Industrial-Sized Deals Shop all Back to School Shop Men's Hightops Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Cecile McLorin Salvant UP3 $5 Off Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Shop Popular Services hog hog hog  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Big Savings in the Amazon Fall Sportsman Event Baby Sale

on April 25, 2012
When my last phone died I knew I would need a good one to last for quite a while. I must admit the first thing that drew me to this phone was the plan. 50$ a month for unlimited talk, text, and web! Heck yeah! The phone is a dream! Internet is fast the voice is clear the touch screen is a breeze to work and personalizing it is easy as it gets! I really love the Micro SD slot for my own stuff. The one and only draw back was that if you drop it, it breaks apart and you have to chase down the back and the battery, however I got a case on here for 75 cents and it is worth its weight in gold! The case i got is plastic rubberized and pure purple so i'll let you figure out which one i am talking about. All in all this phone is amazing! I would highly recomend it!
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
It's my first touch screen so I'm not the expert but I love mine. The size and weight are excellent though I have to mention that even an easy drop pops it open and case and battery part company. Also battery life isn't great just good, but you can't have it all for the price of this "feature" phone. I think the touch screen is great with just the right sensitivity not to mistakenly press buttons but easily accessing what you want. The QWERTY is fairly small and close but manageable with practice. Not thrilled with the micro SD being under the back cover but it works. The sound on this cell is great can go loud on both calls and music. The camera... well it's not great but once again "feature" it's got one. User interface is nicely laid out and has standard tools. The contact info I love with a save for everything but shoe size so on the go I have addresses and everything with me. I haven't used bluetooth. It's a cell small enough to slip in your pocket, able to make and receive clear calls, send texts, take pictures, play music and videos, browse the web, store info, and keep up with contacts and events. If you want something that costs more, go for it but it does what I need a cell phone to do with very few complaints.
on September 9, 2012
Pros: Price is ok. Phone works well, good call reception and sound. When talking on phone, if you move it down to look at it, it brings up the screen automatically which is really cool. Like having a slide out keyboard, makes texting really easy. Cable provided so you can get software updates via your computer. Fits nice in your hand and feels pretty sturdy.

Cons: Keys on keyboard would be much easier to use is they were pillowed. Web browsing is very clunky and difficult to use. Applications are very limited and adding them is expensive. I was really enjoying the webmail app until it "expired" after 30 days. To get webmail app to work again, you have to pay $7.00 per month. That's an $84 per year app. It only provides a button to easily access your external email account. That's an incredible amount of money for a button.

Basically, this phone is a flip phone with a bigger screen. If you are looking for a true smart phone this isn't it. If you simply want a decent phone with a bigger screen for photos that works pretty well for calls and text, then this will work for you. Overall, it is a pretty nice phone for the price but it would be nice if the webmail button had a one-time charge of $1.99 instead of $84/year (for a button!).

Good luck and happy shopping!
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on August 7, 2012
I ALMOST DIDNT BUY THIS PHONE BECAUSE I READ A FEW BAD REVIEWS...BUT... I DID BUY IT AND I LOVE IT.........I DIDNT HAVE TO PAY ANY ACTIVATION FEE..THAT SAVED $35.00 AND IT WAS VERY EASY TO SET UP... AND THE ABILITY TO BUY PREPAID MINUTES AND HAVE NO BIG CELLPHONE BILL IS THE BEST PART... I CAN USE THE INTERNET, TEXT OR CALL.. GREAT PHONE..I AM ON THE PREPAID PLAN WHERE I ONLY PAY FOR THE MINUTES I USE. I BUY $30.00 WORTH OF MINUTES EVERY THREE MONTHS AND THEY ACCUMULATE. AND I CAN USE THE INTERNET UNLIMITED FOR ONLY .99 A DAY ON THE DAYS I WANT TO USE IT.
on August 18, 2012
I was looking for a basic MP3 player and phone. I currently own a Samsung Juke that I love. I got the phone because of the memory capacity and touch screen for scrolling through songs.

The touch screen misses half my finger presses and won't even get through the touch calibration function most of the time. However, it always produces the click sound even when it ignores the finger press. That leads one to believe that it worked, when it didn't.

The Bluetooth only works when it feels like working. It often just says it can't connect. The same Bluetooth devices work flawlessly with my old phone. The Bluetooth range is only about 2 to 3 feet when it does work. Playing music through Bluetooth makes the music player lock up until the Bluetooth device is turned off.

The music player stops whenever a call is received (normal for basic phones). However it also stops when one turns on or off Bluetooth, or does anything else. Leaving the music player screen immediately stops playback. The music player does not remember even the last song that was playing, nor where it was playing in the song. It doesn't pause the music when doing something else, it just cancels the entire music playlist. There is no equalizer, and there are no settings for bass, treble, or balance. The sound quality of music (through stereo headphones) is excellent.

Call volume is good, but the sound is robotic, like it is using a low sample rate or dropping samples.

The text messaging features seem to work OK, though I don't use them much. The keyboard works well, though the keys are hard to read. Since they have multiple functions, the lettering is small for the symbols and special functions. I also discovered there is no way to enter a "W" in a phone number when using the keyboard. I had to close the keyboard and press the touch screen while entering a phone number.

The phone book insists on having a default number for each contact. You can have it prompt for call versus text on pressing a contact, but not which phone number to call. It is necessary to go through the address book to select a phone number. The shortcuts always dial the default number! The voice-mail contact only supports one number and is impossible to delete.

Icons cannot be added or deleted on the second icon screen. They can be moved around. That is annoying if you don't want some of the features, like My Verizon that are easy to accidentally press. Depending on your plan, one accidental touch can cost a few dollars for Internet access fees.

One can add shortcut icons to a shortcut menu, or the initial desktop screen. There are no additional icons provided for contacts except the default. Pressing on a contact will either call the default number or bring up a choice of call, e-mail, or text. There is no function to arrange or line up icons.

The desktop animations are good, but there is a choice of only three.

The menus are inconsistent about whether they have a back button or one has to use the disconnect call button to go back. I found myself bouncing between the screen and the disconnect button.

The phone is very slippery. A case is absolutely necessary to avoid dropping the phone a lot. The charging cord is rather short (4 feet). USB functions work OK, but there is a long delay before the memory is detected on the computer unless you configure it through the menus. The device starts in CD mode, then switches to either storage or modem. The modem is basically useless since Verizon doesn't support that.

The flash slot is inside the phone underneath the back cover. The back cover must be removed to remove or install the flash. If you plan to change the flash card frequently that could be a problem, especially having to use a case around the phone. If you plan to leave the flash in all the time, then it is ideal.

In summary, the features in the phone would be good for the price if they worked reliably and were well designed. Unfortunately the features do not work well, and are not well designed. Although there are a lot of features, they are each very limited.
55 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on December 19, 2012
As a hearing-impaired person, I don't generally use telephones very much, preferring to rely on E-mail and instant messaging for long-distance communication, so I resisted getting a cellphone for years. Due to the need of family members who don't use their computers as much as I do to keep in touch with me, though, I was given this phone as an early Christmas present at Thanksgiving last month. I had wanted a smartphone, but the various prepaid plans were too expensive, so we settled on this one instead with the pay-by-the-minute plan (though I'm given to understand Walmart has a $10 per month data plan).

I've been using this phone for a bit over three weeks now, mainly to check mail when I'm unable to get to a computer or to receive direct text messages, and I like it so far. It's TDD-compatible though I haven't yet tested this feature; cellphone-compatible TDD's are $200 or so. The slide-out QWERTY keyboard is a feature that I specifically wanted given that email/text is my main use of this instrument, and when opened changes the screen display from vertical to horizontal. It's sturdy and fairly easy to use though I had some difficulty at first learning how to use certain special keys (such as those needed to type in symbols). The screen is large, clear and sharp and the touch-screen capability works quite well. There are nice little extras such as a tip calculator, world clock, drawing pad, calendar and notepad included, and of course, the 2-megapixel camera, which won't replace my existing digicam but is fine for taking quick snapshots (I think of it as being like one of those old Kodak Instamatic cameras). The built-in memory is puny but can be upgraded to 16GB for less than $20 (or 32 or 64 GB for more) with any of several brands of Micro SD memory cards. The USB port allows you to recharge the phone (in my use so far, I find that the battery should be recharged - which takes 1 to 2 hours depending - every three or four days) or connect it to your computer to upload or download data. There are lots of extras available though they cost varying amounts per month, so you'll have to judge which ones are most useful to you. If you don't like the default red/black color schemes there are plenty of protective-case accessories on Amazon to change the color to something you like better,as well as protective screens for the display.

Very nice phone overall!
on November 8, 2012
Love this phone. I had Straight Talk before and the internet was a nightmare and I could only write a one page text at a time. This phone is great, does everything I want it to. No it isn't a smart phone but my sister has a Droid and it really doesn't do all that much more than this one does. The internet is awesome on this, you can cut/paste/copy, bring up multiple pages, open pages in new windows, share on facebook, you name it. Far more than other prepaid phones do. But if you want a smart phone then either get a plan for $100+ a month or prepaid Verizon Smart phone for $80 a month and like $300 for the phone.
on May 24, 2012
If you are looking for a good basic phone and don't need bluetooth, then this phone has a lot to offer. However, I absolutely need to pair this phone with my 2008 prius bluetooth, and for the 1 1/2 weeks I've owned it it has been extremely unreliable, sometimes staying connected for a couple of days and sometimes refusing to connect at all. Unfortunately, this is a deal-breaker and I'll have to return it. I've had 2 other basic phones that have had absolutely no problems staying connected to the bluetooth (another LG an a motorola) so not sure what the heck is so off with this phone. :(
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on September 21, 2012
I bought this phone at a big box store because it was available, I needed a prepaid plan, and Verizon carries it.

It got really, really hot when I used it for more than 15 minutes.

One day it got really, really, REALLY hot, and then the screen sort of scrambled itself, the sound started getting too choppy to understand, and then, well, it just died.

I bought ANOTHER one for the same reasons I bought the first, plus the fact that I was already familiar with how to use it.

That was just a few months ago. Now it is getting really hot when I use it. Sometimes when it gets REALLY hot, the sound becomes indecipherable. I hang up, let it cool, and reboot. This doesn't happen easily when I'm blue-toothing it while I'm driving . . .

But it is clearly getting worse, and I'm already planning on my next phone. I promised friends and family that I wouldn't put them through this much longer. Conversations can be really frustrating.
on April 25, 2013
I bought this phone from Verizon. Lasted me about 6 months. Only two months in started having problems with memory, internet, and phone calls. But I liked the keyboard and the price so I stuck with it. After 5 months the screen was barely working and wouldn't register that I was touching it, so I could only navigate with the keyboard. Sadly the keyboard doesn't actually give you access to much, not even the menu. I ended up getting into a rage with it and storming off to buy a crappy $15 phone to last me until I found a new semi-smart phone I liked.