Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Look Park Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports

Product Packaging: Standard Packaging|Change
Price:$6.58+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on September 17, 2012
Our 4-year-old is a huge Brave fan. After she requested a Brave birthday party and we decided to get her an InnoTab2, we knew this software pack was a must.

There are a total of 7 different things to do in the main screen: A story page, 3 learning games, and 3 creative activities. If your InnoTab does not have a camera, however, then there are only 2 creative activities.

The first is the story page, which seems to be standard with any InnoTab game pack. The story is automatically narrated. You flick the screen left or right to go forward or back in the story. You can touch random objects to "interact" with them after the narration for that particular page is finished. There is also a dictionary feature and an option to click each individual word to read by yourself.

The 3 learning games have 2 levels, easy and difficult. In these games, you earn gems that you use to purchase things in the "Creativity" activities.

1. Archery Training: The game starts with Merida on her trusted horse, Angus. You help guide Angus on his path and collect arrows by tilting the screen left and right and up and down to jump. The second portion is timed basic mathematics. You have 3 minutes to use your arrows to shoot down the correct answer. For instance, it will ask, "What is 4 minus 2?" In that instance, you click on the target with the number 2. The third portion is collecting arrows again, and the fourth is another round of math.

2. The Witch's Spell: This happens to be our daughter's favorite, and mine as well. It begins with a 3-minute timed course of choosing the correct ingredients based on a shadow displayed on the bottom right portion of the screen. Once you have chosen all the correct ingredients, you slice them by dragging the stylus down the dotted line. Mathematics comes in to play again when the game prompts you to move a fraction of the sliced ingredients to the bowl (i.e., 1/2 or 2/3). Then you finish up the potion by grinding the ingredients.

3. Storming the Kitchen: You touch the screen to guide the 3 brothers through the castle, collecting sweets along the way. The object is to find the key to the kitchen so they can nab some yummy treats. You travel through the castle going up and down stairs, jumping on beds, and even popping in secret passageways hidden by tapestries! As you go along, there are mini games. They are essentially puzzles where you have to tap the pieces to swap positions. When you finally find the key, you have to make it "fit" by matching it to a shadow of the correct key. You glide pieces along the bar until everything matches and... voila! The boys get their treats.

After earning gems in the learning games, you can spend them in 2 "creativity" areas. You can either go in the Tapestry Gallery and decorate the tapestry of your choice, or you can go to Archers Challenge and create an archery path for Merida by purchasing targets.

The third creative activity is called Photo Fun. If your InnoTab does not have a camera, then this option will not be available. However, if you have the InnoTab2, you can use the camera to take pictures and decorate said pictures with various frames.
33 comments| 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 10, 2012
I bought this for my neice because we were taking her with us on a road trip and we figured she likes the movie brave so she can use this during the car ride. She played it the whole car ride and all weekend and she loved it!
on April 27, 2014
My daughter is 3 and we bought her this because she loves Brave. While she loves it, she does struggle playing some games. This game really is for kids aged 4 and older. She'll grow into it and for now I help her play the harder levels.

Really pay attention to the recommended ages for innotab games. Through my experience I've found them to be very accurate.
on April 8, 2013
I bought this because it had really great reviews. My daughter is about to be 3 so she's under the recommended age but she still enjoys the game and can navigate and play it without too many problems. The voices sound like they are from the movie so that's appealing to her. Her brother thought it was cool too, "for a girl's game". Cute game.
on March 25, 2013
My 5 year old niece has a InnoTab and loves the movie Brave. This is a great learning game teaching her basic math. She loves the InnoTab system so much and its great because yes it is a video game, but it teaches her valuable skills so you don't feel guilty if they spend a rainy day playing.
on July 30, 2013
Learning with Merida, what could be better? This game was a HUGE hit with my 5 year old. He's practicing counting, numbers, simple adding, spelling, reading and logic and he LOVED it. Very cute, very educational!
on December 26, 2012
Purchased this as a gift for my 3 yr old Grandaughter who loved the movie and I felt would acclimate to the 4yr-7yr rating. She immediately started playing with it on her InnoTab2 and loved the games and interaction.
on June 2, 2013
My 4 year old grandchild loved the movie so I purchased this game for her to enjoy. She like the different targets you can shoot at and loves the horse ride. It is very creative and enjoyable to play even for her Grammy.
on February 14, 2013
Like the variety of games on this. my daughter is just over 5 and enjoys it. One game has some math (addition and subtraction) that is too difficult to do on her own in the time allowed but as long as I am sitting with her I can help her figure it out. but that just gives her something to grow into and still be able to play this game later on.
on February 18, 2013
We got this for our almost 6 yr. old for Valentine's day, and she loves it. The games are the perfect difficulty level for her, and once she masters something, she can make it harder. Even our 2 yr. old likes playing the arrow game.