Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Similac SimplySmart Bottle, 8 Ounce (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Recess Monkey Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on January 27, 2014
We have been using the same 2 sets for over 9 months now! Love them!!! Super easy to clean, never leak (you must align the arrows and secure nipple), never break. DD had a terrible time with Dr. Browns so we quickly switched. I had received a sample thank goodness or else I wouldn't have even known about these bottles. They are now very easy for my daughter to hold because there is a groove in the middle so her little hands can hold it. I highly recommend them.
on December 23, 2013
I actually got my first Similac SimplySmart bottle as a sample before I had my daughter. We exclusively breastfed for 3 weeks and then I decided to introduce the bottle so that she would take one when I went back to work. I pumped some breast milk and she took to the bottle right away. The nipple on this bottle is a bit more firm than some others on the market that I've tried. The shape and how it is made reminds me of the Avent bottles which I used with one of my other kids.

I like the smart close on the bottle. If you can see the blue portion after you screw the top on, you know it's sealed. We haven't had any leaks which is really nice. We never use the easy mix and take them out of the bottle. I'd rather shake the bottle so I don't understand having something mixed.

My daughter is 4 months old now and I'm back to work part time. She still has only every had breast milk, but I feel like this bottle has been so great. She takes it while I'm away and then does great at the breast when I come home. I would recommend it.
on March 3, 2014
My son and I love this bottle, however he dropped a full one from his high hair today and it cracked the bottom. :/ So I got on amazon to order another one as I had done 2 months earlier for $10 and this is the only seller available, selling a bottle you can buy at Walmart for $7 (when in stock) but for 3x that amount + shipping?! Unless I missed where it says this is a 3 pack, that is highway robbery. I give this seller no star!! The actual product gets the 4 star rating.
on April 9, 2013
I originally purchased one bottle with a coupon at a local store. My son loved it, but the dog decided to eat it after a week of use. Better price on here so I ordered 3 more and received 2 as a gift from the MIL. I love the formula bubble reducer inside and my son loves the nipples. They do not collapse and are up to the challenge of a teething baby. Had an issue with them, thought that they were cracking along the bottom edge. Was upset because I had them for 3 months, ordered the next level of nipples and my son loves this bottle. Contacted Similac with issue and received the promptest reply I have ever had from a company, SAME DAY with a phone number that went directly to a real person.This is the explanation I received: These bottles are made of a different material than others, instead of the fogging that happens during sterilization or use of a bottle warmer to other brands, etching on the OUTSIDE can happen. Nothing is wrong with the bottle, it is still safe for use. Even with there being no issue once I received a thorough, reasonable explanation, Similac was wonderful enough to send out new bottles to me which I received 2 days after my email was sent! BRAVO on customer service!! I deducted one star because I believe that the information should be included in the information package that comes with the bottles, something I did recommend to Similac customer service.
VINE VOICEon September 19, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )|Verified Purchase
I'm completely editing my previous review, which was negative.

Closer to 4.5 stars!

My first impression of these bottles wasn't great. They looked cheaply made, and fragile. I still have to admit it has its faults, but I just ordered more, so I've grown to like the things. Well, I should say my son loves them. I'm currently on my 3rd child. It SEEMS like we've used every bottle on the market. We had our favorites with our other sons, but my youngest just couldn't seem to drink from them. With this one, he seems to spit up much less. While he's mostly breastfed, we do supplement formula, and he has to use Gentlease just to keep the spitting up somewhat under control. These have proven to work great for us and him.

Its faults? The nipple occasionally leaks. I'm not sure if it has to do with the little vent or what. It's sometimes hard to get the nipple in the ring without pushing all the way out. It does get a bit frustrating at times! Just make sure you run your finger over the bottom of the nipple once it's in the ring to make sure it's sealed good. That seems to help!

I like that it's super easy to wash. There no tiny pieces that seem impossible to properly clean. They're easy to put together, too. I also really like the design. I like the way it fits in my hand, and the little "diamond feature" that lets you know when you've tightened the lid completely.

I do think that the cap that holds formula for outings is a great idea! I haven't actually used it, though, to say how it works. You have to buy it separately.

Overall, despite it's faults, I have to say it's a pretty great bottle.
on January 26, 2015
This bottle is awesome. I can not find it in stores where I live so im glad I could get it here. It supports a gassy baby and it super easy to clean. There comfortable to hold for me and my son. Do not hesitate to try!
on December 23, 2013
This is the best bottle I have used for my baby. The numbers are easy to read, and the wide mouth opening is great for using powder formula. I have used Dr. Browns which has too many small parts to clean and Playtex which is great because its easy to clean, but the measurements on the bottle are different from in the liners. The similac bottle only leaks when i do something wrong like not tightening the lid or put the nipple in wrong.
on December 31, 2013
The design of this bottle makes it very easy for a sick animal to latch and nurse if they aren't able to eat solid food for whatever reason. Its not too big for a grown cat or dog's mouth. I had a cat who was sick and dying, and in my attempt to keep him fighting I fed him watered down gravy and pet formula from this bottle. Unfortunately he didn't make it, but this helped me keep him strong for longer than he probably would've been trying to syringe feed him(he wasn't having that).
on July 16, 2013
I've bought two of these bottles and each time, when I shook the bottle to mix in the formula, liquid leaked out of the top. I think it has to do with how well the nipple is sealed with the ring, but the cap also allows the liquid to escape. I got the "on the go" cap to use this for traveling (I use Playtex Nursers at home) and it's okay, but I'll be looking for a better option.
on January 12, 2014
I believe I seriously tried every bottle out there. Everything from the drop in's to the cheap grocery store style bottles and hated every one of them. Then I remembered that the hospital gave me this one in our take home package. I LOVE IT! Yes, it is a 3 part step, adding the ring, along with the straw type thing and then the nipple but there is NO leaking. It is lightweight, easy to clean, easy to hold and they do reduce air intake. I really love these and will continue to use them and recommend them.