Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro STEM

on July 18, 2012
I bought this thermometer for trout fishing. Why anyone would pay more for a water thermometer is beyond me, but most thermometers are grossly overpriced, in my opinion. The only thing I might change about it is that the thermometer is made of glass encased in an aluminum tube. Perhaps a plastic like material would be more durable, but mine hasn't broken yet and I've used it dozens of times.
on July 30, 2013
This thermometer works great. The gauge is easy to read and registers water temperature accurately. The gauge does spin inside the black metal housing, but that is because the gauge itself is removable. I just used a small dab of clear Gorilla glue to secure it inside the housing and that fix worked fine. The picture doesn't show it, but the thermometer comes with a cheapy metal pocket clip. I just unscrewed the top of the of the housing near the key ring and pulled it off. It's more likely to just get hung up or bent on something. I'm happy I bought this thermometer and would recommend it. You shouldn't need anything fancier to give you a quick water temp reading.
on March 3, 2013
fishing. i tied it to a string. i think it gives me a little better idea where to fish. i do not have a boat and walk the banks so it helps me find the better spots to try at that time. a person could mark a line with a magic marker at 1 foot intervals, it may help find the targeted fish's depth which would help alot in selecting a lure.
on October 1, 2013
I noticed a few complaints about temperature accuracy and difficulty reading, but I did not encounter either of these issues. I compared against two different digital thermometers at several points and found the variation in reading to be only a couple of degrees F, certainly acceptable for a stream thermometer. One only needs to rotate the thermometer in its case to find the best viewing position and then it's smooth sailing.
on March 8, 2016
Good, but needs to have a better/bigger scale focused around the temperatures of interest - 30 to 50 degrees. Don't need zero degrees; and don't need 100 degrees, but I do need a precise reading at 32, 33, 35, 38, 40, etc. Also, the thermometer twists in the case and I had to glue it in place. But, it is 'spot on' the right temperature - if you can read it.
on November 17, 2013
Works as expected. Looks good. I recommend buying a cheap clip-on retractable cord that you can attach to this. I have and now I just reach for my hanging thermometer and can extend it to the water by my waders at a whim. When I'm done it zips back to my side unobtrusively.
on March 26, 2016
I decided I would take my fishing game up a notch and start checking the water temp to help aid in my life selection. I ordered this and what I received was and Eagle Claw brand thermometer that was NOT made in China. I can't remember where specifically but, It wasn't made in the US. The wiring under the threaded cap was torn straight out of the package. Everything else seemed very well built so, I siliconed it back in place and have been using it ever since. I love it, and it seems accurate enough. Don't hesitate to buy this one!
on September 27, 2013
It is easy enough to read. FYI: the thermometer turns in the protective case so spin it around so you can read it. :-)
As someone else stated the connection ring is pretty flimsy but I keep mine in the vest. The water was 60 degrees today and the fish were very active.
on June 24, 2013
Hesitated to buy this as people complained that it moved inside the outer casing - but geez -- how lazy can one get! This worked great to test water temp and was easy to read -- even at my older age of 65. As far as the glass inside turning around - yes it does but just a swish with the thumb on it and it turns to the front to see the readings. Great price. Would buy again. I attached it to some long lead fishing line to be able to toss it out easily to check water temp when fishing.
on August 7, 2014
Got this to take fishing and test the water temperatures. It works great! There are more expensive electronic ones, but it seems dumb to buy one of those when this works so great. Very durable and fits well inside the case. No complaints!