Marmot Limelight 4 Persons Tent
Price:$374.40 - $398.93

on September 8, 2012
Size Name: 4 PersonColor Name: Hatch/Dark CedarVerified Purchase
My wife and I used this tent for the first time in Yosemite last week. It is definitely the best tent I have ever owned and I could really tell the difference in quality. The tent poles were much higher quality than I have ever seen and the design of the tent is ingenious. The cross section of the bars keeps the rain fly lifted off the tent, so the tent has wonderful ventilation. The vestibules are roomy and the materials are all top notch. Its easy to set up and easy to take down and return to the bag. I was fortunate and bought this tent on sale and saved about $75, but I still think the tent would be worth it at full price. My wife and I could not be more pleased with the tent!
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on October 18, 2012
We are a family of seasoned BWCA veterans looking for a replacement of old 4 person tent. I brought this one home and assembled it in a basement. Great quality and design, light, simple enough installation, looks reliable and built well.
The issue is, however, that 4 person will fit in the tent, but it is smaller than needed to have any personal belongings inside or even to sleep comfortably. So, the tent is in fact good for 3 people. To fit 4 person with minimum personal staff the tent has to be one foot wider, as our old Jeep branded tent purchased in Sams for $50 was. Otherwise, great 3 person tent with amenities.
on April 24, 2014
Size Name: 4 PersonColor Name: AspenglowVerified Purchase
I slept in the tent for 1 week in Rio Dulce Izabal Guatemala Central America. It rained very hard, not one drop of water came into the tent. We had to wait until the day cooled down because the tent is a little warm. When I took the tent apart one of the pull straps that helps stretch one of the pole pockets for the rain fly did come unsewn but it still held on. I will sew it back up. No big deal, but this is why I did not give it 5 stars.
on September 9, 2014
Size Name: 4 PersonColor Name: Aspenglow
This tent is too heavy to go on a long hike with unless you separate the tent between two or more people.
The tent is very easy to set up and take down and I like how most of the condensation goes out onto the rain fly and drips down onto the ground, but I still bring my military bivy sack to keep my sleeping bag from getting too damp from the condensation that didn't escape onto the rain fly.
I can put a chair in the middle of this tent and sit up straight and I'm 6' foot tall.
It's nice to have two doors to let cool air through and easily go out which ever door you want to.

The tent stakes I recommend are either the 7" X3 Anchor Stakes or the 9" X3 Anchor Stakes.

Here are the things I recommend for being comfortable in a tent.
I highly recommend the Crazy Creek HexaLite 2.0 PowerLounger or the Therm-A-Rest Trekker Lounge or the Big Agnes Helinox - Cot One. I also recommend having a Zebralight H600 model headlight and a SunJack CampLight USB Bulb with a PowerFilm USB+AA Solar Charger to plug the sunjack bulb into. Then I also recommend a large pee jug, so you don't have to get up and go outside to pee.

For sitting outside, I highly recommend the Walkstool Comfort 18" inch. and a taller sized Walkstool Comfort for the bigger people.

To chop wood for the fire, I recommend a hatchet or axe, a Zero Tolerance ZT0100 Military knife and a limb lopper to cut up tree limbs. Then the camp stove I recommend is the Solo Stove Titan & Solo Pot 1800.

It's also nice to bring along an aqua quest camo tarp and a hammaka hammock with an ENO bugnet.

Here's a great and easy way to fold up an aqua quest camo tarp. Look up on youtube, Folding a Hutchie or Tarp