjoyed playing with this set and would recommend it to everyone.

If you think I am missing something in the review please leave a comment; this is my first lego review and I want it to be helpful. Thanks.
88 comments|47 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 17, 2012
I got this set for the Iron Man mini-fig. After putting it together, I do like this set better than the Helicarrier set (6868). The truck is sturdy, big, and awesome-looking. Like most LEGO sets, the little details they put in are amazing. The truck even has front and tail lights and a little fire extinguisher in case the LEGO action gets too hot and heavy. It also comes with a place to hold Hawkeye's bow when he's driving. The bed of the truck flips up a little but I haven't figured out what that does yet except to maybe flip Loki off the back of the truck? Loki gets to hold this little Cosmic Cube and Iron Man can have little blue repulsers on his hands and feet. Anyways, what I really like about this set is the Iron Man mini-fig. I don't care if it makes no sense to include the Iron Man mini-fig in this set since the scene this set is recreating from the film doesn't even include Iron Man. The face place of his helmet flips up to reveal his face! I'm so amused by that.

In sum, the set is really fun to put together and I'm hoping to get some sort of display case/area to put all my LEGO sets. From what I said before in my review of the Helicarrier set, LEGOs are super durable in my 20+ years of playing with LEGOs. Now that I'm an adult (sort of?), I won't rate it for its educational value since I got it more for my own entertainment and collection.
on July 16, 2012
My 6 year old son has been obsessed with super heros for awhile now. He has just recently started to show a deep interest in legos. We went to a legos store in a mall and this is the set he picked. It is the first set he has built.

Things I liked about this set:

-helps to develop hand-eye coordination
-helps to develop dexterity
-helps kids to develop skills in the area of following directions
-the final built truck and figures were sturdy - he can play rough with them (as boys do) and it will not fall apart
-includes was a related comic story - children can act out the story after building the truck and figures or use their imagination to create their own story line

Things I didn't like about this set were caused by the directions. A younger, unexperienced builder would have difficulty building this set without supervision. This is because:

-the colors in the directions varied slightly in comparison to the actual color (an example would be pictures of white blocks that represented clear blocks, or different shades of red in the directions)
-while building the truck, the front and back look similar. This can cause the child to become easily confused and frustrated if they put the blocks on the wrong end.

Overall, I would recommend this set. Just be prepared to supervise and assist if your child is on the younger range of ages.
on February 4, 2013
This was another Christmas hit for my son.

I love the lego sets because they keep the child's mind occupied and engaged in putting something together, like a 3-D puzzle. He kept at this until he completed it and was able to play with the jeep and figures when done, getting more enjoyment from the toy. This was a great purchase that I recommend for parents of kids that enjoy puzzles, comics and have the patience to put something together.
on December 29, 2012
This was a good gift for my 7 yo nephew. He likes LEGOs and he loves the Avengers movie. Easy peasy... everyone is happy. I just wish Amazon had a competitive price during the holidays. I paid the same price as advertised in stores, but I ordered early and avoided the stress of stores. So Thank you Amazon for free shipping!
on January 9, 2014
Not much to say except I recently built this along side some Mega Bloks and I love LEGOs! The instructions are perfect, it's easy to build, colorful, and my kid really loves it.

It seems expensive but it's actually about the same price as the Mega Bloks Halo Warthog and about the same size. This set is far better quality than that.
on February 1, 2014
I bought this for my crazy, Loki-obsessed friend's 50th birthday. The package arrived quickly and in good shape, apart from a bit of crumpling of the box, but that was no big deal. My friend LOVED it and spent quite awhile zooming the Loki figure around and admiring his helmet, much to the mortification of her teenaged son. So five stars for the ordering/shipping process, five stars for level of excitement on the part of the recipient, and five THOUSAND stars for parental embarrassment of the teenager!
on August 19, 2013
This was a last minute birthday present for my son who decided that he wanted Legos for his 7th birthday. It arrived overnight in perfect condition and was opened and assembled the next day. He loved it. The Truck actually looks like a regular plastic truck when put together not one made of Legos, very impressive.
on August 30, 2013
This was a Christmas gift for my 5yo son. I helped him put it together the first time, but he took it apart and still loves it. The pieces are quite unique and the action-figures are fun with faces on the front and back (you can't see the second one in the helmet/hair).
on October 21, 2013
I purchased this set for Christmas for my six year old son. He has several of the other Super Hero sets and has really enjoyed putting them together and playing with all the sets together, so I know he will enjoy this one as well. Even though he is at the low end of the age this toy is recommended for, he is able to do most of the assembling with minimal help. The directions are drawn to scale and are easy to distinguish which piece is needed. Legos are a great investment in fun and imagination!