Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Graco Highback TurboBooster Car Seat, Mosaic
Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Lori Mckenna Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on December 14, 2014
We replaced a previous Graco that was maybe 5-6 years old, handed down from neighbors. Old seat was great, but needed a second one.
The new seat is overall good, but with one pretty major annoyance, the seat belt passage.
The old seat pulled the belt through smooth as can be, but this part they have changed. The new seat changed to a spiral kind of opening, and now there is a rougher angle for the belt when you pull and if feels like its scrapping the whole way. So unless you want to progressively fray into the belt (seems like that would be dangerous, just maybe), you have to two hand it out the whole way until its pulled out enough. This used to be Graco's shining quality, when other brands seemed dumb how they handled their belts, Graco's were always the ones that were designed right and worked smoothly without folding the belt up or whatever the other brands shortcomings. A minor annoyance, yet one you get frustrated at numerous times every day. First photo is new seat and how it looks when extending belt, second one shows old seat, from the rear unfortunately. But you get the idea.
review image review image
on August 12, 2014
This is a great booster -- I've had it for 2.5 years and it's still going strong! A response to the negative comments regarding belt positioning boosters: guys, when using five point harness boosters, PLEASE pay attention to the weight limit on your car's LATCH anchors (there is one) AND the weight limit on the booster seat's connections to the LATCH (again, there is one, and in both cases it may be only 48 pounds). A five point harness is only as safe as the connections attaching the seat to the car are strong -- just like a chain is only as strong as the weakest link. And the worse the crash and the heavier the kid, the stronger the forces deforming those anchors and anchor connectors will be. There is a lot of false advertising out there, and because this is an issue that requires some engineering knowledge, or at least some common sense, it is easy to be fooled. For example, I also own a popular five-point booster for my smaller preschooler. Right on the box it was advertised as a five-point harness booster rated for kids up to 100 pounds. Months after installing it I was horrified to discover that for use with LATCH it was only rated to 48 pounds. I had been putting my five year old in it on occasion, thinking he was actually safer riding in his sister's seat than he was in his booster -- wrong! In a crash he might have stayed securely attached to the seat, but since he was over the weight limit the seat might not have stayed securely attached to the car. The seat alone doesn't protect your child. The seat needs to stay attached to the car to work.

Parents, you know your kids. If they are cautious in the car and aware of safety, and don't unbuckle themselves or fiddle with the belts, or otherwise do anything to mess with the belt positioning, this is a great seat for kids within the age, height and weight limits. It is durable, sturdy, and doesn't show wear. The covers wash. The cupholders are easy to clean. And it will last and last and last, even after your big kid grows too tall for the back. You just take the back off and voila -- backless booster. Best of all, they are more or less held directly against the car by a correctly positioned seatbelt in a crash.

If you do have a kid over the weight limit for LATCH who won't stay in their seat, or unbuckles the seatbelt, or what have you, then please, remember to attach a seat with a five point harness to the car using the seatbelt and not the LATCH.
on April 19, 2016
Our little dude is four years old and about 46 pounds. He's been too tall for a standard car seat for a while now so it was time to change to this. We bought two of them: one for my car, one for my fiance's. This was mostly easy to put together minus the slight trouble I had when trying to attach the bottom to the back as it has this odd hooking system that took me a few tries to get to connect.

In our cars, this was easy to set up. Simply put it on the car seat, put our son in, and buckle him up. Having two sneaky cup holders was also a great benefit as sometimes he can be indecisive and want more than one drink. Like his mom. Anyway, the design is great and can be used for either a boy or a girl. I trust the Graco brand to protect my child and this booster seat isn't any different. It feels solid and I like that it has the adjustable height side impact head protectors as well. It's also nice that I will be able to remove the back when he gets a little bigger and outgrows it.

Overall, I'm very pleased with this booster seat. It's solid and allows for our son to grow with them as he gets older and provides good protection for his head.
on July 2, 2016
Would recommend this product to any parent. Car seat safety is a must and these Graco seats are fabulous. We have the pink for my daughter and the green for my son. I love that the back is easy to snap on. You have to hold the seat flat and then bend the back up to get the pieces to fit properly, but it isn't hard.
There was a bit to put together and we did need a screwdriver, but it only took about 10 minutes to complete.

I love that there is a piece to insert a seat belt on both sides of the high back. Anyone with kids knows thst at times it's like musical chairs when getting in the car. I don't have to worry about what side the seat is on, the belt pulls down and goes through the shoulder strap loop. My 7 year old has a hard time feeding it through, but it is easy to take out and it only takes an adult a second.

Backs can be taken off as the kids grow and I love the cup holders.
on December 11, 2015
We bought this seat to replace an older high back booster. I like that this Graco seat will take us from highback to just plain booster over the lifetime of the seat. The padding is more than some of the similarly priced seats out there. I also like that there is a head support- great for long trips from NC to MI during our summer vacations. My daughter loves the little cupholders that she can push in or pull out when she has a drink. My only complaint is that the width of this seat sometimes makes getting her seatbelt on a little difficult. We have used this in our 2016 Acadia (captain's seats in the second row) and it's more difficult in this car. In our Dodge Caliber, getting her seatbelt on is a bit easier. Overall, this is a great seat and a great value!
on July 9, 2013
After our big heavy car seats for baby/toddler this one feels a little flimsy, but it's really just lighter than we're used to, which is actually a plus. And our five-year-old likes how he can "fell the car move" more than he did before. Also gives him more freedom of motion and is easier for him to get himself in and out of. Probably would not have wanted to move to this much earlier than we did though, which was when he was a bit past 4 1/2 years old.
As others noted, the shoulder strap does tend to come out now and then, but that's a fairly minor nuisance and I suppose having a more restrictive or complicated holding system would have its own problems.
on January 2, 2015
Skeptical at first but after two weeks of use it is great. We bought this seat for our son (4yr) to put in the other vehicle so we wouldn't have to worry about leaving his other seat just in case. The original seat is Graco SmartSeat, so when this one came in I was a little nervous that it wasn't as sturdy as the SmartSeat. However after a couple weeks of use this seat is perfect as an extra seat. He likes having two cup holders, one for his snack one for his drink. The arm rests on it were adjustable so that was a neat feature to have. It is light weight so we tend to move this seat to other vehicles as needed (Memere' and Uncles) versus the big Smart Seat. Overall very happy with the purchase.
on October 2, 2014
The product is sturdy and strong enough for my 4 yr daughter(my daughter is 40 inch). Its fabric used is not very soft but that is washable and makes it good for kid's handling. Overall I am satisfied with the seat.
The main highlight is that it can be converted as a back-less booster when my daughter grows taller.
on September 25, 2015
My 7 year old does not know how to stay sitting up in the car, she flops over and is too big for a normal 5 point harness now. I got her this to help hold her over until she no longer needs the high back. I love the price point and that I can remove the back and turn it into a normal booster. My kiddo is skinny skinny but super tall and I feel safer with her in this vs just sitting in a booster!
on August 12, 2015
Many things to like about this seat--enough padding as to be comfortable, dual retractable cupholders, padded armrests and fairly easily adjustable headrest. The only awkward thing so far is that the way it's assembled means it will flop apart at the seat if you try to carry it with one hand. I also wish the armrests folded up, but I've only seen that on one (now discontinued) booster, so I can't really hold that against this seat.