Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on December 8, 2014
So far these are the best pair of goggles I've ever owned! I'm a liftee at Park City Mountain Resort so I wear my goggles all week long. Haven't had them fog up up on me, they look awesome, and they're super comfortable. Still need to try switching the lenses but i figure it shouldn't be too much of a challenge. Will update later in the season if any issues arise.

UPDATE: The I/OX is a difference maker...
It's the end of a long season and Smith did well. I only had one fog up issue and it's because I was wearing my I/OX's with a balaclava and a fur ukshana in -34 degrees fahrenheit (kind of expected). The Green Sol-X lenses are perfect for most of the time. When it's DUMPING snow or your skiing down in the twilight at the very end of the day, you're going to be happy to have the Red Sensor lens. Trust me- switching the lenses is not as hard as some people make it out to be. Like most things it just takes some time to get used to it. (If you ever see a small gap by the nose piece with light/ air coming through, all you have to do is take your glove off and fiddle with the nose piece until you hear it click into place and the gap will disappear!). From the picture you can see that these goggles have been abused and the green lenses are pretty scratched up. The one really big scratch is from getting hit in the face by a fixed grip chair. The rest are a combination of carelessly taking off my helmet in the shack and aggressive tree skiing. This is what they'll look like if you beat the hell out of them 5 days a week for an entire season. All in all I still give these goggles top marks and will probably just get some new lenses for the days I'm not working next season. I HIGHLY recommend them to anyone who's on the mountain a lot.
review image
on January 8, 2013
These are the best OTG goggles I have ever owned. These goggles come with two lenses. I purchased the Impossibly Black pair which came with the low-light Red Sensor mirror lens. After an initial and quick learning curve, swapping out the lenses was easy and fast. I have so far only used the blackout lens which is fantastic in sunny conditions.

These goggles fit perfectly over my slightly wider than average glasses. Neither my glasses or goggles fogged at all. The I/OXs do cost more than other goggles but are in line with what you would pay for spherical lens goggles with extra lens. If you add the comfort and fog free experience...they are a bargain.

My only criticism is the storage bag it comes with does not work too well when storing both the goggles and replacement lens.
on December 26, 2012
I've made an upgrade from a classic pair of Smith Optics goggles, and I can say there is a big difference. I use them with Smith Optics Variant Brim Helmet, and the fit is perfect. I didn't use the red sensor mirror lens yet.
I didn't have any problem of removing the lens and try out the other one.
The ventilation is very good as well. I highly recommend this product.
review image
on May 3, 2014
Purchased these for skiing this year. I wear glasses and find it hard to find good goggles with interchangeable lens that are easy to swap out. I had one vendor tell me that these were not OTG even though Smith list them as OTG on their website. They work fine over my glasses and the lens are really clear. The lens swap is quite easy and I have had no problems. Would definitely buy another pair, if I needed them.
on January 24, 2014
No need to change lenses even in bright sun, all though you could in 10 seconds, great viability, and does not fog. Everything you want in a goggle. this if for bigger heads, if you have a smaller head make sure you get the IO
on January 5, 2016
In the last 3 seasons, I've purchased 4 pairs of googles. They just never seem to get the job done.

I especially had trouble on cloudy days where the flat light just kills me. I asked a friend of mine who is an optometrist, and he recommended the Smith Blue Sensor lenses. So, I decided to give them a try.

These are a little expensive but I was sick of buying less expensive ones just to replace them again at the beginning of every season so I decided to bite the bullet and spend a little bit more this time.

They were amazing! The spherical lenses do make a difference. There is absolutely zero distortion.

I didn't expect this but actually, both the Blue Sensor and the Red Sol X lenses actually worked great in flat light. I could see way more than any other googles I have ever used.

Just to be clear though, these are big so if you have a smaller face, you might want to look at something smaller like the Smith I/O or I/O 7 which I believe are smaller. I also bought a Smith helmet to go with these and they fit perfectly with the helmet and the vent system with the helmet is amazing. The only time they fogged was on the lift but once you get moving, they didn't fog at all.

Best googles I've ever owned! Very clear view and super comfortable!
on August 22, 2014
I bought these goggles because I had a pair of bolle otg goggles and they worked well for a year then the foam liner started to rip of and they fogged up ever easily so if started looking around because I have glasses and it is hard to find goggles that fit over glasses and I went to amazon and typed otg ski goggles and these where on one of the pages and I just really liked them when I first saw them so I did a lot of research on them and I ordered them and the day they came in I put them on and I could hardly tell I was wearing goggles so I tried the anti fog by doing chores because I live on a small family farm and there was snow up to my knees that I had to walk through they would not fog no matter how hard I was breathing and I went back in side with them on where it was warmer and not fog at all they are so amazing I would recommend these to anyone with or with out glasses if they are looking for a amazing goggle and I have the black out lens and the red senior lens these are top notch goggles I don't think smith can top these goggles if they tried and I don't think there any goggles that can compare to these
on January 31, 2015
The goggles are great. I have used both the blue sensor lens and the red solex lens and they are both great for their respective light conditions. I did have a small problem with the fit with a different brand helmet, but the Smith Helmet Helper took care of the problem. http://www.amazon.com/Smith-Optics-Helmet-Helper-Universal/dp/B0012W62CU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1422755816&sr=8-1&keywords=smith+helmet+helper
The lenses do not fog and they are extremely clear in all light conditions.
on January 20, 2014
I have had these goggles for about a year with over 30 ski days in all conditions, using 3 lenses, without fog up issues. On 01/04/14 I spent the day at Sunday River, ME with the base temperature in the morning at -17°F. They performed perfectly. Perhaps there was a bum batch of lenses, but I wonder if those having fogging issues have fitted the strap properly. The strap should be a bit tight with the foam slightly compressed around your eyes. Do not tuck your Balaclava under the goggles as this will exhaust your moist breath directly into the goggle space.

The field of view is just great with these goggles and they fit my Smith helmet nicely. They are very large and built for people that would wear a large helmet.
on March 22, 2016
Some random disjointed thoughts on these goggles:

I mean it's a good pair goggles - it's really more of one goggle as you can see.

Is it worth $180? I'm not sure. Is it worth $100? Yeah.

They're pretty secure - they've only fogged up a few times but it was probably my error.

I left them on my helmet overnight once and the padding around the sides kind of stuck in that position. I think it's okay now though.

Make sure you get a helmet that has that depression around like goggle height so your goggles don't flop back over your helmet all the time.

The lenses are hard to change.

My girlfriend (no I'm not making her up, internet) spent a lot of time researching different lenses and what's better for what conditions and when. I didn't get a definitive answer so I got one of the cheaper colors. They both work great one is good for dimmer lighting and the other is good all around.