Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Look Park Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on August 28, 2012
Strictly speaking, a good Lego set will be about .07 or .08 a piece. An average of .10 a piece isn't bad and the de facto norm among those of us who refuse to acknowledge adulthood as a mandate to stop playing with Legos. :) I generally give Star Wars sets a little more leeway depending on the minifigures... let's face it, that's what really makes these sets exciting! I mean, sure I like building spaceships, but it's the characters in those ships that are the driving force. Slave 1, for example, without Boba Fett wouldn't be nearly as exciting.

So while this set tends to run a little over the 10 cent average (typically around $25 for a 213 piece set), you get Jedi Luke (in the all black garb as is appropriate for the scene) and Boba Fett. The coolest part, however, is easily the Sarlacc. The pictures don't do it justice, it really is a very cool looking Lego construction. Of the people I showed my final build to, some commented "oh, cool, Luke" or "oh cool, Boba Fett", but literally everyone commented on how awesome the Sarlacc looks on display. The other minifigs (including Lando in disguise) and the skiff itslf are frosting on the cake. If you are buying the Jabba's Palace set or already have the Jabba's Sail Barge (very hard to find brand new now without dropping several hundred dollars), this purchase is practically mandatory, especially if you really want to display or re-enact a full Return of the Jedi Tatooine scene.

I am personally hoping they rerelease the Sail Barge and maybe release the Jabba's Palace musicians or a Rancor Pit to build onto the Palace!

Edit 3-5-2013: A few changes have taken place since I wrote this review.

- Rancor Pit has been released! (Yay!)

- The price has dropped a bit, usually teetering between $17-20 or so, making this an even better bargain.

Edit 9-8-2014

As this set has been retired, the costs have gone up significantly as they are now being sold my third parties. My initial review was relevant when it was still widely available. Unless you're just trying to complete a collection, there are better Lego buys now.
on November 19, 2012
I have a large collection LEGO sets. Of those, many are Star Wars sets. And this is one of my favs.

This is one of the more memorable scenes of the movie and this set is true to the film. Great construction of the vehicle and the sarlacc pitt is pretty wicked.

It has one of the best selections of minifigs as well! Boba Fett alone makes this set. Normally you would have to get a much pricier set to get him or pay a lot of $$ to buy him individually on ebay or whatnot.

Of the recently released wave of Star Wars LEGO sets, I think that this is one of the best, especially at the price. It's only $20 (at time of posting) and that is well worth it!

I don't have the Jabba's Palace LEGO set, but it would pair great with this set. Enjoy!
on July 26, 2012
I purchased this along with Jabba's Palace and it is a great piece. Very easy to put together and functional. My 2 year-old son loves it already. He loaded up the Skiff with all the mini-figures and has enjoyed playing with it. My son is pretty gentle with the Lego figures and sets and this is pretty durable for him. He spent the morning 'flying' the Skiff around the living room and there no breaks in the set.

I like it because the mini-figures are really well done. Boba Fett is great and Lando and his mask are really detailed and well thought out. My son loves putting the mini-figures in the Sarlacc Pit and opening in closing the mouth. This is good hand-eye coordination for him and even this simple task is really fun for him.

I paid $24.99 for the set and would probably think twice about paying $39.99. I was told these sets will be around for awhile so wait for the price to go down.
on January 23, 2013
(Mom is typing what son is saying. Please excuse my spelling. I'm not really a STAR WARS person -- but my kids are!)

ok. This skiff has a small box in the center. Lift the top off and you will find two blaster pistols. There is one for the pirate and one for Boba. Plus there is a black light saber hilt. Also, Luke has a green light saber.

The sarlaac actually swallows a minifig (Boba Fett, of course!). (See photos!)

R2-D2 is not included.

The plank swings out from underneath the skiff. There is a space for a minifig's feet to stand there. On the opposite side, the skiff has a missile.

Lando Calrissian is also included.

That's it. It doesn't take very long to make. Look up our photos in customer images. The best part is the sarlaac's mouth opens and closes.

You can act out the whole scene!
review image review image review image review image
on September 11, 2013
And the reason why that's so is because:
1) There are four figures including Boba Fett and Luke Skywalker Jedi Knight.
2) The Sarlacc is able to fit an entire minifigure.
3) Stop Motion movie makers, this set is for you. You are able to recreate the Desert Skiff scene from Return of the Jedi.
4) This set has many pieces
5) It was a big improvement to the Desert Skiff made in 2000.
The only downside is that the model falls apart easily. This is highly reccomended.
on March 10, 2013
Another LEGO Star Wars kit added to my six year old's ever expanding collection. My son was able to put most of this together on his own, with just a little help from me. Part of it was that he started growing impatient with how long it was taking him to assemble. But hey, for each piece he assembled, it was one less piece to irritate my thumbs with. It stays together better than the average LEGO kit, and he loves playing with the Sarlacc the best.
on March 1, 2013
its a pretty large set for 16 bucks.. it has two packet where u can build the monster first then the ship.. it has more avatar than most 20 dollar under sets.. so pretty nice.. the ship was nice. cant go wrong for 16 buck
on November 19, 2012
He and his dad are Star War's fans and had such fun assembling and playing with this together! Lots of small parts but this boy is especially dexterous, patient and careful for age 5. The assembly and play might not be suitable for all kids this age.
on January 2, 2014
Delivered on time, complete set, and the boys really enjoyed it. I really appreciated the product pictures, because I knew exactly what I was getting. That little sand pit monster is hilarious, and I probably wouldn't have bought the set if that hadn't been included, so it was nice to be able to check out the photos and see that it was. It's my favorite part.
on July 2, 2013
This is a really cool toy, being a Star Wars fan, it is great that LEGO keeps on producing the movie toys, so I can have something fun to watch with my 8 year old son not finding it boring, and that we both can relate to.

See 1 answered question