Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Product Packaging: Standard Packaging|Change

on August 24, 2012
Our 6 yr old son loves Imaginext - and really likes the Bat Castle, and liked this being added to his collection. He plays with it regularly and thinks it is cool to lock the 'bad guys' in jail. The only negative is that it appears to have an electric chair at the top - not really something I wanted to explain to a child when I was asked what it was. So we have said it is like a time out chair :)
44 comments|42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 3, 2012
This set is a bit of a disappointment. My 4 year old loves the Imaginext line, and plays every day with his bat cave and his Joker's Funhouse. But this jail doesn't really DO anything. It doesn't have space to play, doesn't have much adventure to it. It seems a light-weight effort to make customers pay more for a Bane action figure. So I give it a big old "Meh". I expect better from the makers of this line of toys.
on December 11, 2014
My son is obsessed with all things imaginext. This set was a great addition to his collection, and he plays with it ALL THE TIME. It has held up well through rough play, and the batteries are still going strong. Batman's cloth cape is a hit with my 3 year old son. He loves putting villians in jail, and plays well with this set.

With all this said, I nearly returned the entire set before even giving it to my son. I opened the set, and realized that in the top floor, there is a (wait for it...) FREAKING ELECTRIC CHAIR. Instructions call it Bane's "charge up chair", but it is clearly an electric chair. You sit Bane in the chair, his arms snap into holds...and then batman turns the dial, and the blacklight in the room lights up. Bane's veins glow in the UV light, and a shock/zap pattern lights up behind the chair. I gave my 3 year old son a toy with an electric chair. Worst mom ever.
on December 29, 2014
My 4 year old son LOVES this jail. I got him all the bad guys to go with it (came separate) and he loves it! The doors swing open all together. There is an electric chair in the middle and when you put the bad guy in and turn the light on you can see an xray of bones on his chest. The batman symbol on the top spins around and can be removed.
on September 22, 2014
What a great gift for my grandson's 4th birthday. We were the hit gift givers. All gift opening stopped when that gift came out. After he was forced to open the other gifts, he and his boy cousins played only with that gift.
on January 19, 2016
Gotham City Jail playset that comes with a Batman and a Bane figure. While this is just a plain ordinary Batman, it's probably one of the ones you'll want because it's the Keaton Batman look and you can never go wrong with a Keaton Batman. As for Bane, well this Bane is freaking awesome. In the center of the playset is a chair for Bane to be strapped into and when you turn the playset's action feature, a black light turns on above the chair exposing the black light paint that has been designed to look like Bane being pumped full of his precious venom. Now without the black light, he's just an ordinary run of the mill Bane, but let me tell you when I turned on the light and saw those green veins, well it was a selling point for me. The Gotham City Jail features opening front doors, an action feature that opens the jail cell doors and a removable Bat Signal that can be put in different places on the set. For the imagination side of it you have a control board in the upper left hand room if you want to pretend that someone is monitoring the jail. It might not sound like much, but I would of loved this playset as a young kid and I love it as the man child I am today. Definitely a cool playset even if it only has four jail cells when Gotham is just awful with villains.
review image
on January 17, 2016
My son really liked this toy, it coordinates well with his other sets/imaginext sets. He is a big fan of Batman, so this prison was a great place to store the bad guys after captured by Batman. The black light in the center is a neat feature, it almost looks like the person is being electrocuted.
on January 25, 2016
This Gotham City Jail is now a staple of playtime for my son and I. We have facilitated the escape of many prisoners since Christmas! The switch easily opens all of the jail cells, and there is even a picture of each bad guy on a cell. The set comes with Batman and Bane, and the UV light in Bane's cell lights up the veins on his arms, which is a fantastic effect.
on June 16, 2015
My son has been collecting and playing with the Batman Imaginext toys since he was 5. He is now turning 12 and still on occasion will play with them. We own almost the entire collection and I can tell you that these toys are sturdy and last. We have an 8 month old daughter that these will be passed down to. I regularly purchase these as gifts for other children's holidays or birthdays and always get positive feedback on the quality and durability of these toys. Would recommend to anyone!
on May 14, 2016
Orders for niece birthday she turned 3 ! She loves batman collects these toys and she was so so happy! Was a little more than toys r us price however it was 2 day free shipping with prime so worth it!