Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Color: Jungle|Change

VINE VOICEon July 17, 2012
You'll pay a lot for what you get in this set: six angled blocks (four triangles, two parallelograms) with embedded magnets, all packed in a small grey pouch made of thick industrial grade felt. It's a neat package that readily fits into a medium sized purse.

Be forewarned that while this is a toy that will probably intrigue your young child, it's one that benefits from the involvement of an adult--especially one who nonverbally explores what the blocks can do. They're pretty versatile. Click, clack. They can come together--but they can also, depending on the orientation of the embedded magnets, 'ignore' or even repel one another. Do 'magic' by making a block move without touching it. Put one on the tray table of an airplane and move it by holding another block beneath. Make four triangles into a square. Build a house. Etc. They are a great fiddle toy, even for adults.

So, they're a handy take along. Most children will allow themselves to be distracted with these during a period of enforced waiting in a confined space. A real plus is that the sturdy pouch makes it easy to ensure that all the (expensive) pieces come home.

These are priced high so as to allow support of educational programs in Honduras, where they are manufactured. Also, Tegu requires resellers to adhere to a pricing agreement, but there are price reductions periodically, both on Amazon and on the Tegu site. Go there to sign up for their occasional emails, which include special offers--sometimes as much as 35 to 40% off--and the introduction of new products not available elsewhere.
on October 2, 2012
Tegu blocks are expensive but worth every penny. I initially considered them but made a mistake of not purchasing them because they seemed too pricey. But we were lucky to get a basic set as a gift for my son's 2nd b-day. After realizing that they are worth their price, I purchased colored pocket sets and wheels to add to his basic set. At first, they were challenging, but now that he got the hang of it they are his favorite blocks. Days would go by without him playing with his legos or other blocks, but he plays his Tegu blocks every day. Even though he has a train set, he prefers making his own tracks and trains from Tegu blocks. We make cars, buildings, bridges, tunnels, birds, doggies, etc. These blocks truly provide endless possibilities and open a whole new world of imagination. This is definitely my son's and my favorite toy.
on February 26, 2013
I got these with an Amazon Gift Card. I'm not sure I'd have purchased them if I had to spend full price, but both my 1 year old daughter and my husband and myself all have enjoyed playing with these. I keep them in my purse for times when I need a quiet distraction for her!

One thing to note that I didn't even consider - these are polarized, obviously, so not every piece fits every piece in every way. That's very frustrating for my daughter, when she tries to fit a piece to another piece and instead of "sticking" it pushes it away.
on January 11, 2014
This is exactly what it looks like. A set of wooden blocks that stick together with magnets.

The quality is high. This is definitely something that could sit on the desk of a professional that likes gadgets and doodads.

Rating would be a five if the magnets were aligned such that block edges would meet up in all configurations. Often, when you match two blocks with similar edge lengths, the magnets pull together in a way that the edges are misaligned by a 1/4 inch.
on October 28, 2013
I bought this for my soon to be 3 year old daughter. I've noticed the thing she finds most appealing about these pieces is the fact that they are magnetic. Most of the time I find her 'artwork' on the fridge. I like that the magnet is embedded in each indivdual piece. Expensive, yes but for how much she has played with it, I think it is worth it.
on June 15, 2014
Encourages imagination. Is colorful. Thought these were super expensive, but child must use blocks in a certain way, as magnets are located on one end of some blocks and will attract or repel. Provides hours of creative thinking and problem solving for my 2 year old!
on March 29, 2015
My 14month old loves playing with these (while being supervised...he still puts everything in his mouth). He's too young to build anything yet but he loves the magnets inside the blocks. He thinks he's doing something big when they stick together but yet he can still pull them apart. Great practice for working on his coordination and stacking skills.
on February 24, 2016
These blocks make great toys for adults and kids. I bought the 8 piece set and my husband stole it from the kids and keeps it at his desk at work so I bought these for home. I prefer the other set with 4 squares and 4 flat pieces. The kids seem to come up with more configurations with it and play with them longer. These don't all fit together the way you'd expect them too. But still overall a great toy.
on January 22, 2016
I adore this toy set! I take two with me everywhere. One set for my son and one for my daughter. When we go to a restaurant or really anywhere that I need my kids to sit quietly I pull these out. I love that they come with a storage bag so they are not rolling around and getting lost inside my purse. This toy has saved the day many times! HIGHLY recommend! The only con I can think of is that my 2 year old gets frustrated when the magnets are going against each other and won't fit they way he would like them too.
on December 25, 2012
This was one of my adult son's stocking stuffers this Christmas. I had not seen the product before, but he is still fascinated by magnets, so this looked like fun. I also had an ulterior motive, as I had bought his daughter a 26-piece set of the blocks, and I figured this would be a gift for him, but also a gift for her.

My son loved this immediately, and he loved it even more when he and his daughter played with the fuller set.

Great packaging, and a fabulous purchase.